November 28, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Belle De Jour

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by KHD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great colour. Very comparable to MAC's Freckletone LS but I felt that Belle de Jour was a truer nude and Freckletone comes off a little orange-y with my skin tone.

I wear this constantly, it's better-than-natural for daytime and is super sexy with a smokey eye for going out at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleiL

This is the perfect nude lip color, it is smooth on your lips and perfect for a dramatic smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

I wanted a mute nude that wasnt shimmery or pinkish. This was perfect. Gives you the muted lip with a hint of moisture so it doesnt dry out your lips. Creamy texture. Best to try this on when you have heavy eyeshadow, not intended to be worn with light eye makeup or it will definintely wash you out. This can also be used as a base for other colors instead of using concealer or foundation to mute lips. Im almost dont with my first stick, i usually need one swipe on each lip for a nice coverage. i will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jena10607

This color is the perfect nuetral color. I like to use dark colors on my eyes and I was looking for a good nuertal color to go with my look. I told the SA at Sephora and she gave me this color. I use this with my Kevin Aucoin lipliner in medium and my smashbox lipgloss in pixel. The lipstick is very conditioning, no chapstick needed at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by meganh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very very sheer and it feels kind of weird on my lips like kind of oily. I prefer Mac Cherish. It is always completely overpriced at $24

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't actually buy this but I tried it on in Sephora and it just didn't work on me..it's a nude with slight sheen but not for me. I looked as if I was dying..and $25 for lipstick? I don't even buy lipstick..I just thought it was pretty in a magazine but not for me. I have medium skin and black hair and it just didn't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Jeii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the color. Nude creamy texture. I purshased Belle De Jour a few mths ago and though it was the natural nude shade I was looking for, I felt that the lipstick did not last long at all. It was my everyday nude lip color but I noticed that I had to re-apply every 30 min. That lead the L/S to finish even quicker. It also made my lips chap quicker but then again...It would be better and smart to apply a good chapstick before applying L/S to prevent that from happening. One thing that I COULDN'T STAND was the smell. It reminded me of cooking oil. One main reason why I would not re-purchase any of NARS's L/S again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a great everyday nude/beige color, not too washed out looking but still enough to be nude, i wear it the most to work, haven't wanted to exchange it for anything else. i would suggest this lippie, and i would even repurchase. yes, a bit on the pricey side, but totally worth it imo.... the formula is really good, not dry and not overly creamy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for well over a year. I was in search for a "nude" lip color that had no shimmer/sparkles for days I wanted the really natural or dramatic (eyes) look. It's creamy, yet smooth and subtle. This looks even better if you have the right lip-liner as well. On another note, just as many reviews have mentioned you need to prep (exfoliate -- moisturize) your lips before applying this product; if not, you will find that the creases/lines or cracks in your lips tend to show up more. Other than that, I love the color and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

belle de jour is a creamy light beige with no shimmer. when applied it goes on smooth and sheer with a glossy finish. this looks a little scary in the tube, but it's actually quite wearable. yesterday i paired this with bare necessity dazzleglass and it was gorgeous. i love nars sheer lipsticks and have accumulated 5 so far. they are just perfect for everyday wear. i find them to be moisturizing, long-lasting and quite light and comfortable on the lips. the packaging is a very sleek and classy matte black rectangular tube. it does have a distinct scent, but this fades within minutes of application.