Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 11/12/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't really care much about body lotions, washes, etc. - usually I just get the thing that is cheapest that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. This lotion, though, is worth the couple extra bucks. It is really dense - a little goes a long way - and sinks it quickly. It moisturizes well and never irritates my skin. The best aspect of it is easily the smell. It smells so good - not like perfume or chemicals or fake flowers, but just a bit like honey. I wish I could describe it better. I love this lotion, definitely an HG.

on 9/29/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

very hydrating. I like that it's natural. the scent is okay, doesn't bother me since its natural fragrance. it does fade but I could see why some people might not like it. this is the new and improved formula. I may repurchase in future but I also like aveeno too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Definitely one of my HG body lotions! Especially now that they have improved the formula (99% natural and doesn’t leave a waxy residue on the skin anymore). Here are my reasons for the 5 lippies ~the smell is divine ~readily available ~all natural ~and super moisturizing. Now it can seem a bit pricy but you can find it on sale at target and other drugstores!

I actually have this in the Shea butter and vitamin e body lotion. Its fragrance free but it smells like plastic ): I'm usually not sensitive to smells so I'm surprised this bothered me so much. The ultimate test tho is if it gets a negative reaction from my bf then its a definite return. He took one smell and made this hilarious face. Back to the store it goes. However it does moisturize well, isn't too greasy, and you get a good amount of 6 oz. For around 7$@ Walmart.

on 5/15/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a good moisturizing lotion, almost thick enough to be a cream. It absorbs fairly quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I use this mainly to moisturize my hands and it leaves them so soft! But as others mentioned, it all comes down to the scent. It is quite strong, but I find the scent to be comforting and not perfumey: warm, milky with light creamy citrus, plus a hint of honey. Burt's Bees now sells this lotion in a squeeze tube with a flip cap (in 2.5, 6 and 10 oz?), perfect for tossing in a hand bag or bringing along on a trip. This product does not contain any sulfates, parabens, phthalates or petrochemicals, packaging is made from 50% post-consumer recyclable materials, and is not tested on animals. There are obviously other lotions on the market that do just as a good of a job (or better) at moisturizing for a comparable or cheaper price, but this is a nice alternative if you're looking for a little something "luxurious" at a drugstore price. If fragrance in products irritates you, this is definitely a product you should avoid.

on 5/14/2011 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product is an assault to the nose. I applied a small dollop of this lotion from a tester bottle on my arms when I was at Target and I immediately regretted it. The smell of this product is rancid. Although I washed the product off when I went home, the scent remained with me for the rest of the night. Regardless of its moisturizing properties, the scent was just too overbearing.

on 5/7/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've had this in my closet(along with Burt's Bees Milk & Shea Butter bodywash) for a VERY long time. Both products work "ok", but not special. The main reason they sat in my closet is the same for both:
The scent.

The Milk & Honey Body Lotion has a VERY strong scent. And the bad part is that it doesn't smell like milk -or- honey. It's like they didn't know WHAT they wanted it to smell like. So it's kind of like a cookie, mint, lemon, and something else kinda chalky and heavy. That might sound good in print, but in person it's a different experience. It's overwhelming, suffocating, and very unpleasant.

The moisturizing quality is "ok." But not worth the price. Or the scent. Would not repurchase.

on 5/6/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

LOVE the smell of this! in fact, thats my favorite thing about it. as the reviewer a couple spots below me said, its not a ridiculously good lotion, but not bad either. IMO it moisturizes just a little better than the average lotion. I would rebuy this just for the smell alone though, really sweet, but not in the way that i'd want to eat it.

on 4/22/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Dude this stuff stinks.

on 4/20/2011 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The moisturizing properties of this moisturizer are mediocre. This would not be a good choice for extremely dry skin or for use in the winter months, however, it could be a decent product for summer as far as moisturizing properties. My biggest issue with the product is the smell. It does not resemble honey or milk in my opinion. Thank goodness the odor dissipates quickly. Also, at $12.99 this is certainly NOT a bargain. There are far better moisturizers on the market and with a better price tag.