October 24, 2014 | 1813 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Potion 9

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I gave this a 4 only because a week ago I wanted to give this a 0! I could not make it work for me no matter what, n I was dead frustrated considering I paid S$110 at d salon!
I read through all 40pages of reviews n finally made it work so thank ladies! The trick is to use very LIttLe!! Hair stylist told me 2 whole pumps for my chest length hair! Utter rubbish! Made it crunchy n sticky even after blow drying! Now I use a thumbnail size of potion 9, super defined soft nice smelling curls! Alittle too defined but I can live with it! Miracle in a bottle considering you need almost no prduct or it to work! I apply on towel dried hair, add some Redken fresh curls curl refiner, and top it up with Kerastase oleo relax leave in to tame frizziness! Love it now!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smoothed down fly-aways and frizzies. Provided control. I put this on to let my curls air dry and it worked great. A little goes a long way.

CONS: If you don't have dry hair like mine, this might be a bit too "moisturizing." It's sort of in between a leave-in conditioner and a gel, like a controlling cream (closer to a conditioner.) Weighed my fine hair down just a bit. (Have to apply just to ends...and even sparingly there.) Smell is not so great.

ALTERNATES: I now use "Garnier Wonder Wave Wave Perfecting Spray" sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and adore the combo, for very defined but not crunchy curls. Then, while the curls are still quite damp, I scrunch Garnier's Power Putty Mess Maker onto my ends for better separation and even a bit more body.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by xoxo007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A must have. I have wavy hair that tends to get dry from heat syling. This is the ONLY hair product I've tried among, serums, creams, etc. that really gets my hair feeling soft, healthy and especially frizz free without a crunchy feel or alcohol smell which I hate. I'll never stop using this. When I just want to leave my hair alone and not use my blow dryer out of the shower, I use this. Its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Reira

Just did a korean perm and you can imagine how dry my hair was. The chemicals were really damaging. Besides I have naturally coarse hair, and this made things worse.

Gotten myself Potion 9 as a remedy. I was a little shocked at the orange color, but well i got over it quickly. The smell was a little weird too, but i didn't mind for as long as i have those botanical goodness.

Potion 9 has really softened my hair! Super amazing considering how fast it worked on my chemically damaged tresses! You gotta try it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by asgearhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I appreciate Sebastian's Potion 9. Nothing works on my hair like this styling product. It does everything (provides body, shine, reduces frizz) in one product. I use it with straight and curly styling. It smells fabulous and the smell doesn't linger. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is pretty good. It makes hair soft abd have some body but kinda sticky.

but for how much it costs, i doubt i will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by young1516

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a few years ago when I had straight hair. I tried using it as a leave in treatment/conditioner to heat style my hair and did not find that it did much. It had too little hold for my thick asian hair and did not give me the body I was looking for. I recently permed my hair into loose waves and this is the only product I've tried to far that has been able to tame my hair into non-frizzy wavy tresses. I put a loonie-sized (slightly bigger than a quarter for all you non-Canadians) dollop and apply it to damp hair and then diffuse it while scrunching (I have pretty thick long hair just past my bra line). It can get a bit crisp in parts if you don't work it through well, but if you do it right, you will eliminate frizz and have very touchable hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Its a sin, never have tried this, as a educated hairdresser, but today i did.

And yes, they are right, this is heaven sent!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by goodhabits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have bleached hair and I use this product every time I wash my hair (even though you are not supposed to). I love how it holds my hair in a shape without making it feel stiff. If it feels stiff it generally means you've put too much in.

Also, once it is dry, if I brush it out, it is so soft and smooth. I would not say that it repairs split ends, but it definitely helps to hydrate and prevent them. The container also lasts a long time, so you are getting value for money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is now much better than the metal tube it came out of. I would put up with the inconvenience and mess of the old metal tube because of how much I love this stuff. It's a weird orange color and has a interesting (don't love it or hate it smell) which does go away. It gives my really straight hair some texture and waves if needed because it gives flexible hold without being crunchy or gross.

Update: My bf asked me where to buy this since he admitted to stealing some from me and liking it!