July 28, 2014 | 1678 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

Words can not describe how much I love this product! It makes my hair so touchably soft and silky. But you literally only need a small amount of the product, or it may get too greasy (which sucks, but oh well.) I 100% recommend this, little on the pricier side, but defiantly worth the splurge.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I am not sold on this product. I have pretty long, blonde, processed, dry, damaged hair, the slightest bit of humidity and my hairs turns into a giant poofy lion's mane (also I thought I should get short layers in the summer-time WORST idea). My grandma gave me this product she got at a salon, otherwise I wouldn't have spent $20 on such a tiny bottle.
It smells nice, the packaging is decent (leaks a bit during travel though), but I really don't find it does anything for my hair. It smooths it out but doesn't make a difference in the frizz - maybe I'm using too much or too little? I use about a quarter sized amount in damp hair and then a tiny drop after my hair is dry to try and smooth the ends out. I wouldn't buy it, wouldn't recommend it, and don't use it at all anymore. As far as so-so products that smell nice but don't really tame frizzy hair, I'd much rather buy Garnier Moroccan oil anti-frizz treatement for a third of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ElenaAllen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this product at my salon since my hairdresser always uses it, and I am not disappointed at all. Totally makes my hair super soft and silky! It was a little expensive though (30) but it comes with 350mL and you don't want to use to much or your hair gets greasy so this will last me forever! Recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cathym630

I have used this for over 10 years! I've tried many other silk treatments and every time go back to this! You must shake the bottle every use because the contents settle but it smooths my hair out perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by StarPower28

Amazing product that could really get your hair back form the dead. I have over processed hair, I went from natural black hair also naturally frizzy, thick and coarse to blonde using bleach twice and hair dye every 2 weeks or so. One day I decided that I would like to go black again, and after I have dyed it, you can see all the damaged ends that looked straw-like. I had been using Redken Smooth Lock for more than a month now and haven't really noticed a difference. I am also alternating it with Fructis Hydra Rechage and have not seen a difference in the texture of my hair until I purchased this silk therapy yesterday and applied it on towel dried hair. This morning I decided to flat iron my hair and applied more of this product and noticed that my ends didn't look as bad as it did yesterday. No it did not look perfect but did look so much better. I decided that this is worth giving a 5 star although product is pretty expensive. However, I was able to purchase a bonus size of 350 ml for only $23 at my local grocery.

If you want smooth ends, and be able to run your fingers through your hair, along with smelling so good all day and silky texture with no frizz, this is a product that's worth trying. I am not sure if it sealed my split ends temporarily but I don't see them now.My hair is super soft without that greasy look and feel to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was first introduced this product when I was in elementary school by my mom who told me to use it because it was good for my hair. It's been ~8 years and I'm still using this stuff! I typically buy the 150ml size and I only use a tiny amount so it takes me forever to finish a bottle. The smell get also be a little too much and be greasy if you use a lot so I tend to use really little. The second some product reaches my hand when I tip the bottle over and I immediately lift it back up because this stuff is runny. I split my hair into 2 sections and apply it from my ear down. I'll definitely repurchase this after I'm done with all the ones I currently have a lot.. which is about 3 of the largest size so it'll take me a few years before I buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by cosmjunkie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like to use Biosilk Silk Therapy after I get out of the shower and remove excess water from my hair. Because my hair is so long, I squeeze a large amount (about the size of a toonie) onto my palm, rub my hands together and massage evenly to my hair, focusing on the lower half of my hair and then working excess from my roots through to the middle where I started. Because my hair is so long and I don't blow dry it, my ends can sometimes take a beating (from being slid around between fabrics), so I like to focus on the ends of my hair to keep them nice and hydrated. This product smells amazing, and works as well, if not a little better than Moroccan Oil. It's pretty expensive in Canada ($20 for a 50ml bottle), but if you go to the States you can pick up a bigger bottle for the same price ($20 for a 444ml bottle)!!! I have used this product for years, since my hairdresser introduced me to it, and I love it. You can use it on dry hair as well, just make sure to use a SMALL amount or like Moroccan Oil, it can cause your hair to appear too shiny/greasy. It can also be used on skin to help keep it feeling soft :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

This is my fail safe serum. I have fine hair that I color frequently. It's a light consistency that smells pretty good (fresh and clean). When I use this I'm guaranteed soft shiny hair. It is pricy but sometimes you can find deals at stores like tjmaxx. I do try other products, because you know how it is, we're always on the search for something better, but I always have this on hand. A bottle will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has been an integral part of my hair care routine for about ten years. I was intorduced to it by my stylist at the time because I asked her to recommend something to reduce frizz and promote shine and softness with heat styling and she told me about Biosilk. prior to Biosilk I used Isoplus sheen spray amongst a few other oil products which were fine to use; howver, they weren't doing what I desired as I mentioned...they better served as sheen sprays which is what they were intended for initially. But those were the only products I could think of that might give me somewhat of the results I was looking for...UNTIL I got my hand on BIOSILK. The results were PERFECT! I have normal, relaxed hair that I always blow dry and heat style with a flat iron and the BIOSILK gave it an absolutley beautiful finish that wasn't heavy, too oily, or greasy. I apply this after washing and conditioning my hair, then I section my hair into fours and apply the BIOSILK serum to one section at a time and blow dry each section as I go. When I finish my hair feels soft, moisturized, and the ends are very smooth so when I flat iron my hair the ends don't appear frayed or overprocessed. Even if your ends are a bit out of shape because you are between visits to your stylist for a trim this will absolutley help get you thru to that next visit by helping your ends to appear polished and well kept. As well as this has worked for my relaxed, heat styled hair...I am almost certain it will work just as well for natural styles too. It's a bit of a price shock initially but it definitely pays for itself with its exceptinal quality and the fact that it lasts a good while since you don't need much to get the job done.
Great hair care investment...i will be trying this on my new Brazilian hair extensions ASAP.
~A. Starr

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You can find these at marshall's $20 for 15 fl oz. It's quite a steal if you ask me. I use it every night after a shower and it just makes my hair beautiful. I've used moroccan oil (blue/orange bottle) and other leave in treatments from the drugstore (Organix, tresemme, etc) but nothing performs like biosilk.