November 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Moisturising, clean scent. Always come back to it. HG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read through over 20 pages of reviews for this cream and couldn't find any mention of the difference between the UK Nivea and the North American. People write about the Mexican made vs. the German made, and one made in Thailand. Here in British Columbia you can buy the Mexican (in blue plastic jar or small tube) or the German (in blue metal tin). The ingredients are almost exactly the same, a slightly different order for one or two ingredients. The Mexican one has preservatives.

Both of these feel identical and smell identical (like citronella), and the cream separates from the water in it as you put it on your skin, which doesn't happen with any other cream I've ever used. I just don't get the intense love for this unless you all are getting a different cream that doesn't separate. Or are all the drug stores here selling ancient stock?

I used to use Nivea when I was younger. I went to England for a holiday in 1985 and bought some Nivea there, and it had a different scent, very beautiful, not like the insect repellant (citronella) scent that the North American (German, Mexican) version have, and had. I hadn't used it since, always remembering the nice UK version. Well, I have such dry skin that I decided to buy some today when I saw the huge tin from Germany on sale for $6.99 at London Drugs.

Edit May 5, 2014: I have used this a few times and find it completely annoying. It goes on like shortening mixed with paste; it stays on the skin and does not ever sink; and it smells like insect repellant. I can see why women used this 70 years ago when there was nothing else in the world to keep the skin hydrated. But I'd rather use plain Vaseline than this if I want hydration with grease. At least the Vaseline sinks in overnight. The Nivea stays on forever. I can't see that it could be good for the skin.

I'd like to comment that Paula Begoun gives this a bad rating based on the preservatives used in the Mexican formula. She doesn't seem to be aware of the German version which has no preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I have about 12 jars of this cream in my life right now. I'm not completely sure how that happened, but I'm okay with that. If you are offended by/sensitive to fragrance, you should walk away right now. While many call the fragrance 'clean' or 'classic', it is mildly 'old lady-ish' (floral? Medicinal? I can't pinpoint it). I think old ladies are adorable and they know their skincare. I use this on my face - I like to slather it on at night (neck, lips, eyelids) - and anywhere else I'm dry, particularly in the winter (cuticles, elbows, knees, ankles - am I weird?). It does what it is supposed to do, which is probably why this product has largely positive reviews. It has really stood the test of time. Also, Marilyn Monroe used it and that makes me feel extra luxurious.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Rebeeka125

Love this in the winter for my hands

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Super duper moisturizing,people with normal skin use nivea soft,this i use for ankles elbows and knees

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by hannahskm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have a big tub sitting in my bathroom! I use it every night to cream my face and neck!
Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by littlebuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily facial skin and live in a tropical country so I don't use this in my face. BUT, I also suffer from eczema in my hands probably from washing my hands too much. My hands were dry,scaly and itchy and my usual body lotion wasn't cutting it. Nivea creme applied liberally on my hands before bedtime for a week completely changed how my hands looked and felt. No more itching and dryness. I'll definitely continue using it to prevent eczema on my hands! If you're suffering from dry hands after washing or persistent eczema, definitely give this a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by TwoBigFins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Classic scent, time-tested effectiveness. Nivea cream has proven time and again to be the best all-around moisturizer on the market!
I especially like that it comes in little mini tins that can slip easily into pocket, glove compartment, etc. In winter, it's easy to prevent my hands from becoming chapped and cracked near the nails: I just whip out my mini tin and apply the lovely, white, beautifully-scented Nivea cream to my hands before going outdoors. Its rich formula and pleasant scent make it easy to ward off the harsh effects of winter. I even apply a small amount to my face and lips if the wind is exceptionally strong and damaging. In the summer, Nivea is a great after-sun moisturizer, too.
My Hubby loves the scent, and always comments on how nice it smells whenever I'm applying it. I think it's a nostalgic little scent that he might unconsciously recall from childhood, when his own mother used to use Nivea cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG for moisturizing everything. Love the scent and multi-uses for this great cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by hudi7

After reading a great comparison on Nivea and crem de la mer I tried it and wasn't disappointed. I use as a nighttime moisturizer and my skin feels amazing in the morning