October 21, 2014 | 1197 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite bronzer. I bought this based on the reviews here. In MAC, I'm an NW25 and usually wear Warm Sand or Beige in BB foundations. This bronzer makes my skin look flawless. It's the perfect color, a medium tan shade with no shimmer whatsoever. It looks very natural and is easy to apply and blend. I usually apply this bronzer with my MAC 180 buffer brush. I used to use Refined Golden from MAC as my HG bronzer but the shimmer in that product was too much for me and I wanted something that was natural. Glad I bought this stuff and will continue to repurchase if I ever run out--the compact is decently sized so there's enough in here for a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Lori_W

I have this bronzer in Natural, Medium and Dark.
Yes, I use them all! lol My go to shade is Medium and one of the very few products I have hit pan on.
I have dark hair, green eyes, medium to light complexion.
I can use this shade with a bronzer brush and use it for contouring.
When I do use the dark.. I use a softer blush brush with it.

Now that Bobbi is doing the customizable palettes.. I so wish they would also make the bronzer available in both the large for home use and in a smaller palette size so it could be customized for travel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by warfreakbaby

Nice bronzer for first timer. i thought i will never need a bronzer because im acidic and any makeup used on me turned darker/gray in color. but i was wrong. with this, it gives my face a contour and nice glow. this is my first bronzer and i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this bronzer as a natural blush - it works as blush for very clear skin. Fast forward 2 years and I could not use this as a blush anymore - it just looked like some dirt on my cheeks. Currently use this as my HG bronzer - on days when I want a rosy radiance, I apply a light layer all over my face. It instantly takes away the yellow (sallow) tones in my skin and makes me look like I spent some time in the morning sun. Apply too much and I will look like I have applied fake tan though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

This bronzer isn't bad, I like the fact that it is matte. However, the color is a bit too red for me and I have to be careful when I apply that it goes on smooth and doesn't look too concentrated in certain areas. It is also quite pricey and hasn't lasted me very long. My favorite is still Cargo's matte bronzer which isn't quite as red, lasts slightly longer and is slightly cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

Why didn't I try this earlier? Answer - it looked blah and average in the pan and didn't swipe well on my hand. Oh, how deceiving. Thank god for these reviews because I wouldn't have tried it otherwise. Yes, it's a bit pricy but the amount is substantial and the effect is gorgeous - a healthy, lightly burnished glow that looks natural on my NC30 face. I'm something of a bronzer addict and it's often difficult to find ones that aren't 1) too shimmery (seriously, why are so many shimmery? I thought bronzers were supposed to imitate a tanned effect. Since when does the sun deposit glitter on our cheekbones?) or 2) muddy (which I think is due to a lot of companies going overboard in the brown department to avoid the orange department.) So for people with fair to medium complexions, who'd like a little healthy color without looking like a disco queen, this is a fantastic product.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

Bobbi Brown's Medium Bronzer is for those who want a sunkissed look but can't handle the shimmer in other bronzers. I was using Cargo Medium bronzer and MAC Shooting Star MSF but the shimmer never looked natural. I mean, you go out into sunlight and your face sparkles but the rest of you is matte - it just looks kinda bizarre. BB's Medium is just that: medium brown without too much yellow/orange/red but doesn't look muddy, and matte. I sweep the Sephora Bronzer Brush across the powder, then use light strokes to apply the bronzer to my face. The results are a natural looking tan, and gives my face nice definition. I have MAC NC30/Chanel Shell skintone (yellow-neutral/Asian) and the shade is perfect for me. The pigmentation of the bronzer is superb so I don't need to use a lot for it to show up; the review below that states she has to use a ton of product for it to show up is hard for me to believe - and she's probably using the wrong shade of bronzer, frankly. For me, I will keep this as a staple in my makeup bag - and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I love love love this! So many bronzers are really shimmery, which can make you look too shiny. This one does not at all, and you can lightly dust it ALL over your face without looking like a giant sparkle, or looking like you have been in a tanning bed too long. I said lightly though, so don't rub a bunch all over your face because it will look terrible :) Less is more with bronzer in my experience. I have fair skin, and the medium shade works well for me. It's not too dark, but it give me a subtle, healthy glow. The closure on the compact can break sometimes (Bobbi Brown needs to work on her packaging in general) but it's still a great product and I keep buying it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keahi

Well, this is very *natural* I will give it that. To be honest, I was expecting this to be much more pigmented, since BB's products typically are. I feel like I can swipe layer after layer over my face and still see only minimal impact. One lippie off for that. While I don't want to be super light-handed to avoid a mess, I do wish I could see a little more payoff. NARS Laguna, for example, gives me a lovely tan veil after one light application. I feel like I have to really pile this stuff on before I am noticeably "sunkissed."
To it's credit, the shade is fantastic--once I get it to show up it gives me a very authentic color to my fair skin with yellow undertones. I normally turn a little rosy when I get some sun, and this manages to mimic the way my skin would actually look. I love the matte finish too.
This is a very good bronzer but I will probably keep my eyes open for the same shade in a more pigmented form. If you're looking for subtle, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Makes me look so healthy!

This is the best bronzer I've ever tried, and I've tried many. I'm fair as you can see...Not the fairest, but an Ivory complexion with warm/neutral undertones and every other bronzer I've ever tried has made me look slightly dirty, kind of orangey, or sometimes...nothing at all.

I had my makeup done in 0208 at the BB counter at Nordies and at the end...She felt I needed a little warmth. She said she was using the medium. I asked her why, and she said that the "Light" could be too yellow, and the "Neutral" was for fair skinned girls with pinker undertones than myself. She wasn't the best BB makeup artist as I've come to find out, but she was right on this one.

I don't even have to be careful with this bronzer...It is so tightly packed. It just gives me the warmth I need sometimes, and I don't have that fake look that all my other bronzers give me.

So all you Ivory skinned girls out there...Please give this a try. I think you'll pleased. I use this bronzer almost every day all over (emphasizing where the sun hits) and I make sure and use a serum and/or primer (I'm no young chick as you can see, and doing this helps me wear powders without any of the dryness) My skin looks really youthful and I finaly have color:)

HTHs:)