TiGi Bed Head Self Absorbed Conditioner

3.0

on 11/19/2007 5:16:00 PM

I used this combo for a few months a couple of years ago, and did like it, for the most part. I just found that I need a little more daily moisture for my fine, thin naturally curly hair (that I often straighten). This would be an excellent shampoo and conditioner for someone with 'normal' hair (no dryness or frizz issues). Great, orange-y smell!

on 9/30/2007 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this since I have fine hair that has been dyed. The bottle said it was geared toward this. My hair has been so dry since using it. It is still shiny and it detangles but it feels so processed and straw-like. I am going back to my Paul Mitchell or Matrix.

on 9/28/2007 1:51:00 PM

I actually love this conditioner. I was at Costco with my mom & decided to get this in a huge pump bottle. I had never tried it before, but Im really glad I decided to get it. First of all, for reference I have VERY over processed hair ( I dye it about every month and a half, & always swith from brown to blonde highlights). It is also long (about boob length, lol). And to top it off I straighten and curl it almost every single day....my poor hair, i know. The smell, not so great, but the product itself has done wonders for my hair. I use it about every 3 or 4 washes and it makes my hair very shiney, soft, & manageable. Yesturday my friend asked if I had gotten a trim because my ends looked really healthy:). Believe me thier not, lol. Lovin' this stuff!

I love this stuff. It smells like oranges first of all. It makes my hair so shiny and soft and really helps with split ends. the only thing I don't like is it is sort of watery so I need a lot which sucks because it is a small container.

on 8/10/2007 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I was super-excited about trying this b/c a stylist that I had gone to had loved it...well needless to say, I hate it. It doesn't moisturize at all. I've been using it for a week and every day my hair is very tangly and I can't even comb through it without adding a leave in conditioner. Once my hair is dry I can hear it crunch, and that isn't very appealing. Anyway, I'm back to my herbal essence in the pink bottle that moisturizes 100 times better than this does.
The packaging could also be better b/c I kept dropping it in the shower.

on 6/27/2007 3:13:00 PM

I have very fine hair that also gets oily quickly and must be washed daily. It also gets tangled easily, but anything heavy immediately weighs it down. So this conditioner is a godsend for the fine-haired. It's very thin, almost watery, but it detangles and smooths without leaving any noticeable build-up. I usually buy this in the two-pack with the shampoo, but I run out of shampoo more quickly. The conditioner works as well with other shampoos as it does with the Self-Absorbed shampoo. I would not recommend this to anyone with thick, curly or unmanageable hair, but if your hair is fine, straight and needs to be washed a lot, and you pretty much just need a really good detangler, I'd absolutely recommend this.

For some reason, when I first started using this conditioner, I thought it was nothing to write home about.. even a bit disappointing as it is pricey and I wasn't seeing any difference in my hair. I found the half-used bottle today and thought to give it another go after several months went by.. and wow, I love how my hair feels right now! It left my highlighted, dry and fine hair very smooth and soft. I also noticed a shine that I rarely see.I don't know why the results are so different this time .. perhaps it has to do with shampoo I used. I don't remember which one I was using before (I think it was Dumb Blonde) but today I just used Dove (moisturizing). As for the creamsicle smell, I kinda like it.. it's an unusal scent for hair products. I took off one lippie for the high price and also poor packaging. I hate the way TiGi packages their shampoos and condioners b/c the products are often thick and the bottles can't be squeezed. One of my bottles ended breaking.

on 2/18/2007 5:57:00 AM

There's nothing special about this conditioner, plus it smells bad, for my tastes (sort of chemical orange).

on 2/15/2007 11:31:00 AM

I had to write to warn people about this shampoo and conditioner. I have non-color-treated hair, so I was told to give this a try. I felt like the shampoo totally fried my hair (which is healthy, by the way), and the conditioner isn't effective at all. In fact, after I used the conditioner, I had to then use some of my cheap Aussie conditioner, because my hair felt awful. I honestly don't know what hair type this would work for... perhaps if someone had very oilly hair. It was too harsh for me, though, and it's definitely not worth the price. The funny thing is, this person who recommended the TiGi Self Absorbed to me is totally against the less expensive brands I normally use, but let me tell you, this was a waste of my money, and I won't even try this a second time. One positive thing... I liked the orange-pine smell of the product.

on 12/30/2006 3:22:00 PM

This was for long time my favourite conditioner :). No i have tried so many others, and found even better, but i still really have nothing bad to say about this. Even my father noticed the difference in my hair, after i had used this for few weeks :D.
So, not the best, but very good indeed :).