April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Matte

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by elle1281

Along with Mac ( I am NC20) I find Estee Lauder double Wear hard to beat. I wear 2W1 sand and find it gives amazing coverage which lasts all day and does not move unlike other foundations. For somepeople it may seem like a mask but I find if you choose the correct shade it's great. Wouldn't recommend it to people with dry skin as it tends to dry the skin out, which is good for oil prone skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this years ago, in the 90's, and liked it. However soon after purchase I dropped the bottle, it fell against the edge of the sink and the glass bottle broke in half. There was foundation everywhere!! While scrubbing the huge mess, I swore I'd never buy the stupid thing again. Fast forward to 2007 and my wedding day...I needed something longer lasting than Revlon Colorstay, and this was the only thing that came to mind. My local dept store only had a few colors available (so I thought it was on it way being phased out, but as of today, 12/26/2007, EL has it available through their website, at least) Cool fresco was a reasonably good match so I bought it. In the pictures I looked OK (at night time, indoors, with flash) But in the mere 6 hours the wedding party lasted, I needed to blot/repowder twice: not necessarily the fault of this foundation but my superoily skin. The glass bottle without a pump is cumbersome to use by modern standards, I'm thinking about transfering to a Colorstay pump bottle. To comment on an earlier reviewer: Of course the SA's say it'll only last 3 months once opened and will be discontinued soon. They want you to buy multiple bottles at $32.50 a pop. I don't trust anything they say anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by unity7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for as long as I can remember. I have been told the waterproof makeup is bad for the face in time. this seems to be correct info. My skin looks old and tuff, I am looking for something new and have tried several things, not happy yet. The Estee double wear feels heavy, thick looking. I think time is the key here.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kimm3ie

I WOULD absolutely buy this product again, if Estee Lauder would make more colors for this foundation! The coverage is really great. I think it is heavier, but it covers acne scars really well. I got the ivory shade, the warm bisque shade, and really, it was all too light for me. I could go a shade darker, but frankly, I'm just tired of returning to the SA. The bottle also needs to be redesigned as well. The pump for this foundation would be so much better because you only need so little of it to last through the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by dpinkham002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My pet peeve is having to touch up my greasiness as the day goes on. First of all, make sure that when the rep color-matches you, that you go outside and see it in natural light. I've been calling this stuff my "george washinton" makeup because, even though it looked good in the store, it was way to light. The finish is okay, but you will have touch-ups during the day. Pretty bottle, but overall, a disappointment. I'll be trying Clarins matte foundation next.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by neenee17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was really excited 2 try this b/c i had heard good things about it,i have oily skin so i thought this would be perfect when i went 2 the store they didn't have that many shades 2 choose from they gave me the second 2 the lightest color they had which i thought was wayyy 2 light b/c im latina and have light/meduim skin and she assured me that it wasn't so the first time i wore everyone was staring at me and i thought it was just b/c i was so beatiful but little did i now that it was 2 light i went into the bathroom only 2 discover i looked like a GHOST! i was horrified i raced home immeditly and washed my face and took it back 2 exchange it they reccommened that i try double wear foundation b/c double matte doesn't have that many shades 2 choose from so she gave me some double wear well long story short it was 2 pink and 2 light by this time i was fed up and just returned it i will never buy either of this products again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by chickichick

I love this foundation because it keeps my oilies at bay AND it covers beautifully. Just be warned though... according to EL's sales rep, the lifespan of this foundation (and any other foundations w/o a pump) is only 3-4 months. I've had mine for so long, probably since last summer because I needed something to control my oily skin during hot summer months. Then I stopped using it since the weather was getting drier and wanted to experiment with other foundations (always looking for something better~) So it's been sitting on my makeup counter until I recently started using it again. The result: I broke out horribly!!! I don't think the foundation is causing it because it never happened before. So, be warned! I'm throwing my old bottle out today and get a new bottle of Double Wear instead of Double Matte this time to see what's better!

UPDATE: Ever since I switched to Double Wear from Double Matte, I agree with some reviewers about how Double Wear has a prettier look to it than Double Matte. The color choices are much better. However, I didn't like the way it made my face look ghostly white in pictures (because I LOVE taking pics). But it's still a good foundation. It's long-lasting and it didn't make my already oily face oilier.

Oh, EL is discontinuing this product soon... so STOCK UP!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

>I LOVE this foundation, I have been wearing it for a few years, I have tried other's but none is good as this, I live in Florida, very hot and humid it lasts all day great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 3:06:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one I should've reviewed looong time ago ~ I LOVE it! As others have noted, the color selection is awful, thank goodness I'm a tad bit tanned or else the "Tawny" shade would probably be too dark for my NC30 coloring.

Coverage is gorgeously matte and it covers most anything; if I tap a bit extra on top of blemishes, it covers them completely and still looks good. This one tops my MAC Studio Fix, which beat out my Clinique Superfit (those two are great, but THIS one is THE Superwoman of foundations!).

I don't think this is too heavy (and it's buildable) but then again I hate runny/liquidy foundations with little coverage. If you can find a decent shade for you, you gotta try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by oknad78

I needed a foundation for my wedding day...I went to the Estee Lauder counter at the mall and the makeup artist recommended this one (since i'm always shiny)...I ended up hiring her to do my makeup and let me tell you it gave EXCELLANT coverage and it kept the shine away. I absolutely love this product and will continue to buy it!