October 21, 2014 | 2085 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder, I wear it over my EL Lucidity foundation and it gives my skin a nice airbrushed look, rather than looking like I've actually powdered my face! I hate feeling lake my makeup is caked on and this is nice and light but still controls shine. I generally only wear powder in winter, so I don't know how well this would hold up in hotter, more humid weather.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by abeautifulhaunting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised this has such great reviews. I couldn't even really see this stuff on my face, & it didn't seem to do... anything. Also, I can't find a color match in any EL products, so this made me look orange. It didn't control oil. It didn't make my face look that great. It was expensive. I returned it. I like MAC Select Sheer pressed powder a lot better. I guess EL isn't for me...sigh.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Iriegirl

I give this pressed powder an average rating. It gives a beautiful finish look to the face but it does not control shine at all. I believe I purchased the warm deep and it blended well into my skin tone. -The texture is also beautiful. If you're looking for a finishing powder, this is a winner! But if you're also looking for shine control, look else wear. I had to return it. A shame, gorgeous colour and finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by gdriban

**This has been discontinued--confirmed at the EL counter and by Customer Service on their website--Too bad! It's a great powder. I have been using this for about a month. I use this right over my sunscreen and concealer--I don't use foundation. It evens out my skin tone and looks completely natural. I had tried other pressed powders and in strong light or outside you could always see the powder laying on my face. It also does not change color or oxidize on me. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use ths Aeromatte powder in 3W and its a perfect shade for my olive medium skin tone. The best thing I like about it is it doesnt turn dark like most medium powders, and its doesnt cake up like chalk compared most light colored powders. I have oily oily skin and controls my shine, and my pores look just fine (usually with other powders my pores look big). It doesnt provide much coverage but its a good finisher for foundation. Also, I love the case, the big mirror looks so classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am on my second aeromatte compact in 2w. My absolute love... It goes on great, sets my liquid foundation and helps to control shine.

Update (2/05/08)
    I still really like this powder. I reach for this more than my other powders coz it really helps to control my oil. I'm not really good with sponges (seem to think that the moisture in the sponge is a breeding ground for bacteria), and I find the sponge this powder comes in flimsy. But I never use sponges anyway. It's good for a powder especially for oily skin and has a loose powder finish, so it comes out sheer and translucent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This is one of the best powders I have ever used. It really does give an airbrushed look to the face without looking too powdery or chalky. My skin is fairly dry so I don't have a problem with oil control, but I am left a little shiny at the end of the day. The magnetic-closure on the packaging is also really unusual (and useful!). The only downside with this powder is the shade selection. I have medium toned cool/neutral skin and there was no perfect match for me. I bought a shade which in hindsight seems to be too dark for me. I will definitely purchase this powder again although a paler shade. **UPDATE** I won't buy this again, I much prefer the lasting matte effect of Revlon's Colorstay powder. Aeromatte is a nice powder but very overpriced with not enough colors to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 12:42:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

My skin type: Sensitive, combo, oily skin, needs a good oil control foundation that isn’t too drying.

Color: Warm, Asian Skin tone, medium-light NC40 (Mac)

Foundations I have tried: (NC40)Mac, 80 contour (Chanel), Medium Beige/summer intensive (Everyday Minerals), 060 (Shiseido), Golden Beige (Laura Mercier), Lancome Tient Idole

PROS:

- Nice square compact

- Magnetic closure, easy access

- Didn't break me out

- Smooth, silky texture on skin

- Nice airbrushed look

CONS:

- Do not like the sponge it came with

- Average oil control properties

- Doesn’t last long

- Medium-Warm gave my skin a faint grayish tone

Conclusion: It’s a nice “setting” powder since it provides no coverage. Gives the skin a nice airbrushed look. Does an ok job at controlling oil, but MAC blot does a far better job. Not enough warmth in EL products. This is a *translucent* powder but it still gave my face this odd grayish cast. I returned this because, try as I might, EL powders/foundations just don’t seem to work on me.
    continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Smallonion

Love it! I've never been a wearer of powder until I got a little sample of this stuff. It really does help to keep foundation on longer, gives an airbrush effect, and is not chalky or powdery at all. Love it! I can even use it over under eye concealer to keep it on longer, without it going all chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This is my HG powder! I've been using it for about 6 months and love it. I am 27 with rosacea, OSNT and this powder makes my skin look flawless. I use it over Clinique's Perfectly Real foundation or EL's Individualist. I bought the transparent and I am an n3, EL 1n1 Fair and clinique 102 (n) in perfectly real. I use a fluffy Trish McEvoy powder brush for best results. Try it, you'll like it!