November 24, 2014 | 964 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by wwdancegirl1

i bought the eye shadow trio for Green Eyes and i think maybe i'm starting to like this. i've experimented with it several times, and it IS growing on me as i sit here looking at it, but i can't get over the initial peacock-like results of mixing green and purple eyeshadows. the shadows are pretty and sparkly but you really have to blend in that darker green shadow and play up the purple to not look clownish. i don't have the matching mascara or liner, but Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Aubergine looks pretty. not sure if it makes my eyes greener or not, so i don't know if i would buy this again. we'll see how mom reacts when she walks in the door ;) 21 year old PPP with brown hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Laura514

I got the trio for brown eyes. Overall it is ok, it sure makes my eyes look pretty but it doesn't really make them stand out very much. The colors do look good with my eyes though. Also I love the packaging except for the dinky little applicator. And the only time I would buy this again is if it was on sale..not really worth the $5.50 I spent on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Karlee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the trio for Hazel. While the overall premise is good (I have long-known that pink shadow looks good on my hazel eyes), the shadows are too frosty for my taste. The pink, in particular, is a very bright frosty pink, which is hard to pull off. Too much bright frosty pink around the eye can make anyone look tired. I would probably like this better if the colors were more muted and "matte". I would rate this a 2 1/2, but since that isn't an option, it gets a 2. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2005 9:36:00 AM More reviews by missred4190

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the trio for green eyes after reading the reviews. I have blue/green eyes and wanted the green to "pop." The packaging isn't perfect but ok. The colors look like an unusual collection but looked great on. I was pleasantly suprised. I wish that the colors were more intense, however.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2005 12:25:00 AM More reviews by audreystats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. I was expecting something vivid, I got something bland & badly mixed. The colors simply don't go well together.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2005 10:53:00 AM More reviews by dimples109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the one for brown eyes.... it's alright..... I don't know if I would buy it again. Maybe I was expecting too much. The colours look great together, but I did not find my eyes "popping" with colour....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by megrocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging. Unlike all of my smashbox eyeshadows I don't loose the lid on these. The applicator wasn't very good though. My eyes are technically brown but they have a bit of green so I tried the hazel to bring out more of the green and I have been pleased with the results. The shadows have a nice texture and the colors are very nice. I wish they would last a bit longer though, mine fades off after about 4 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2005 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Krista34

I thought this was a cool product since I really dont have any idea what colours to wear on my eyes. I bought the eye shadows, liner and mascara for blue eyes. While I usually am afraid to wear such a dark brown coppery shade I think my blue eyes did 'pop' in colour after applying this. My ownly wish is that the 'brown' part of the eye shadow came in a matte shade and the light blue is a bit too bright if you dont use a light hand. Like most things you have to play with it a bit to get it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2005 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kellyfoota

My mother came to visit and I kept complimenting her on her make-up. She finally admitted that she had bought this Almay product for blue eyes. (and this woman usually spends a small fortune for her make-up from Lancome and other department store brands) I have brown eyes and decided to try it. While, I am not convinced it makes my eyes look browner (which is not ever really been a goal of mine anyway), I do believe it makes my eyes look prettier. I bought the whole trio (shadows, mascara, and liner), but have found that the eye shadow is what I like the best. It is definitely worth a try, in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2005 11:11:00 PM More reviews by BlueSpark

i think im the minority here... i personally LOVE these. i see nothing wrong with the packaging... and the colors are quite lovely really. i have blue eyes. when i read the back instructions and tryed them, i hated the results. but then i did my own thing: apply the brown shade all over the lid, then the darker blue along the lashline(thicker on the outside line) and then the light blue in the inner corners on my eyes. ofcourse i use regular black eyeliner and the black mascara. im not sure in my eyes look more blue, but they definely look bigger and much prettier. i cant wait to try the mascara.