April 17, 2014 | 1582 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by helicopter99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice soft neutral color. It's glowy and forgiving colorwise, but is shimmery so if you have rough area or wrinkles be aware to avoid toomuch on those areas. It's cheap enough that I keep spares around.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by melissahaislip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"HG STATUS"
I just realized that I have been wearing this blush everyday for over a year now, and I'm normally the girl who has a new 'best-ever' product about every other week.
I'm also the girl that most 'neutral' and 'natural' pinks and peaches look anything but on my skin. So I tried out roses and plums, reasoning that since the 'any girl, every girl' colors didn't work for me, the sideline colors might. Nope. Too garish, too warm, too cool, too wrong in some way, even with my light handed technique.
Circumstance had me reaching for Soft Mink in a Walgreens one day(I needed to apply a face quickly, and all of my makeup was at home). It was cheap, the color was light and very soft looking and, to be honest, this was Walgreens. If I didn't like the blush, I could return it. I applied in my Honda Accord dressing room and my mouth fell open.
Soft Mink is, in my opinion at least, a slightly cool rose color with slighty warm tones. There is shimmer, because no Cover Girl product would be complete without it. Shimmer and I are long time foes, but this is not overwhelming if you apply it delicately. And please do so.
I pick up a bit of color, dab softly, give it a smooth swirl, and that's it. My cheeks look flushed, not blushed.
If you're finding that most of the neutrals and naturals aren't for you, you might want to give this one a shot.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful neutral color. Tones down any redness in my pale skin. Shimmery, but not too much. Would be easy to apply too much color, so use less than you think you need. My HG blush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not wild about this blush. The payoff was lousy and it's really, really shiny. Might be ok for a teenager, they seem to be able to get away with shiny colors but not for my 47 year old skin. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by texalina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the natural color and soft shimmer. Looks good on my fairer winter skin and darker summer skin. I dabble in other blushes on occasion, but always return to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Bride949

took a lippie off for its strange shape, but this really is my HG blush! its perfect in every way.

my Nars orgasm and MAC blushes have been untouched in my train case for months- i always reach for my good 'ol covergirl soft mink.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by ohmonica08

This is my HG of blushes! After trying several different kinds of blushes they all seem to break me out so I always find myself running back to this one time after time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on the good reviews, I ordered this from Drugstore.com. I received it today and I am pleased with the color. I am fair to medium and very tan in the summer and when I first saw it, I was concerned it would be too light and too brown (I normally wear pinks/plums). This gives a "your cheeks but better" look. I am very happy and honestly, without reading these reviews I would never have picked this up in the drugstore. Thank you ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by abcdefg2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product!!! It leaves me subtly flushed and lasts all day. The amount in the container doesn't run out quickly either. One of my friends said this to me when I was wearing this product: "Oh my god! You're perfectly blushed!". It's worth it to try this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am the most makeup savvy amongst my friends (not that I'm an expert or anything lol), and one of my friends was wearing this one day, and it looked amazing on her. I asked her what it was and was shocked to learn it was a Cover Girl product. I rushed to get it ASAP. I am very fair with cool undertones and was worried this would turn browny/orangey on me. Instead, it is a complex peachy/pink with a bit of bronzey shimmer to it. It doesn't turn orange on me, surprisingly. The shimmer is almost too much, but it's still a nice blush, and for the price you can't go wrong. This would probably look good on several skintones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No