Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

vegetable soap base, fragrance, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice

on 8/13/2007 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I bought a little motel-sized mini bar at CVS for $2.50, which is WAY too expensive for just an average performing soap. I didn't have any negative effects, and it didn't wow me in any way either. I'm glad I bought the sample size.

on 8/13/2007 6:23:00 PM

First of all, bar soaps in general are a bad idea because they sit out and gather bacteria, but I guess you could always use a soap dish.

Anyway, this did nothing for my skin. I've tried everything for acne, both prescription and non-prescription, so I wasn't too surprised when this didn't work. FYI, I have an oil nose and chin but my forehead and cheeks get pretty dry. This soap REALLY dried out my skin - which I didn't expect - and made it feel tight and flaky, while doing nothing for my acne. I wouldn't recommend this for people with combo or dry skin, but I guess if your skin is super oily it might be helpful.

Wouldn't buy again!

on 8/2/2007 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I first came across this product when I was hanging around the Vitamin Shoppe with a friend of mine (she was looking for hair products). When she got what she needed and was walking toward the cashier to pay I noticed the Burt's Bees stand and saw this product. I just picked up the one formulated for oily/combo skin and bought it on a whim. I didn't really expect major results but my skin was having major breakouts all over so I thought " what the h-e-double hockey sticks" and I bought it. Let me tell you this is a miracle product, from the very first night I noticed a change with my skin. After using it for a week (twice a day everyday) I noticed a significant change it my skin. Another thing I love about this product is that it doesnt dry out my skin no matter how times I use it in a row. I'm not saying I have dry skin because its quite the opposite but sometimes I would use a product and it would make me oh so dry thus making my already oily skin even more oily! arghh!!!! For its effectiveness I dont think this product is expensive at all (I only paid about $8.00). The smell put me off the the first time I used it though but I quickly got used to it. I highly recommend this product to all you beauties who are in a pimply situation cuz believe me my sweeties your skin and your confidence with improve tremendously! :)
Edit: Even though I liked this soap I now do the oil cleansing method.

on 6/2/2007 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Unfortunately, I also had a bad experience with this soap. It smells fantastic and made my skin feel really soft at first. Similar to another reviewer, I noticed an awful lot of dirt coming off on the cotton ball when I followed up with the toner...within 2 weeks my skin was breaking out more than usual.

on 5/21/2007 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I would like to give it 4.5 out of 5. :). I like it a lot! I don't have acne problem, but my T-area is oily. It removes the oily just the right amount. Skin doesn't feel dry after it. I love the smell too! I bought the sample/travel size, it is such a cute yellow-brown bar..since I have a lot of cleansers at the same time, I decide to keep buying the sample size. I use it after I have removed make-up in the evening. For morning use, it is too harsh for sure. ;)

on 5/10/2007 4:06:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It made my skin feel soft and helped clear up my acne. As it is for blemish prone skin, it is somewhat drying. So I recomend using a moisturizer if you don't already. It has a nice scent and lasts FOREVER. One bar lasted me five months and I used it at least twice a day. The only thing I don't like about this is that it really stings your eyes. The first time I got some in my eyes I thought I had gone blind. Other than this, and the fact that, as a bar soap, it is a little hard to store, I really like it. I would buy it again.

on 4/29/2007 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought this today. Since I'm in the philippines, it costs a bit more. I bought the bar for Php495 at beauty bar. A bit expensive for a bar of soap. AFter reading several reviews about the product and being told that this would last a long time, I gave in. Also bought the parsley blemish stick for Php650. I first removed makeup from my face with a makeup remover then used this to clean my face. I love the scent and I like how it lathers up. My face feels a bit tight though. I have yet to discover if this will cause breakouts in the near future. Right now, I'm loving it. April 29 9:00pm

April 30 7:48 am I actually started using this last night. Upon waking up this morning, i noticed that my pores were smaller and the skin on my face smoother! With the help of the parsley blemish stick, the smaller pimples that I had yesterday have flattened and are almost gone. The few cystic pimples may need a little more time though. One thing is for sure..I'm definitely stocking up on Garden Tomato Complexion Soap and I'm looking forward to using other Burt's Bees products.

on 4/15/2007 3:15:00 PM

I really love this soap! I have been using it it every night for the past 6 months with the tomato toner (I use Mary Kay soap in the shower in the morning) and I now have significantly less breakouts than when I was using ProActiv. I love the smell but my mom thinks it is gross for a soap. It doesn't completely remove my makeup, but I guess that is what makeup remover is for. It does slightly dry out my skin, but a small amount of moisturizer fixes it. I will repurchase when the bar runs out, but I honestly think that is going to take about a year

on 4/2/2007 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried all three of the Burt's Bees Complexion soaps, and this one is my favorite. I adore the smell of this, it is so green and fresh smelling. Too bad the smell wears off, this is one time where I wish it stayed around longer.
When I tried my sample bar initially, I wasn't expecting that much. But this feels pretty soothing, there is no residue left after rinsing, and my skin is smooth and comfortable. I can't say that it does much for breakouts, but it is a great basic face cleanser for the summer months.

on 3/12/2007 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! My HG of facial cleansers. My acne has diminished since I started using it (in combination with the toner and royal jelly daily moisturizer) and my skin feels great. I will repurchase this product!