Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

I swatch lipsticks on my lips all the time (creme and matte formulas) and this helps me switch them out without irritating my lips and me having to scrub at them. Will not remove lip stains, though. Passable as an emergency face moisturizer, okay as the occasional cuticle cream. I bought a tube because of the nostalgia. It does its purpose but so many other multi-taskers (e.g. mineral oil) do the same as well, and even better, so I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is definitely good as a moisturizer - as it absorbs in, hands become smooth as silk. Yet it takes a lot to absorb. I had it once and I'm never using it again. It clogs my pores so I had to finish the bottle using it only for my hands.
Also it's very very very OILY. That even unpleasant to use. You can even see the space between the cream block and the package walls as oil doesn't let materials stick together.

Literally my go-to cream/lotion. It really has no other smell than a baby but not baby powder haha. I love the thickness personally I don't use it as a all over cream but apple to my more dry areas or very little onto my hands. Put on dime spots on my cheeks, forehead, and chin at night and have all day moisture without the oily greasiness.

good generic cream, does not irritate skin- not even eyes. Can be used to remove eye makeup. I find the consistency much too thick for my preferences, and it takes a long time to absorb. If you are wanting to mix oils(such as Vitamin E, Avocado, or Tea Tree) with a cream base- this is a good cream to use.

I like this cream because it's all time classic. It is a product that we all certainly know and trust, and of course a product full of memories. But, its formula is thick and it is hard to apply it. I also think that it cloggs the pores, especially if used on the face. I usually use it as hand cream, mostly because of the memories and familiarity it offers. I would not recomend using it on the face, especially if you have oily acne prone skin like mine.

Unfortunately this clogs my pores

I never realized how dry my skin was until I started using this. After I read that article comparing this cream to La Mer, I was amazed at how many positive reviews I could find on this stuff so I decided to give it a whirl, and I am so impressed!

At first it seems like something you shouldnít use on your face, since it is quite a thick cream; it does take a while to get used to but I assure you it did not break me out, and I have oily skin. Echoing some of the other reviews on here it does appear oily on your face before it sinks in. This isnít a problem for me since I use this after showering at night, but it could be annoying if you use it in the morning.

After using this my skin has become much more supple and healthy-looking. Itís such a simple and convenient moisturizer and I donít think I will ever use anything else! Only thing that annoys me about this is that they donít sell it in tins in Canada (at least where I live), only in tubes. The tubes arenít bad but I much prefer the tins, one of which I got at a random Shoppers that was labeled Limited Edition but I have not seen any others like it anywhere.

pros: cute packaging, mini tin is perfect size for purse, cheap
cons: greasy and not as moisturizing as other sensitive skin lotions such as cetaphil etc.
I bought it to reapply throughout the day as a hand cream for wintertime dry eczema and I never felt like it absorbed into my hands. I didn't mind the "old lady perfume" smell.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a solidly good moisturizing cream.

I have extremely dry skin that is also acne-prone but otherwise not overly sensitive. I have used this cream as a moisturizer for face and hands and haven't had any problems with it. I don't use this exclusively, as I'm now trying out Nivea Soft as a general moisturizer, but when I did, I used it morning and night (in the morning after cleanser, vitamin c serum, and sunscreen, and at night after cleanser, Stridex, glycolic acid serum, and sometimes additional serums, and immediately followed by Aquaphor).

The good:
- This stuff is very moisturizing, which is exactly what I need. Although it's thick, it sinks in pretty quickly for me and doesn't leave me greasy.
- It's cheap (one tub is $6-7 at CVS and lasts me maybe 2 months).
- I like the packaging (a dark blue plastic jar with minimal text and a screw on lid -- some people don't like jars, but this product is far too thick to be in any other type of container, and I like that jars are compact, portable, and don't spill).

The bad (or potentially bad):
- This does have fragrance, which I know is irritating to some people. It doesn't bother my skin, but it's worth mentioning.
- It is DIFFICULT to apply. I usually put some on my hands and rub them together quickly so it melts a bit then pat it on my face, but it is VERY thick. Don't expect a luxurious-feeling experience putting this one on.
- If I put it on within ~45 minutes of using Stridex, it immediately turns to this weird watery consistency. No idea why.
- I feel that the moisturizing properties are intensive but short-lived (relatively). This is something I find with many moisturizers -- for my very dry skin, it's rarely enough to moisturize just twice a day -- but it's worth noting.

Overall: I really like it! Great for dry skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like Nivea Creme because I have fond memories of the scent - it was the only hand/face/body cream my grandmother used - and I like the retro iconic blue tin.
Sadly that's the only things I like about it. The texture is awfully greasy and just sits on the skin which was rather unpleasant. There are lots of far better products out there and this didn't cut it at all.