Too Faced First Base Eyeshadow Primer

2.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This base is great as an eyeshadow - its a great highlighter under the brow, and it feels great. However, as for a base, it's pretty bad - it makes my shadows go on really patchy, concentrated in one section and sparse in the another. Since I've got a bunch of highlighters, I won't be repurchasing - sorry, it doesn't do what I need it to do!

on 3/5/2007 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had been using either L'Oreal's base or Urban Decay (which I like,but it makes my lids itchy and red). I found that my eyeshadow did not crease at all-not through q 16 hour workday and 4 more hours of commuting-and kept my shadow looking intense,sparkly, and out of my contact lenses. It was not itchy nor drying. I also use it as a highlighter on the center of my lips after applying lipstick. I have never used a too faced product before,but this makes me curious!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

A sucker's born every minute and I was suckered into this at ULTA and this looked gorgeous during the demo; however, there is a difference between theory and fact.
Factually, you can expect your shadow to crease as soon as you've completed the application process. I really think it was made for lips or something as I have tried my share of primers and this was like putting olive oil on and then applying shadow. Complete waste of money, so remember, you have been warned.

on 12/17/2006 11:43:00 PM

This stuff is absolute garbage. It went on blotchy and my shadow creased within and hour and a half. I will never buy this again, nor tell anybody else to get it. Urban Decay Primer Potion is the best one out there, by far. Don't waste your time or money on this.

on 12/14/2006 5:52:00 PM

i love first base, although i'm obviously in the minority if you read other reviews for this product. a too faced ma at sephora showed me how to use it about a year ago, and now i always use it. i have also used urban decay primer potion, which i think is okay but not as good as first base. i also use mac shadesticks a lot, which i like, and mac paints sometimes (i don't like paints as much). i know that the general consensus is that udpp is the best and that paints are far superior to shadesticks, so maybe i'm not the best person to listen to for most people. that said, first base adds a little bit of shimmer that makes me look more awake while being subtle, and it is really easy to apply. you have to add the eyeshadow(s) immediately after applying first base to get the best effect, so do one eye at a time. lastly, this stuff lasts a very long time--much longer than udpp.

on 11/17/2006 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think it made the creasing worse. it has an odd texture and was not easy to put on. I had one eye shadow creasing within 30 MINUTES. Total waste of money.

my eyeshadows NEVER crease. i would use foundation and loose powder, and it would stay from morning til night. but i got this stuff, and i liked the shimmer, but thats about it. first of all, it made my shadows show up dull and almost muddy, as if i blended every color imaginable together. i wore this stuff alone today and it even creased then! the SA at sephora was showing me the F.Y.Eye base, and i told him that i had bought the Too Faced base a few days ago and wasnt happy, and he gave me a horrid face and told me to return it. im gonna go with his advice on this one.

I do not like this product. I will say this though, it does bring out the pigment of your eye shadows. However as for crease-less quality, it sucks. I highly recommend Urban Decay's Primer Potion over this. UD's PP is the best there is. It's the only primer (for eyes) that doesn't contain waxes but uses isodedocaine.

on 4/23/2006 3:01:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this stuff. I love the way it makes the color of my eyeshadows stand out. That was one of the things I was looking for when I bought this, but the big reason I bought an eyeshadow base it to eliminate the creasing that happens with all shadows on me. Anyhow, a sephora rep recommended this product to me and swore that it would prevent creasing. I was a bit hesitant because it was 15 bucks, which I realize isn't a lot for makeup, but it's a lot for me. Anyhow, I was sorely disapointed when my eyeshadow creased in less than two hours. :( I don't think I would by this again. I need to find a better eyeshadow base that will actually prevent creasing.

on 12/27/2005 9:34:00 PM

This product came highly recommended by the SA at Ulta. It creases horribly. I would not buy this again.