Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 12/16/2010 4:09:00 AM

I have tried everything to tame my naturally curly, fine but lots of it and coarse, unprocessed (no heat or colour) hair. I mean everything, Living Proof, all the supermarkets one, Redken, Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase, Ojon, Aveda, Paul Mitchel and this one comes out tops!
My hairdresser used it a few months ago on me and I come home and washed my hair and it felt crispy and coated. However in my quest to try something else I purchased another small bottle. I was condition as usual then in the shower I put a lot on, about 2-3 10p piece sizes (past should length hair) smooth it in well without brushing then wrap in a towel whilst getting dressed and make up. I then let it down and as it dries it is perfectly formed, bouncy waves and curls, no frizz at all and so soft! I feel like I am in an advert!
May update this later to see what it is like by the end of the day!

on 12/6/2010 12:08:00 PM

I really like using this. I put about a nickel to quarter sized dollop in after I towel dry my hair and before blow drying. Defintely helps tame frizzies, and helps make my hair shiney and soft and helps hold my style. I usually straighten my hair afterwards, and it seems to help keep my hair straight. It's not a super amazing product, but I like it better than most of the other stuff I've tried on the market (I've tried lots!). Would buy again!

on 11/17/2010 1:09:00 AM

I have very thick wavy/curly hair that tends to get frizzy if I don't put a lot of product in it. I have tried so many products but finally feel that I have found a product that I can rely on. I use a generous amount on my towel dried hair along with Pantene Pro-V mousse. I sometimes let it air dry or blow dry it partially. It makes my hair very soft and smooth and helps to tame the frizzy parts. I would repurchase this product.

on 11/16/2010 11:02:00 AM

My HG for a leave in conditioner. I like the smell but it goes away... I have long, fine, med. thickness hair which is highlighted and this stops the straw-like feeling after I wash it. I apply a root volumizer and then apply Potion 9, from my ears down and concentrate it on the ends. My stylist has commented on the good condition of my hair despite repeated highlighting. It makes my hair feel and look fuller and seems to discourage split ends which is what I'm looking for in a treatment. I don't notice any hold in my hairstyle but that's not why I use it so its all good

on 11/2/2010 10:48:00 PM

I gave this a 4 only because a week ago I wanted to give this a 0! I could not make it work for me no matter what, n I was dead frustrated considering I paid S$110 at d salon!
I read through all 40pages of reviews n finally made it work so thank ladies! The trick is to use very LIttLe!! Hair stylist told me 2 whole pumps for my chest length hair! Utter rubbish! Made it crunchy n sticky even after blow drying! Now I use a thumbnail size of potion 9, super defined soft nice smelling curls! Alittle too defined but I can live with it! Miracle in a bottle considering you need almost no prduct or it to work! I apply on towel dried hair, add some Redken fresh curls curl refiner, and top it up with Kerastase oleo relax leave in to tame frizziness! Love it now!!

PROS: Smoothed down fly-aways and frizzies. Provided control. I put this on to let my curls air dry and it worked great. A little goes a long way.

CONS: If you don't have dry hair like mine, this might be a bit too "moisturizing." It's sort of in between a leave-in conditioner and a gel, like a controlling cream (closer to a conditioner.) Weighed my fine hair down just a bit. (Have to apply just to ends...and even sparingly there.) Smell is not so great.

ALTERNATES: I now use "Garnier Wonder Wave Wave Perfecting Spray" sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and adore the combo, for very defined but not crunchy curls. Then, while the curls are still quite damp, I scrunch Garnier's Power Putty Mess Maker onto my ends for better separation and even a bit more body.

on 10/6/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A must have. I have wavy hair that tends to get dry from heat syling. This is the ONLY hair product I've tried among, serums, creams, etc. that really gets my hair feeling soft, healthy and especially frizz free without a crunchy feel or alcohol smell which I hate. I'll never stop using this. When I just want to leave my hair alone and not use my blow dryer out of the shower, I use this. Its great.

on 9/18/2010 1:20:00 PM

Just did a korean perm and you can imagine how dry my hair was. The chemicals were really damaging. Besides I have naturally coarse hair, and this made things worse.

Gotten myself Potion 9 as a remedy. I was a little shocked at the orange color, but well i got over it quickly. The smell was a little weird too, but i didn't mind for as long as i have those botanical goodness.

Potion 9 has really softened my hair! Super amazing considering how fast it worked on my chemically damaged tresses! You gotta try it

on 8/1/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I appreciate Sebastian's Potion 9. Nothing works on my hair like this styling product. It does everything (provides body, shine, reduces frizz) in one product. I use it with straight and curly styling. It smells fabulous and the smell doesn't linger. Love it.

on 7/28/2010 1:04:00 AM

this is pretty good. It makes hair soft abd have some body but kinda sticky.

but for how much it costs, i doubt i will buy again.

Popular Styling Products