December 19, 2014 | 827 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Clairelou84

This cream is very hard to rub in, it sort of seperates into little lumps and the smell is very overpowering, almost like an antiseptic cream!
However when I've used it before bed my hands feel so soft and supple in the morning. Don't think I'll be re-purchasing though as their Beeswax and Banana cream works just as well and has a much more pleasant smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The tube i have of this is very tiny, it was a RIS so im not sure what the whole thing (if there is a bigger size) looks like. However, little goes a long way and its very moisturizing. The only thing i dislike is the 'after-smell'. The initial smell is ok, but after this has been on hands for a while it starts not to smell so good... same with the almond milk creme from the same brand... but it still deserves 2 lippies because it does what it is supposed to, it keeps my hands nice and moisturized. Due to my job I have to wash my hands ALOT during the day with strong antibac soap, and this is really useful at the end of the day when I come home. Oh and i like the natural ingredients in this too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by JakiBarbi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! Ok, this stuff is amazing. I have SUPER dry skin and I noticed my hands were starting to get some wrinkles and the skin was starting to look very thin. Within a a few days of using this twice a day, I can see a HUGE difference already. The wrinkles are less noticable (some are definitely gone) and the skin looks plumper, younger. The smell is really medicinal though, but it goes away relatively soon.

I have diabetes and eczema so I have to take care of my skin and this product is the best out of everything I've used and I've used a LOT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jzpeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I'm amazed at the reactions to this lotion's smell! I live in Minnesota, and this is my #1 best winter hand lotion. It's a little bit thick and balm-y, but I actually like that it give my poor hands a little bit of a "coated" feeling.

And the smell? I love the smell. It smells like roses with an undertone of mothballs, but in a really good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by amackat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When you approach 50 y/o (like me!) finding the HG hand cream is important. No matter how much you work on your face with products to combact aging, dried and wrinkly hands will give it all away!! That's why this cream is fabulous...and yes, the smell is strong and medicinal; but, if you use it at night--it says HAND REPAIR Cream for a reason--trust me, your hands will love you. I haven't found another cream that erases years from my hands like this one does. And, I saw a difference after the first night.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by thejennator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift from a friend. I have extremely dry, chapped hands that often crack and bleed. Gross, but I don't really do anything about it because I'm too lazy and I haven't found a great hand cream. This, however, is definitely not the great hand cream I've been searching for.

First of all, the SMELL is ATROCIOUS. I am never really that sensitive to smells, but this is disgusting. It smells like rancid Chinese medicine. The smell and price tag alone would keep me from buying it. And after using it, the smell does NOT fade, and I am left with smelly hands the whole day. Washing my hands just defeats the purpose of moisturizing them, and even then the smell doesn't go away.

On the other hand, it is very moisturizing and I like the feeling I get after I use it. Doesn't leave a greasy residue or anything.

Overall, I would buy this if they changed the scent and maybe lowered the price. Add some perfume, Burt's Bees chemists!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ShellyB

This hand cream is awesome! I got this in a gift set and have used it only twice (at night with cotton gloves) and already had an incredible turnaround in the condition of my severly chapped hands. The smell is a strong lavendar smell...I don't mind it too much but it may be overwhelming to some. I use it at night before bed and the lavendar actually helps me go to sleep (bonus!) I will probably buy a big tube when I run out of my travel size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cream alot. I had really dry peeling skin on my fingers when winter came last year. I use this and the peeling skin healed after a few applications. It doesnt give me a greasy feeling afterward, not that i would mind but i know others would. The smell isnt strong for me like others have describe. I like this but it's a bit pricy for a simple hand cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

This is an interesting hand cream. I'm not usually sensitive to scents, but this one is really overpowering and not that pleasant. When I first put it on it feels very greasy and it feels like it isn't doing much for my hands. But with time the scent fades and my hands become very soft. I'm not sure if I would repurchase it though because of the scent and initial feel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This I love. One use overnight and my hands were smoother and less red and using this along with the Almond Milk during the day has made my cuticles disappear. Yaaay. And I don't mind the smell at all! Is my smeller broken? This is my HG for hard working hands.