October 23, 2014 | 1957 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner.

I always thought liquid eye liners were a tad too heavy, althogh I liked the look. Sometimes pencils just don't do the trick, they can be a bit to shadow-y. But I purchased this on Gloss.com along with the MAC fine eye liner brush and I am very happy with the results! It is so long wearing, I take it off with Almay Eye Make Up Remover Lotion. It has great pigment and you can apply it with a light or firm hand depending on how dramatic a look you want. I use very light, sweeping strokes across my top lash line and a touch in the outer corner, while using a white pencil liner in the inner corner to make my eyes look bigger without drawing attention to my makeup. I love the elegant glass pot in comes in.

The packaging is wonderful and I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very small eyelids that occasionally get bigger when I'm extremely tired. This product works very well! It's easy to shape without smudging, but these days...I've been finding that my eyeliner has been feathering out by the end of the day so that it looks like i have raccoon eyes. I hope I'm just wearing it wrong, because I really do like the product..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews on this site about the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I knew I had to try it. I used to use Lancome Artliner pens with mixed success. I prefer liquid liner to pencil because it goes on better (I always have trouble with pencils "tugging" on my lids) and it lasts longer. However, I had a really hard time putting the Artliner on straight. Eventually I got so-so at applying it. Well, they all finally ran out and I needed to get some new eyeliner. I bought the gel liner in Sepia Ink and LOVED it the first time I put it on! I also purchased the Ultra Fine brush from BB and it works for me very well. The eyeliner goes on very easily and looks great without a lot of painstaking concentration like I needed with the Artliner. The best thing is that is lasts all day without fading, sliding around the eyelid, or flaking off. I immediately purchased the Cobalt Ink, Granite Ink and Violet Ink after trying and loving my first one, Sepia. I highly recommend this product and will buy it again. However, the amount of eyeliner in each pot will likely last for a REALLY LONG time, so I don't know when I'll need to replace it! This makes the $18 price tag more worth it, you are likely to not need to replace it for a year if not longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I don't think this lives up to the hype. For the price, it just isn't worth it in my opinion. It's basically the same as the Maybelline gel eyeliner which is quite a bit cheaper. I was really excited to try this but it just was nothing special, really. I think I'll be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Taipeibaby

The best eyeliner that doesn't smudge even in tropical weather. How and where to apply is also important depending on your eye shape. Out of all the eye lining product, this one is so far the best for me

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have tried Black Ink several times and it always tranfers to under my eye on me. I have used other liners with no issues doing all things the same. I am a fan of BB, but not these. I much prefer to use her long wear cream e/s as liners. Beach Bronze is my favorite for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by vicomite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was so terrible for me. Had extremely high hopes because of the price tag which was 35AUD and am sorely disappointed. The liner always transfers onto under my eyes within the HOUR. Whatever I do, setting sticky concealer, putting translucent powder, putting black eyeshadow on it to set it and priming my lids have proved futile. The eyeliner also went hard after a few months even though I had always closed the lid tightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

Bought this when I was in Singapore and man the price was just too much! But i gotta try this stuff! Compared to Mac fluid liner the BB's staying power is much better (with or without setting it with an eyeshadow) even if you have oily lids , even after a couple of hours the product is still intact it doesnt smudge around like crazy that youll end up having a racoon eye hahaha.

Will i buy again? maybe not I think this product will take forever before it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous. Fantastically easy to apply, lasts really really well and looks glamorous without looking harsh.
Bought this on a whim in Singapore (feeling jetlagged and highly unglamorous). I got it in Espresso Ink which is a nice non-black black. Though I have dark eyes and dark hair, I often find actual black is a bit jarring for daytime.
I bought the Bobbi Eyeliner brush, too, which I love.
I must say, am very, very impresssed. I imagine the little pot will last for ages, too.
The only minus I can think of is the palaver it is to open the pot, put the lid down, get out the brush, calmly paint a line.... etc. Maybe I should just slow down in the mornings and not blame my lateness on eyeliner!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm only 27, but have really heavy eyelids due to genetics. Because of this combined with my oily skin I have a *really* hard time finding any eye makeup that will stay on for me. Even professional makeup artists who have done my makeup for events claim they know what will do the trick...only to have my makeup disappear 3 hours later.

This gel liner is perfect for that smokey eye since the creamy consistency is easy to smudge and it really does do a good job as far as staying in place goes.

Because of my skin/heavy eyelids it still doesn't stay in place for me all day, but I'm sure it would for anyone else. Some tips I've discovered though to increase the amount of time it does stay:
-use a primer. i use mac paint pots
-put powder shadow on the area where you want the liner to go...this has been the trick for me that works best. i guess it gives the gel more to adhere to
-if you're going to smudge it, let it sit for maybe 10-20 seconds so that it can begin to set first

And last, I will say that this stuff lasts for a REALLY long time and doesn't dry out at all. Would definitely recommend.