Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 10/17/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this for my face every night and serves as a great eye cream as well! Moisturizes my face, doesn't break me out and keeps my face looking young. I recommend using it only at night tho, coz it has rich texture and feels heavy on the face. I have several tins, for several body parts! Lol! Overall, I love it.

on 10/12/2014 3:49:00 PM

Ah good old grandma smelling good to put everywhere on your body cream.
I have been using this cream for years, since I've been quite young.
I am never without it and I have different pots sizes. I have the smallest pot in my purse in case I need to put it on my lips or on any part of my skin that is dry. The only downside if you put it on the lips or face is that it looks White, is very oily and gives me pimples if I put it on my T-zone, eventhough sometimes in the winter or if my skin is very dry , I must use it.
I have another pot for travelling.
And the biggest pot at home, to use in the winter , on my whole body.
In teh winter my hands get very dry and bleedy so I massage it very well on my hands and by morning, my hands look much better eventhough during day it gets back again as the skin on my hands is very sensitive.

For the ladies that can apply this cream on their whole face without any issues- this makes a great hydrating face mask! Just apply it on your face, let it sit for 15mins and then remove with paper napkin or cotton pad or cotton pad moistened with warm water. Your skin will look great, especially around the eyes and lips!

on 10/12/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is super cheap and the 200ml tub I have bought will last a long time for what I use it for - feet and elbows. Too thick for face and limbs. I am a recent convert to the sister product, Nivea Soft, which I have recently started using on face and body. And as I am thrilled with the results I decided to buy the original for the dryer bits of me! This is always on offer. I am on an economy drive and have ditched loads of expensive products which were not doing anything for me other than depleting my purse, so I happy that I have gone back to old school products that have stood the test of time.

on 10/10/2014 7:20:00 AM

This review is for the Mexican version on Nivea. I have never tried the German version since you just don't get that in India. Recently I started using a quite popular face wash with 2% salicylic acid, thinking it would help my acne. Within two days of using it, I found my oily skin feeling extremely dry and rough. It almost burned when it came to contact with anything, and that was just after two uses of the face wash. Naturally, I stopped using it and decided to calm my troubled skin by using some gentle moisture. That's when Nivea stepped in. As soon as I patted some Nivea on the irritated, dry patches on my skin, it was like my skin absorbed it completely. After a couple of uses, my skin was calmed, soothed and almost felt like it's former, normal self. Also, despite of Nivea being thick and heavy in texture, it never broke me out. I've always had a tin of it lying around in my house and this incident just further testifies its effectiveness and versatility.

on 10/4/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Nivea is a classic cream for me; a family association.
I am an ardent fan of the scent and texture. The scent - is to die for! I read somewhere that it is a mix of lily of the valley, rose, lilac, lavender, violets, orange etc which are all my favourite scents! It is that classic Nivea scent that is sooo soothing and comfortable on a physiological as well as emotional level as I have family memories associated with it.

The creme is not too greasy. In colder months, I generally soften the cream between the palms of my hands and dab it on the skin, usually after a shower while the skin pores are still open. The Germany version of the creme is a bit more oily and the Mexican one is more waxy or thicker (solid). I prefer the less oily version - ideally a mix of the German version and the Mexican version! :)) I also prefer the Nivea creme to the Nivea lotions as the former is a thick, rich cream which works excellent for dry winters.

I generally tend to buy the larger tub of the creme as that goes a long way compared to the disc tins which I tend to lose :( . Surprisingly, since the creme is thick I thought a little would go a long way but actually a lot of creme is needed for application as body butter. Therefore the larger tub works out more economical. The price difference between the largest tub and and the smaller tub is only 50c which is funny considering that the smaller tub has almost half the creme compared to the largest tub.

The only ingredients in this cream that I am uneasy about are the 'lanolin alcohol' and the two methyl* preservatives - I tend to forget the names - they are super long names. Put on the face, this cream sometimes causes breakouts and I suspect the lanolin alcohol or the methyl* preservative ingredients. I recently read that the two methyl* ingredients which are used in the Mexican version may cause contact dermatitis and are as bad or worse than parabens. Apparently Nivea is working to replace these ingredients. I am very hesitant to use this on the face. This cream works great as a 'body butter'.

This cream works so well on scaly, chapped feet! I had been using J.R.Watkins foot creme which has fancy ingredients like peppermint essential oil and other nourishing oils but unfortunately, the Watkins foot creme was doing nothing for smoothing the skin on elbows, knees and heels. Using Nivea creme has helped a lot. Feet are now very soft and smooth. The Nivea creme is cheaper than Watkins lotion, too.

on 9/27/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Read on Gloss and Dirt that this was a must for legs when wearing dresses or skirts the morning before I had a schmoozy cocktail thing with people my husband works with that I was planning to wear a short dress to. Stopped just for this on my way home.

It does add a very nice sheen to skin. It's not sparkly or something, just a nice, subtle shine that enhances the look of skin. I was surprised at what a (good) difference it made. It rubbed in pretty quickly but didn't absorb for a few hours, so my legs felt kinda sticky, which was less than pleasant but worth it. This would be great in the winter as well for dry skin, as it's a very rich formula.

The jar is $8 but a little goes a long way. I won't be without this for miniskirts again as long as it's not too humid out.

I'm just writing to add in the fact that the German formula does contain petroleum - parafinnum liquidum=petroleum/petrolatum=mineral oil... all basically the same! Many, especially higher-end companies use the term parafinnum because most people don't equate it with petroleum and it sounds fancier. That being said, of course, if the German formula does right by your skin, don't let that turn you off. Just a note!
Also, the petroleum won't sink into the skin - the molecule is too large to do that. Marilyn Monroe used to put a THICK layer of vaseline (pure petroleum) on after moisturizing and also before makeup to protect her skin and make her glow on film. The layer of greasy stuff seals everything in by sitting on top, so it actually can help improve the efficacy of your moisturizer!

on 9/26/2014 11:33:00 AM

I use this on my eye area including the lashes and eyebrows before bed every night and wake up looking super fab. Love it!

Since this is always listed as a cult product I thought I'd give it a go when Priceline had their 40% off skincare sale, not that the price was too steep to begin with. I only purchased the small tub as I wasn't sure my overly sensitive skin would agree with it and did't want to waste a large amount of product.

Nivea Creme is very very thick and very hard to spread around the body. I found I needed quite a bit of it to cover my whole body and therefore my small tub only lasted about five full body applications. This was a very very nourishing cream and made my severely dehydrated skin a lot healthier looking. There are better moisturisers out there though so I don't know if I'd repurchase this.

on 9/26/2014 1:08:00 AM

Love this product. Super rich and creamy. My skin feels great after using it.