January 27, 2015 | 1566 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

I found this smudged and gave me panda eyes. I don't have oily eyelids, and have used MAC, Estée Lauder and L'oreal versions with no trouble. Went on beautifully, and was a wonderful strong colour, just didn't like me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

Black, easy to work with, doesn't dry up, and stays in place longer than Mac fluid line. But still smudges on my extremely oily lids =\ Very pricy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by soubidaaa

This is a HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Let me repeat, HORRIBLE product! I do not understand all the hype about it!! In fact, it is so horrible that it led me to post my very first review on this website because I feel like I need to warn others about how horrible this product is!!

When you first apply it, it applies wonderfully, smooth and pigmented. However, in less than 15 minutes, it starts to smudge. And by "smudge," I mean MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A PANDA. I have absolutely no problem with any other eyeliners doing this to me, and I would not say that my eyelids are oily in any way, but this product just smudges like crazy!!

I do not understand why there is so much hype about it, as I asked my friends who also have this product and they have all told me that it also causes the same problem for them. Therefore I do NOT recommend this product. DO NOT BUY.

And it is quite expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this product as some claim it dries out quickly. I have owned it for four months and it is just fine thus far. Typically, I replace mascaras every three months and will most likely replace this gel liner every six. Only for sanitary reasons because I am just that way with products that come that close to my eye. This gel liner is fabulous. It applies nicely, evenly and is long-lasting. It is great for tightlining when using the right brush. Unfortunately Bobbi Brown liner brushes do not work for me. Note that I do own and love many of Bobbi Brown's brushes, it is just her liner brushes that don't do the job for me. I own the gel in Black Ink (my favorite), in Espresso (also nice and not as dramatic as the black), Chocolate and Chocolate Shimmer. I doubt I will replace the chocolates, but the other two are great! I use Lancome BiFacils to remove eye makeup. I like that when it is time to take this off, I don't have to rub to remove it. It is great! I find I use it more often than pencils now and I prefer it to my Chanel cake liner as it is the easiest product for tightlining the eye! Does not irritate my sensitive eyes and that is a big deal for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just had to post a rave for Bobbi Brown gel liner in Dark Chocolate which unfortunately was limited edition when she recently launched her chocolate collection. This Dark Chocolate is the black brown I have been searching for since a very old pencil liner from Mary Kay named Black Walnut from at least three decades ago! Dark Chocolate is completely matte and not just a deep brown. I don't own Espresso to compare, but tried it once this summer it arrived melted from UPS so I returned it (not knowing this would have been OK) however I think this new Dark Chocolate may have had more black in it otherwise I would have exchanged my Espresso for another and would have never tried this limited edition shade. Holy Trail, I just hope Bobbi brings this back someday in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by TeoCicc

Spectacular liner!!!! Not a fan of the brush that is recommended with it. As a make up artist I've tried them all. This is top notch ladies. Well worth the investment!!! Cobalt blue on brown eyes is my FAV!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by suezhang7

Long lasting and very easy to apply. I have bought this 3 times already. Have not found a gel eyeliner better than this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by taniaex0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After buying this product twice, the first time in black and another in brown I have decided that Im not the biggest fan.

Mainly due to the fact that this product dries out so quickly! I'm careful with my gel eyeliners, always making sure the lid is screwed back on after use.

I use this eye liner every day and after about 3 weeks of usage, its dried and began to crack.
The wear is ok.

I've also tried Inglot, Shiseido and MAC gel eyeliners and for the price, I think you are better off shopping around first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner.

I always thought liquid eye liners were a tad too heavy, althogh I liked the look. Sometimes pencils just don't do the trick, they can be a bit to shadow-y. But I purchased this on Gloss.com along with the MAC fine eye liner brush and I am very happy with the results! It is so long wearing, I take it off with Almay Eye Make Up Remover Lotion. It has great pigment and you can apply it with a light or firm hand depending on how dramatic a look you want. I use very light, sweeping strokes across my top lash line and a touch in the outer corner, while using a white pencil liner in the inner corner to make my eyes look bigger without drawing attention to my makeup. I love the elegant glass pot in comes in.

The packaging is wonderful and I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very small eyelids that occasionally get bigger when I'm extremely tired. This product works very well! It's easy to shape without smudging, but these days...I've been finding that my eyeliner has been feathering out by the end of the day so that it looks like i have raccoon eyes. I hope I'm just wearing it wrong, because I really do like the product..