October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Strawberries and Champagne Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by turkey2083

This stuff smells cheap and nasty just like most of the girls who wear it. Lol, not to hate, but it's not exactly a high class scent. I definitely agree with the cheap booze scent. It does smell like wine coolers. If you want something light and fruity for a teenager or something I guess it's cute, but I don't think it's acceptable as a fragrance. VS makes a lot of quality fragrances and this isn't one of them. If you want something light, sweet and classy I highly recommend Aquolina's Pink Sugar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I remember when Victoria's Secret retail stores were brand new, in the 80s, THIS is exactly what the inside of the stores smelled like...they must've formulated this scent as a room fragrance years before they started selling beauty products! It's a feminine, fruity fragrance, not sophisticated or complex but a step up from other fruity body sprays & definitely not for everyone. The strawberry is nice, can't say I smell champagne (can't say I'm disappointed about that either!) & there's also a significant rose component but a lovely rose, sweet & not too mature smelling like some rose scents smell. I'm so glad I got the EDP spray instead of just the body spray, it really does last a lot longer that way. I like this pretty & simple fragrance!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the bodywash but this just would not stop smelling like alcohol no matter how much I'd shake the bottle :-( Aside from that, this smell reminds me of Dior's Miss Cherie which is absolutely yummy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

A close friend of mine gave me a set of Strawberries and Champagne lotion, body wash, and splash, 7 or 8 years ago. I was in highschool, and, of course, I wore it. Not because I particularly *liked* it but because, being a cosmetic product, it was therefore womanly, and aloud me to revel in my femininity. But now, as a grown woman who has sampled many fragrances and discovered what I actually like and what gives *me* pleasure, instead of just wearing body splash/perfume for the sake of wearing a cosmetic, I can't imagine ever wearing something like Strawberries and Champagne. It is harsh and cloying, beer mixed with synthetic strawberries, fizzy, boozy and artificially fruity. It smells cheap. Now I realize why my mother complained every time I spritzed this stuff on. There is nothing pretty or elegant about this fragrance. I could see it perhaps being somewhat refreshing, in the way that beer is refreshing. But then, you don't aim to *wear* beer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ipreshuzi

The day someone commented that I smelled like a drunk girl..was the day I stopped using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of this scent. The smell reminds of the scents from the Tinkerbell beauty products I used to play with as a child.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by nic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this for Christmas and put it in my gum bag. Put it on this morning after my work out and six hours later it is still going strong. Not overpowering, but I am aware of it. It reminded me of another scent and for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was... it is almost a dead match (on me anyway) to Gap's limited edition Love Potion #14, which I bought two bottles of a few years ago and have been storing in my fridge to ration out. Not anymore.... this stuff is almost the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by dmitchell15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Victoria Secret's Strawberries and Champagne. I think it is a great casual or everyday scent. It is for those that like fruity scents with a little bit of tartness. You can definitely smell the champagne, but it is not overwhelming. I highly recommend this if you like fruity smells. It would be good for the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by pancakegood

This scent makes me feel girly! It's pretty sweet and probably not for everyone. I like to put on a light sprtiz of a VS spray before I leave the house. I've been doing that for years. All my coats and scarves smell great! ha!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have two bottles of this spritzer I got BOGOF some 6 years ago. At the time, I really liked the scent, then I got sick of it...Too sweet. It stayed at the back of my bathroom cupboard for 4 years and then one day I was heading out the door and realized I hadn't showered and really stunk. I knew my regular deoderant wouldn't do anything for this, the only thing would be to clean the area well and then apply deoderant and so I was searching for the rubbing alcohol and found this. Hey, this is supposed to have a champagne scent in it, and it certainly has alcohol in it, so I spritzed this cooling mist on. And I liked how it smelled! What had attracted me to this in the first place all those years ago was the strawberry scent, but right now I like the wine cooler-like scent quality. It makes me feel like a fun carefree college going girl again. Reminds me of the days before I had kids and responsibilities. Of course, I have other perfumes I like better and so I will not use this often, probably just days when I haven't had time to shower and need to smell better or when I'm feeling old and want to smell younger. I will continue to use this as I have a completely full other bottle, but I won't repurchase.