October 1, 2014 | 1228 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by annacy97

This is a pretty good product! I'm 16 years old and my skin is not too bad, I just have a few blackheads on my nose and pimples on my forehead from time to time. I use this scrub whenever I feel like it and I'm always pleased with the results! It leaves my face SUPER soft and I also really like the packaging. Some cons are that the beads are kind of tricky to wash off especially on the sides of your face. Also it doesn't do much for blackheads which I'm pretty dissapointed but it's a really good scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MezzieDhami

USE IT! LOVE IT! I've been using this same scrub every night all through my teens and still do and I swear it is the one thing that kept me from getting acne. How do I know, whenever I stopped using it for some non-scrub type of "acne-fighting" cleanser (this includes all the big shots like Neutragena, Clean and Clear and Noxema and so on!), I would break out all over again! The one thing I suggest is that you buy the big jar and be sure to use the scrub on you neck and chest as well (keeps skin even, smooth and young). Oh, and I have sensitive skin but this has NEVER bothered my skin in the least! And it doesn't test on animals. And it has natural ingredients. What's not to love??

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahvuong7

People who are saying that this is horrible for your skin, should be saying this about all exfoliants then. I think many know that exfoliating too much is bad, and that scrubbing your face down very harshly will of course be bad. However, with any exfoliant, depending on how fine or coarse the exfoliating beads are, you have to decide whether to be rough or gentle. If you're scrubbing extremely hard with this product everyday, of course you're going to have some bad results. Many know that you are not supposed to exfoliate every single day, as this will strip your skin of moisture, and can make your skin weaker to UV rays. Over exfoliating is of course bad for your skin, but using this scrub once or twice a week and being gentle will not destroy your face. I first bought this product when I first started actually taking care of my skin (About when I was 13) and I have used it ever since and this is what really cleans my skin and stops breakouts for me. I have used it ever since and I have tried other skin care, but I've always came back to this. The product is creamy and thick, and has A LOT of little apricot exfoliants in it. People say that it's too harsh for your skin, but that's because it's a physical exfoliant, so it'll only be harsh if you put a lot of pressure and force while exfoliating. You just need to be very gentle, and it is also a great body scrub if you don't like it for your face. It smells okay, and I always use it after steaming my face, or a hot shower (To losen up any dirt and oil) especially around my nose and I just scrub in circular motions and no blackheads! I think the packaging is alright, but it could be better since you're always left with a lot of product stuck in the crevices of the tube when you're about to run out. I live in Canada, so I can buy it at Shoppers' Drug Mart for $4.99 or Superstore for $3.50. It really makes your skin feel very smooth and soft (I always follow up with a moisturizer) and I use this 4-5 times a week (Mostly for around my nose, or even as a mask to really let the salicylic acid work) and I use the St. Ive's green tea scrub in between since it's gentler. Because of this, I rarely ever get pimples, and if you guys do try it, but don't like it, just use it as a body scrub. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The crushed apricot core that causes the exfoliation in this product is not round and smooth, but irregular and jagged, which causes micro tears in your skin. It might work for you in the beginning, but the long term effect of literally cutting your face cannot be good for you. I've never met a dermatologist that would recommend this product.

PLEASE look into a chemical exfoliator (salicylic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid, mandelic acid, etc) instead, it's so much better for your skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by SweeteTarteManiac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does exactly what it says! I have been trying to broaden my dads knowledge about skin and it seriously worked wonders on years worth of blackheads he had around his nose area!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a great scrub that got rid of all my breakouts. I used it daily until my skin cleared up, but now I use it once a week. It can be drying, so I recommend only using it for oily and combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by dmj211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this scrub probably 10 times! I`ve never really tried too many different facial scrubs and washes besides the other St Ives scrubs and cleansers. I love all of them, it is my HG face wash. I have senstive skin so i cant use it every day. Ive never had too many Pimples, so im not sure about that aspect, but it keeps them at bay. Definitely buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Daliladida

I love this Apricot scrub by St Ives!!!!!
I've been using this product for at least a year now and still love it!
I've gone through so many skin care products from suffering with moderate acne when I was in high school. Whole sets from expensive brands like Clinique and everything you could imagine.
Honestly I hardly even have a skincare regime anymore. Makeup wipes along with this scrub are all that I use now and it does really prevent pimples and blackheads. Obviously I still get the occasional pimple here and there or a couple when I switch makeup brands or accidentally sleep with my makeup on (which I HATE but if I've had a big night it happens sometimes).
I use this scrub twice a day in the morning and at night. It smells really lovely and because it does have the beads in it - you only need to rub it into your face lightly in small circular motions.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! I don't see the reason behind except for microtears but I don't use it as a facial scrub but a body scrub, I get horrible acne on my back, almost like boils until I started using this! After the first use on my body I noticed the redness was gone and in a few hours my spots were gone! I always stock up when it's on sale (have 3 spare ones in my draw) apply a generous amount all over your body and then wash with your body wash and it'll feel AMAZING! Perfect, I'll keep buying this body scrub as long as I can, it makes me glow, gets rid of acne on my back, and makes my overall skin looks so nice! Not to mention how cheap it is and how much you get! (Wouldn't use on my face as it's too rough, those of you who use on their faces should try on their body and you WONT regret it!) 100% recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Boborian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product didn't do much for me besides the usual scrubbing. It didn't really combat breakouts or blackheads and so I will not be repurchasing this item.