April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by saibu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got a decant in a swap
i don't know much about perfumes
i didn't like this at all
smelt soapy at first..then spicy
i can imagine how some would like this though

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorites from Chanel. Crisp, green, refreshing and heady at the same time. I get energized when i wear it. It's not an everyday fragrance, but I especially like it when I'm dressed in a simple white shirt and jeans.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Naked_Maja

Another one I wanted to like, but can't. I had a bottle years ago and ended up throwing it out. Recently I was given another bottle. The scent still reminds me of an ash tray.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by laurenmillie

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this scent since I was 16 it was my first scent that I wore. I remember seeing the ad in vogue and I said this is the one! I love it! I still wear it to this day! I just love it I smell it and it just reminds me of ME!! I have worn a few scents since then but I always come back to this one...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cerebral, refined, feminine, yes but a bit remote. This is precisely what I adore about this fragrance (the EDP), but it is not for every mood or occasion. It sends a message and the message is, 'I know you want to approach me because you find me interesting, but don't bother me right now because I'm thinking of something else.' I don't really feel that this is the best choice for a romantic occasion but it's perfect for going to an art gallery, concert, elegant lunch with your chic-est friend, esp. in the springtime.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

As far as being an unfriendly, unapproachable fragrance - hmmmm, for me, Cristalle is just the opposite. Cool, yes; but still a sunny fragrance that makes me feel good. Would I wear it on a date? You bet, since Cristalle could be just right in a variety of settings. And on a first date, it should not make a "don't-like-strong-perfume" man recoil. In fact, I have had both men and women standing close to me, very close to me, tell me "you smell good". Most of all, I wear Cristalle for ME! It is one of my favorites and I will always have a bottle on hand. I must add that I also adore No. 19 and wear it frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Mazenderan

Chanel Cristalle is a gorgeous, crisp scent in a class of its own. It smells quite green to me, but with a citrus edge. Had I the money, I would reek of it every day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fragrance does not work with my body chemistry. It's absolutely revolting on me for the first 2 hours. After a couple of hours it turns into an okay citrus but I've smelled other citrus fragrances that are so much better. This review is for the EDP.
Edit April 29, 2009: Tried the EDT and is nicer than the EDP. EDT is a lemony citrus chypre. Still, I find the fragrance to be quite sour on my skin. No sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice scent and actually the only Chanel scent I like at all. I hate No. 5 and most of the others, but this one is different. For me it smells like fresh snow and it is definitely a winter scent. It is quite elegant and subtle - nice for an evening out. I don't wear it every day but I like it a lot for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I wore this day in day out between the ages of 25 and 30, it was my scent and I loved it until my sister decided that she liked it too and as she had more money and no dependents she was able to literally bathe in it (bitter moi?).
In the haze of nappies and school runs I had no time for a hairbrush let alone perfume and when I considered perfumes again (ie recently!) Cristalle just wasn't on my radar.
In a blast of nostaglia I went for a spritz and for the first 30 secs I was in heaven, it was just as cool crisp and clear as I remembered (but with that extra special something which makes it Chanel, for yes I am a perfume snob) and then something horrible happened and I got immac....yes that creamy stuff you put on your legs when you don't want them to be hairy until you realise that shaving is cheaper and a lot less smelly and messy.
However that was the EDP.
The EDT for me is the original of some 20 years ago, it does not change or dry down on me it remains fresh and true to itself from the first spritz to the end of the day shower.
For me it smells like rain on flowers.........my DH hates it, but then I have been shoving my wrist under his nose for the past 2 weeks, saying "what about this one". Conclusion - buy scent for yourself and yourself only.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No