Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This lotion is another reminder of why I adore the Burt's Bees line so much. This lotion is really rather moisturizing. It makes my skin very soft, especially when I apply it after using 100 Percent Pure's Organic Coconut body scrub. HEAVENLY. My skin is impossibly soft at the moment, and this lotion is a huge part of that. The scent is something I personally like. Because it's "milk & honey" it smells super creamy, but there is also a very fresh citrusy note in there as well. This component makes me think this may be better for summer use. In cool weather, it's okay as the milk and honey smell gives it a super warm and creamy scent yet I still feel this lotion has summer written all over it. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I feel well moisturized all day and I apply it all over my body after each shower. My skin looks and feels very healthy at the moment. I will get myself another bottle when the weather heats up for sure.

If it wasn't for the scent I would give this product a higher score. I love that it doesn't have all the bad chemicals of other lotions and it is creamy. It's effectiveness in smoothing rough skin is good. My husband and I both had problems with the strong, not great scent and couldn't wait to finish it. I was quite disappointed about that because I really was excited about this product.

Absolutely love it! Wouldn't be without it. It smells unbelieveably amazing, but is not too strong. Soaks into the skin really well, is mostly natural, and even has a relaxing effect. Best lotion ever!

I don't really care much about body lotions, washes, etc. - usually I just get the thing that is cheapest that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This lotion, though, is worth the couple extra bucks. It is really dense - a little goes a long way - and sinks it quickly. It moisturizes well and never irritates my skin. The best aspect of it is easily the smell. It smells so good - not like perfume or chemicals or fake flowers, but just a bit like honey. I wish I could describe it better. I love this lotion, definitely an HG.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

very hydrating. I like that it's natural. the scent is okay, doesn't bother me since its natural fragrance. it does fade but I could see why some people might not like it. this is the new and improved formula. I may repurchase in future but I also like aveeno too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Definitely one of my HG body lotions! Especially now that they have improved the formula (99% natural and doesn’t leave a waxy residue on the skin anymore). Here are my reasons for the 5 lippies ~the smell is divine ~readily available ~all natural ~and super moisturizing. Now it can seem a bit pricy but you can find it on sale at target and other drugstores!

I actually have this in the Shea butter and vitamin e body lotion. Its fragrance free but it smells like plastic ): I'm usually not sensitive to smells so I'm surprised this bothered me so much. The ultimate test tho is if it gets a negative reaction from my bf then its a definite return. He took one smell and made this hilarious face. Back to the store it goes. However it does moisturize well, isn't too greasy, and you get a good amount of 6 oz. For around 7$@ Walmart.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a good moisturizing lotion, almost thick enough to be a cream. It absorbs fairly quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I use this mainly to moisturize my hands and it leaves them so soft! But as others mentioned, it all comes down to the scent. It is quite strong, but I find the scent to be comforting and not perfumey: warm, milky with light creamy citrus, plus a hint of honey. Burt's Bees now sells this lotion in a squeeze tube with a flip cap (in 2.5, 6 and 10 oz?), perfect for tossing in a hand bag or bringing along on a trip. This product does not contain any sulfates, parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals, packaging is made from 50% post-consumer recyclable materials, and is not tested on animals. There are obviously other lotions on the market that do just as a good of a job (or better) at moisturizing for a comparable or cheaper price, but this is a nice alternative if you're looking for a little something "luxurious" at a drugstore price. If fragrance in products irritates you, this is definitely a product you should avoid.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product is an assault to the nose. I applied a small dollop of this lotion from a tester bottle on my arms when I was at Target and I immediately regretted it. The smell of this product is rancid. Although I washed the product off when I went home, the scent remained with me for the rest of the night. Regardless of its moisturizing properties, the scent was just too overbearing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've had this in my closet(along with Burt's Bees Milk & Shea Butter bodywash) for a VERY long time. Both products work "ok", but not special. The main reason they sat in my closet is the same for both:
The scent.

The Milk & Honey Body Lotion has a VERY strong scent. And the bad part is that it doesn't smell like milk -or- honey. It's like they didn't know WHAT they wanted it to smell like. So it's kind of like a cookie, mint, lemon, and something else kinda chalky and heavy. That might sound good in print, but in person it's a different experience. It's overwhelming, suffocating, and very unpleasant.

The moisturizing quality is "ok." But not worth the price. Or the scent. Would not repurchase.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products