MAC Lustre in High Tea

4.2

on 11/21/2010 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have never been a fan of nude lipsticks on myself, mainly because of the fact that I am so pale that anything close to being nude makes me look dead. So there is definitely no Myth in the cards for me. I decided on this color as a nice neutral because I wouldn't say that this is low pigmentation, but compared to one's lips it just adds a hint of color. In the tube this definitely looks very light, almost to the point that I was scared to try it on. It looks like a very light nude with subtle hints of a soft pink pearl embedded in.

When in the sun this just gives off a nude pink that looks natural but with a slight golden sheen that makes one's lips look as if they are glowing within. Indoors this lipstick transforms into a slightly more nude, sounds unflattering but it actually works.

I am not normally a fan of the Lustre formula and I usually stick more towards the Creamsheens and Amplifieds because they tend to be more moisturizing and just last longer. But with this lippy I had no problem with the color sticking, it lasted about 4 hours, which is a very long time on me since I tend to bite my lip when I'm studying...which is almost all of the time.

This is the first nude in a long time that comes across very flattering, without giving the impression of concealer lips...a trend I never really understood. I would have to say High Tea is probably one of the best nudes from MAC, this lipstick really shows what a really nude lip is supposed to look like.

on 11/20/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is HG. It's the perfect nude with a hint of nuetral pink/champagne sheen to it. It's also a very universal shade, too. It suits so many different skintones! I love how smooth and creamy (and slightly moisturizing) it is. It's perfect.

on 10/23/2010 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is a beautiful nude shade, more on the beige-ish than the pink side, a tad pale looking on my NC25 skin, but in the sense of a sheer golden glow rather than washed out or dead. It's perfect for when I just need to draw a tiny bit of "life" out of my lips, yet maintaining that neutral, polished look. Recommended especially for yellow-toned, fair/fair-medium girls, but for you out there who don't fit that description, don't let me deprive you of the glorious joy that is High Tea - I'd still give it a go if I were you.

on 10/4/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LISTEN UP!!! for anyone who wants the perfect nude lipstick. I have had a really hard time trying to find the perfect nude lipstick that doesnt wash me out. I found it!
PERFECT bronzy beige color
SUBTLE but not too subtle
this lipstick actually makes me GLOW!
I have olive skin but i honestly think this can work for ALL skin tones
SERIOUSLY TRY IT OUT!

on 9/11/2010 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually just baught this lipstick yesterday. I was in the market for a nude shimmer lipstick to put under my NARS Greek Holiday lip gloss. I loved High Tea because its beautiful under the gloss, and by itself. I have alot of pink in my lip so it brings out the pink in it, and has just enough shimmer to make my lip playful, but not childish. I love this product!

on 8/29/2010 12:00:00 PM

This is my all time favorite lipstick. I've been using it for 2 years now! I always come back to it. It is a perfect color for the day and night.
High Tea = LOVE!

on 8/28/2010 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Cons
-lustre finish applies moistly, but quickly dries and makes my lips all wrinkley
-colour = somewhat dull and muddly (I'm NC20 but not as yellow)
-smell still like sunscreen (under vanilla scent)

Pros
-glossy (no long lasting)
-packaging is sleek
-colour is nice if I only apply thin layer

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love, love, love this lipstick! I was originally going to the MAC counter in Macy's today to get Viva Glam V Lipstick, but just as I was about to grab it, this caught my eye. In the tube it looks like a tinted pink brown color. When I swatched it on my skin (NW43) it appears as a frosty champagne-pink color. On my lips, it is gorgeous! It's great for girls close to my skin tone who are looking for a nude lipstick with a pink tint. My new favorite lipstick! I love this. Will buy again, again... and again.

on 8/13/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favs from MAC! i bought this a couple months ago and dont know why i waited so long, pretty champagne gold-toned nude and goes with just about anything. great for summer too i can just swipe this on without lookin in the mirror and im good to go. i dont know why people dont like this lipstick as much as i do, its awesome!

on 8/6/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was on the hunt for a nude lippie to go with smoky brown eyes and my NC25 skin. It looked beautiful swatched on my hand so I purchased despite the things I had read thinking that different things work for different people. However, once applied to my lips it had a slight gray overcast and it reminded me of a frost, which is not my look. Took back to Mac. Would not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks