April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

Why didn't I try this earlier? Answer - it looked blah and average in the pan and didn't swipe well on my hand. Oh, how deceiving. Thank god for these reviews because I wouldn't have tried it otherwise. Yes, it's a bit pricy but the amount is substantial and the effect is gorgeous - a healthy, lightly burnished glow that looks natural on my NC30 face. I'm something of a bronzer addict and it's often difficult to find ones that aren't 1) too shimmery (seriously, why are so many shimmery? I thought bronzers were supposed to imitate a tanned effect. Since when does the sun deposit glitter on our cheekbones?) or 2) muddy (which I think is due to a lot of companies going overboard in the brown department to avoid the orange department.) So for people with fair to medium complexions, who'd like a little healthy color without looking like a disco queen, this is a fantastic product.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

Bobbi Brown's Medium Bronzer is for those who want a sunkissed look but can't handle the shimmer in other bronzers. I was using Cargo Medium bronzer and MAC Shooting Star MSF but the shimmer never looked natural. I mean, you go out into sunlight and your face sparkles but the rest of you is matte - it just looks kinda bizarre. BB's Medium is just that: medium brown without too much yellow/orange/red but doesn't look muddy, and matte. I sweep the Sephora Bronzer Brush across the powder, then use light strokes to apply the bronzer to my face. The results are a natural looking tan, and gives my face nice definition. I have MAC NC30/Chanel Shell skintone (yellow-neutral/Asian) and the shade is perfect for me. The pigmentation of the bronzer is superb so I don't need to use a lot for it to show up; the review below that states she has to use a ton of product for it to show up is hard for me to believe - and she's probably using the wrong shade of bronzer, frankly. For me, I will keep this as a staple in my makeup bag - and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I love love love this! So many bronzers are really shimmery, which can make you look too shiny. This one does not at all, and you can lightly dust it ALL over your face without looking like a giant sparkle, or looking like you have been in a tanning bed too long. I said lightly though, so don't rub a bunch all over your face because it will look terrible :) Less is more with bronzer in my experience. I have fair skin, and the medium shade works well for me. It's not too dark, but it give me a subtle, healthy glow. The closure on the compact can break sometimes (Bobbi Brown needs to work on her packaging in general) but it's still a great product and I keep buying it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keahi

Well, this is very *natural* I will give it that. To be honest, I was expecting this to be much more pigmented, since BB's products typically are. I feel like I can swipe layer after layer over my face and still see only minimal impact. One lippie off for that. While I don't want to be super light-handed to avoid a mess, I do wish I could see a little more payoff. NARS Laguna, for example, gives me a lovely tan veil after one light application. I feel like I have to really pile this stuff on before I am noticeably "sunkissed."
To it's credit, the shade is fantastic--once I get it to show up it gives me a very authentic color to my fair skin with yellow undertones. I normally turn a little rosy when I get some sun, and this manages to mimic the way my skin would actually look. I love the matte finish too.
This is a very good bronzer but I will probably keep my eyes open for the same shade in a more pigmented form. If you're looking for subtle, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Makes me look so healthy!

This is the best bronzer I've ever tried, and I've tried many. I'm fair as you can see...Not the fairest, but an Ivory complexion with warm/neutral undertones and every other bronzer I've ever tried has made me look slightly dirty, kind of orangey, or sometimes...nothing at all.

I had my makeup done in 0208 at the BB counter at Nordies and at the end...She felt I needed a little warmth. She said she was using the medium. I asked her why, and she said that the "Light" could be too yellow, and the "Neutral" was for fair skinned girls with pinker undertones than myself. She wasn't the best BB makeup artist as I've come to find out, but she was right on this one.

I don't even have to be careful with this bronzer...It is so tightly packed. It just gives me the warmth I need sometimes, and I don't have that fake look that all my other bronzers give me.

So all you Ivory skinned girls out there...Please give this a try. I think you'll pleased. I use this bronzer almost every day all over (emphasizing where the sun hits) and I make sure and use a serum and/or primer (I'm no young chick as you can see, and doing this helps me wear powders without any of the dryness) My skin looks really youthful and I finaly have color:)

HTHs:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

So my Aunt and I recently went to a beauty event in Nordstrom and the MA applied this on both of us. It was absolutely stunning and was immediately in my shopping bag. We both have light olive complexions and this color was perfect for our skin tone. Today I wore this alone with a little bronze eyeliner and it looked gorgeous. It will definitely be a staple once the summer comes around. Another great feature about this bronzer is that it's shimmer free. No gold flecks or glitter, which looks totally unnatural. This is by far the best bronzer I've ever used. Hoola was my favorite, but would always leave my face shiny by the end of the day. This is perfection and will continue to rebuy it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by jakeandbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect rose brown for my skin. Looks like I spent the day in the garden! No shimmer, no orange at all in this shade! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First a BA recommended me Natural shade. It was too pink for my yellow undertone. I switched to medium. I am glad I did that. This Medium Bronzing Powder gives just right glow to my face. It is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictedArtist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the very best bronzing powders out there. I love it and use it daily...total HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 5:48:00 AM More reviews by jax4024

I purchased this because i had my makeup done at a bobbi brown counter and i loved it when it was applied. I kept using this bronzer on top of my foundation and I would apply some blush on top, and i didn't find it too amazing.. However, when i used my foundation and only applied the bronzer i loved it!! It has a natural glow, looks like i've been kissed by the sun. I like using just the bronzer now without the blush! Gives it a nice summer look!