October 22, 2014 | 1427 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Anti-Shine Compact [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by akathisia

I hate caking on powder, but I have mighty oily skin. Blotting sheets are ok, but I go through a lot of them. Lately I've found that creamy anti-shine products do the best job. I've tried low-end (NYC Anti-Shine Stick) and high-end (Shiseido Pureness's stick, RIP), and Smashbox's Anti Shine Compact is the handiest and works the best.

You can use it under or over makeup, and it's small enough for carrying in pretty much any bag. It really works well, and it's so nice to have a mirror and sponge for impromptu touch-ups. The packaging is quite chic.

I just wish I wasn't going through it so fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this as a Christmas gift, and I have to say that after reading the reviews I was a little disheartened. However, I think it's gotten a bit of a bad rap. I cannot see even attempting to use this over your make up, as I agree with the other reviewers that the applicator sponge would definitely remove (or move around) your make up - even if you're just patting it on lightly. I've been using it after I've moisturized and before applying my foundation (I use Bare Minerals). It does help control shine and my foundation goes on nicely over it. While it doesn't control my shine or oil all day, I don't have to blot or powder quite as much. The packaging is nice, and the little compact is slim and can fit into the tiniest of bags. I think this would be a really nice alternative for those who don't need foundation but do want to control shine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this a few times so perhaps I'm not giving it a far chance but I do feel rather underwhelmed by this product.
    It does absorb the excess oils from my t-zone nicely but, no matter whether I pat it on or stroke it, it always removes some of my make-up from my nose and chin. It's a shame because I love the powder-less look it gives but I doubt I'll repurchase, I'll stick with my MAC blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kely34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mattifier I have ever found and I have tried them all on my extremely oily skin. It doesn't feel greasy when you put it on like a lot of mattifiers do. I loved it! I would definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by sexyperfume

I guess I'm one of very few who actually like this product. For me it works better than anything I've tried. For reference, I don't wear foundation and use a light dusting of powder to tone down the white cast from my sunscreen. My skin is normal but I do get a bit of a shine, which the anti shine takes care of :) Just a quick dab is all I need to last several hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mona_mua

they tricked me with their packaging!! this is one of the only products i bought without testing because 1. the photo primer worked so well and 2. the compact rocks.

when i took it home, i tested it on my hand. didn't even bother putting it on my face. it's greasy, gross, and white. reminds me of crisco shortening.

i dug out all the white crap and kept it is just for the compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS SUCKS!! Other than the cute compact it was a total waste of money and hope. (the 2 lippies are just for the packaging) I'll just stick to the blotting papers and powder. *sigh*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 9:50:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't even bother buying this product.. i tested it in the store and it was just gross. I don't know what they were thinking. As far as I am concerned, things aren't met to be put over your makeup cuz it will just make it look like your piling stuff on. oil absorbing sheets do wonders, and i will still to alternated between them and more of the powder i wear. $26 is stupid i'm glad I didn't bother buying this because I knew it looked too good to be true.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

AWESOME PACKAGE, so-so product, and very pricy!!!!!!! I'm a sucker for a great package, and an even bigger sucker for Smashbox!!!! The product however tames oil for a small amount of time, but hey, does any anti-shine product REALLY work? No!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2005 10:10:00 PM More reviews by sarrah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this along with the tube form of anti-shine, because the lady at sephora recommended it. It touches up after the tube stops working, but it only lasted about 45 minutes & my skin was starting to get oily again! Also the first few times using it, i had trouble getting the sponge out & i didn't want to break my nails. But with time, it has become easier to get out. The packaging/design is awesome though...