St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/15/2014 10:34:00 AM

I just bought it today and after the first wash my skin is unrecognisably smooth. It feels like after facial spa treatment. Smells pleasant and generous with apricot beads. I was never a scrub user and now I love this scrub and will definitely repurchase.

on 5/27/2014 8:43:00 AM

I cant really give a judgement on this product as I only got it yesterday, but I am very very pleased with this product.
I recently had a really bad reaction with another product (*cough* Good Things Purifying Cleanser) so I used this in hope it would make the spots caused due to the cleanser smaller and less irritated.
I like that St Ives have various forms of this scrub to accomodate specific skin groups (Renewing, Gentle and Invigorating)
I used this product individually minus anything else, this product didnt dry out my skin, if anything it left it feeling soft and supple. I also noticed the following day that my skin had a glow to it which I believe was caused by this scrub.
At 4.29, this is a great scrub for those like me with normal/combo skin.
The beads within this scrub felt a bit scratchy, but if anything, that helped the overall result of this scrub.
I am going to incorporate this product into my "pamper evening" night, after me using my facial mask as I believe this is too harsh to use on a daily basis.

on 5/1/2014 10:50:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this stuff, and I am very pleased. I have congested/combo skin that's rosacea prone and somewhat sensitive (yes, I'm, a lucky gal). I use this between 3-5 times a week in the mornings depending on how my skin is feeling. Typically I let my skin get a little soft in the shower, lather my face with my cleanser, then put some of the scrub over the cleanser. I don't think it's too abrasive on it's own, but my skin is finicky, so the cleanser is a bit of a buffer. It rinses cleans, and makes my skin softer and more even looking.The price is definitely right. I also like that since it's cheap, I don't mind using this as a body scrub if I've run out of mine. I would recommend, and I will buy again.

A good budget buy. Does not feel too abrasive at all - in fact quite smooth so I don't worry that it's doing my skin any damage like some scrubs. Smells good.
However, I'm a recent convert to Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser so don't feel the need to use the St Ives scrub as much as I did but you can't go wrong for the price.

on 3/19/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this for years. Really effective in treatment of blemishes! If I get s pimple I use this and its gone fast! Luv it!

on 3/19/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

If I do not use this as a body scrub in the shower, then I have only one particular use for this product on the face, and that is to wash off the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I remove the dried mask with a moist wash cloth and then follow up with this scrub to ensure I get everything out. The trick is to use a very light touch and soft circular motions. Did I mention a very light touch? Since both the mask and this scrub are quite drying, a good moisturizer is imperative. And! Do not do this at home facial more than twice a week unless you have very oily skin. I find that a treatment with apricot fragrance, crushed walnut shells, salicylic acid (scrub), kaolin, bentonite, and sulfur (mask) is plenty. However, you will have soft radiant skin afterwards without breaking the bank. Both the scrub and mask are under $10 at most drug stores.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

What can I say? This stuff is fantastic! Much better than the regular St. Ives or Neutrogena. Take it from an older person (I am 60 and have almost no wrinkles) who's been fooled by hype to buy expensive products 'many' times over the decades. Expensive does not mean better. Young women, don't be 'taken' by costly advertising. If you find products like this that work in your regimen, keep it. High end companies and so-called cosmeticians are always going to 'dis' economical products that are effective. I buy this often at the Dollar Store for $2 for 200 ml. This is a winner!

on 2/23/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great everyday scrub, especially if you have acne. If, like me, you have acne and starting to age, the SA in the product will do double duty for your skin. I do have a more expensive microderm cream I use once a week, but use this one everyday.

on 2/12/2014 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

use it in the shower. Great for exfoliation! Works better than some of the more expensive brands. Been using for years and havent found anything as good. Will continue to exfoliate face with it.

on 2/8/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my goto scrub! The apricot beads in this scrub exfoliates very nicely and makes my skin very soft and smooth after rinsing! The scent is neutral in my opinion; it doesn't smell pleasing but it also doesn't smell terrifying. I usually use this scrub before I use my cleanser because this scrub will help the cleanser become more foamy and thick! The price is very cheap as I can get a large jar of this product for around $5, which will last me about 4-6 months. I also prefer the jar packaging over the squeeze tube since the cap on the squeeze tube will accumulate water if you keep it in your shower/bathtub. I wouldn't say it can get rid of blackheads and blemishes though. Overall, I will definitely repurchase this and I recommend this product for those who want a scrub that will do its job!