October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what made me buy this but it wasn't worth it. It smells weird, made me itchy & the lightest color was pretty dark. It oxidized so much people were asking me if I used bronzer as a foundation for the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I found out about this product from watching a youtube video. I also use high end loose powders such as shu uemura which I absolutely love but is really expensive over $40 for a tub. So I thought, why not give this a try?

Use: I would say this stuff works just OK, to catch fall out and to brighten up underneath your eyes. I did not use this all over my face, I used a pressed powder for the rest of my face. Seemed easy enough to blend out.

Cons: The packaging. The worse quality about this product is it's packaging, it is cheap and easy to lose product every time you open and close it. The smell is like baby powder (this may be a pro to you if you like that)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by bethy999

I LOVE this powder. I've tried more expensive brands (MAC, Laura Mercier, and NARS) but they all either didn't match and then I completely wasted money, or they were too cakey. This powder is so lightweight and keeps my T-zone from getting oily. I use my large round brush and sweep it on top of my foundation and it keeps it set. Very inexpensive, large amount of powder and lightweight. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

my skin coloring varies between fair and medium based on if i'm tan or not, lightest being NC/NW 15 and darkest around NW 25. i use the light shade when i'm lighter and the medium shade at my darkest. i love this powder, i think it easily rivals more expensive setting powders such as Laura Mercier or MAC (i have tried both), and this is just as good, if not better due to the lower cost. i use this after foundation and concealer, i pat this product on with a velour type puff and gently roll/buff the powder in to set my makeup. i feel this controls shine and oiliness very well, with little need to reapply or blot. will always have in my stash, with multiples at work and in my car.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I love this to set my foundation! It covers pores and blemishes beautifully.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Kris20

Tried this out to set my foundation and it made me look super greasy will never get again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Staceyy72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Price- I got it at Rite Aid for about $6-7 i think, sorry I cant remember. But I know it's not over $10, so it's not a super expensive powder compared to other drugstore powders. It's avaliable at any drugstores.

Coverage- I'm very oily in my t-zone especially throughout the day,so I bought this to go over my foundation and conceal my oily-ness. I'd say after about 3 hours you'd need to reapply but I dont mind because I always bring this in my makeup bag to lunch. If you want a powder for oily skin that lasts all day, this is not it. If not, this does an okay job of setting foundation. It says it's supposed to be a translucent powder but it's not. I definatly has color to it (i have the color Medium) which is fine for me becuase it's my color and you cant see it over foundation. It's not heavy at all, you cant even feel it when it's on your face.

How long does it last?- I've had this for about 4 months now because it lasts SO LONG. I mean really, you dont need to throw on a ton onto your face. Even if you have super duper oily skin, you dont need that much with this powder.

Smell/ Break out?- This has a STRONG scent to it but you cant smell it once it's on your face. It's almost like perfumy kind of scent? Even for my sensitive skin though, it doesnt irratate my face. This powder did not break me out, which I was very pleased about! I have acne-prone/ combo- oily skin and it did NOT break me out which is great.

Consistancy- UGH. This powder definatly has shimmery finish to it, and I noticed it when I first got it, but it wasnt that big of deal for me since my foundation did a nice job of concealing it. BUT THEN, I got a new foundation and OMG. I looked like edward cullen! god it was like i had shoved my face in a bucket of glitter! >:( And since my nose is where i get the most oilest, it had looked like i had beads of sweat all over my nose and you could see the oil breaking through the powder on my t-zone in less than 3 hours.

Packaging- It comes in a plastic container, with just a pull off/on cap. It has a white fluffy applicator inside which is nice at first but since I carry it in my bag the powder spills all over the white puffy applicator. But I never used it anyway, what I do is use an all over face powder brush (the ELF one) to apply it. I first squish the applicator together and the product falls into the cap and then i swirl my brush in the cap with the product inside and apply onto my face.

Overall review- Would I buy this again? NO. Why? My main con about this is the GLITTERY finish to it, I hate it so much.C'mon CG, seriously? you want use to look like fairys? The scent is WAY TOO strong for a powder. And the packaging sucks! Would I recommand it? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love powder and all I had ever tried before this was pressed powder so I got this. I like Covergirl powders alot for covering oil, not for actual coverage. This is very good it lasts a long time and blends well. I really really like it for oil control and I recommend it and will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Poppers123

I lovelovelovelove this product!! It's cheap, effective, and I really like the way it smells (clean!).

I have very oily skin, so I apply this on top of my foundation to set it and make sure that no oil pops up. It does have a little bit of a shimmer to it, which I like, but can get annoying.

I took off a lippie because of the packaging which is absolutely horrible. First of all, the product gets all messy inside the container once you take the puff that it comes with out. Then, the container's lid is constantly falling off, you cannot throw it in your makeup bag, even for travel, without a rubber band around it to make sure nothing falls out. Finally, the lid is ALWAY cracking. I have not gone through a package yet where my lid has not cracked.

Overall though, and excellent drugstore brand product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have so many powders accumulated that I'm unhappy with and I just keep buying more and I get so frustrated I sometimes skip powder all together! BUT I really do love this. When I was a teenager I (and every other teen I knew) used all CG products. I used the oil control foundation & pressed powder. When I tried this loose powder I loved the look & feel but I broke out from it as I did all the CG that had this Noxzema scent, so of course I was hesitant to try this again, but it's been a LONG time since I was a teenager and this no longer breaks me out at all. I like this even better than the MAC loose powder. It doesn't leave me oily or dry and you can't see it on your face at all unless you pile it on. For me the perfect loose powder has been the hardest thing to find because I absolutely hate looking like I'm wearing face make-up and every other powder I've tried gives me away at least a tad. This just regulated my oil and sets my make-up, but you can't see it on my face at all. Exactly what I wanted. But yes, the packaging is kind of a messy pain in the ass.