September 22, 2014 | 1248 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

when i use powders, it is usually to control shiny spots on my face, i dont use it to set anything since i dont wear foundation of any sort. i really like this product for the way i use it. it keeps my face shine free all day, doesnt have an odor, and best of all, it blends in with my face so it looks like im wearing nothing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by prettyinblue

i love this. its a perfet compact powder to carry around all though you dont need to reapply every 5 minutes ( which is great!!) but if you do,it doesnt cake :DD

pros------- nice packaging, good shades,looks good, wonderful coverage, doesnt make your face a grease ball,doesnt look dull, doesn break you out! :D

cons------ thers no mirror and its pretty darn expensive for drugstore covergirl powder!

BUT its worth it so meh (:

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by aznhoney

I first tried this product 2 days ago (Translucent Light shade) on top of my foundation just to set up my makeup. It seemed that I picked the right color for me but it turned to be too light on my face. Also, after a while I noticed my face started getting really oily and cakey, which I didn't like AT ALL. To my surprise though, I put my makeup on at 5:30 am and by the time I got home (10:30 pm), the powder was still on!!! And I only re-touched about once very very minimally throughout the day. I decided to give it one more try (today) thinking a different application might be better. I used it very lightly and it turned out to match my skin very well. Once again, very pleasantly surprised about its staying power, but still did not like it being so cakey. That's why I decided to give it 3 lippies. I returned it today to try something new. It just doesn't work for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

I'm on my third pan already I just lurrrvvve this compact so much! It doesn't break me out, gives me enough coverage (though not for long periods) and the color is amazing! (I'm using #1). I've been in a search for a great touch-up powder and this ended my quest =) this is my HG pressed powder so far.. not too expensive.. nice packaging.. good quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovesmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Cover Girl!! I've been using their pressed powder since the 8th grade! It really works for me, i've always been a translucent honey. I have to say when i first started to use this product it made me look so white! But over the years i've improved on makeup and it's qualitys. I never left Cover Girl, and not planning on to. It's Great!...& the price :]

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by missgapeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's okay...if you don't oil up. It gathers on your skin and gets all gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this stuff. I tried it in Translucent Fair, because in the compact it looked like a pretty close match to my skin. When I put it on my face, however, it looks chalky and gives my skin an unhealthy, dull look. Cover Girl has made some big improvements to their foundations and powders in the last several years, but this product just doesn't work for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is good for quick touch ups over something else. Wouldn't count on this alone to improve appearance of skin at all.

I don't think I'll repurchase, at least not right away.
I would like to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kailinreue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not getting most of the bad reviews on here. I've been wearing this powder over my foundation and alone and it works wonders on my face, it covers most of my imperfections, even my dark circles are at the very least, less noticable. I have this in translucent light (2) and it is very blendable, even with the little sponge thing it comes with. It controls the oil on my t-zone very effectively and I only have to touch up once in this area through-out a 12 hour day. I love this and will be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Olom

This has been the pressed powder I've been using consistently for about 2+ years now (I use 'translucent medium'). I always use a pressed powder just to set my creme foundation (CoverGirl also) and I think it makes a world of difference because it gives me a 'matte' look which I like.
I love the fact that this product is relatively cheap and oil-free... I also love how I can touch up my makeup with this without it building up too much and making my face look a couple shades darker than it is. One thing I hate about CoverGirl TruBlend Pressed Powder though is that, if I so much as accidentally drop this on the floor, the powder breaks up into a billion tiny pieces so that it's like a thick loose powder... I'm not a huge fan of loose powders because they're messy and make me sneeze more often. Other than that, this pressed powder is really great.