Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 5/14/2011 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product is an assault to the nose. I applied a small dollop of this lotion from a tester bottle on my arms when I was at Target and I immediately regretted it. The smell of this product is rancid. Although I washed the product off when I went home, the scent remained with me for the rest of the night. Regardless of its moisturizing properties, the scent was just too overbearing.

on 5/7/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've had this in my closet(along with Burt's Bees Milk & Shea Butter bodywash) for a VERY long time. Both products work "ok", but not special. The main reason they sat in my closet is the same for both:
The scent.

The Milk & Honey Body Lotion has a VERY strong scent. And the bad part is that it doesn't smell like milk -or- honey. It's like they didn't know WHAT they wanted it to smell like. So it's kind of like a cookie, mint, lemon, and something else kinda chalky and heavy. That might sound good in print, but in person it's a different experience. It's overwhelming, suffocating, and very unpleasant.

The moisturizing quality is "ok." But not worth the price. Or the scent. Would not repurchase.

on 5/6/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

LOVE the smell of this! in fact, thats my favorite thing about it. as the reviewer a couple spots below me said, its not a ridiculously good lotion, but not bad either. IMO it moisturizes just a little better than the average lotion. I would rebuy this just for the smell alone though, really sweet, but not in the way that i'd want to eat it.

on 4/22/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Dude this stuff stinks.

on 4/20/2011 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The moisturizing properties of this moisturizer are mediocre. This would not be a good choice for extremely dry skin or for use in the winter months, however, it could be a decent product for summer as far as moisturizing properties. My biggest issue with the product is the smell. It does not resemble honey or milk in my opinion. Thank goodness the odor dissipates quickly. Also, at $12.99 this is certainly NOT a bargain. There are far better moisturizers on the market and with a better price tag.

on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm guessing I had the one bad bottle? I found this thin and runny, and smelling like cherry cough syrup. My skin neither itch nor burned, but I couldn't stand the smell.

on 4/9/2011 4:10:00 PM

I LOVE this smell. In fact, that's pretty much the only reason I buy this, because I don't think the lotion itself is anything special (not bad, just nothing out of this world.) But something about the unique scent is so comforting to me. Hard to describe, but it's a combination of sweet, sticky honey plus that distinct milky smell that babies have. I use this before bed because I find the scent so comforting. But if you don't like the smell, there's nothing else redeeming about this lotion. I would give it 5 lippies if I thought it moisturized better overall. BTW, I think this smells significantly different on your skin than it does just taking a whiff out of the bottle, so try some on your arms before you judge!

on 4/7/2011 8:55:00 PM

The lotion itself is decent, not too heavy but not too light. My one and major complaint that keeps me away from this lotion is that it is heavily scented, which I had not expected since this is supposed to be a natural product. It smells nothing like milk or honey, but a rather off putting heavy artificial scent that vaguely resembles bad artificial coconut. Don't get me wrong, I love coconut scents, just not this kind. I had to wash the lotion off within 10 minutes of putting it on as the scent was starting to give me a headache. It also clung to the sleeve of my shirt [i had put the lotion on my forearm] where the scent lingered until it was time to do the laundry.

Okay, the smell is strong and maybe not for everyone. But I kinda like it. The fragrance is hard to describe. Definitely sweet. You should check it out before buying.
The lotion itself is a good moisturizer. Leaves my skin very smooth and feeling great!
I will buy this again because I like the smell and my skin feels nice and moisturized.

on 3/10/2011 11:08:00 AM

This stuff brings back memories. It reminds me of Bonnaroo, my best friend and roommate from college, the summer before I started college. This fragrance is just glorious, like fresh milk and honey, the consistency is a little sticky, which I don't mind. I love this lotion. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods. It's just a very pleasant smell, and it will make your arms so soft.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products