April 24, 2014 | 1553 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by prettyelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mess this makes in the bath is SO worth it to me (and it DOES make a mess!). I use this when I feel exhausted, have a headache, want to give my mind clarity, or if I want to feel like a mermaid. :P It turned my bath an absolutely gorgeous azure blue colour, and although I have a fear of spiders getting into my bath (those bits of seaweed do kind of resemble spiders legs!) the seaweed was fine with me! It really does help clear your mind as the fragrance is so refreshing and clean. Using this product is a real treat. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by shaecode

i got this in the gift set "bath time favorites" which is a tin with 9 bath bombs. i hadn't tried this one yet, and i'm saving my favorites for last, so i decided to try it tonight. the seaweed freaked me out. the the bath bomb looked SO gross as it dissolved...like little worms! it was so gross i avoided looking at it. the bath water was turned a gorgeous blue, but then at the bottom of the tub there was a mess of seaweed. like laying in the ocean. anytime i shifted to grab some soap or anything it all ruffled up and stuck to my legs and stuff which grossed me out ahahah. i wasn't expecting there to be so much!!

the smell was nothing special. VERY purfumey and strong. i couldn't even really determine a certain smell from it's.. just...strong. now that i'm out of the bath though.. my skin feels pretty soft and smells good. maybe i'll buy it again...but use a strainer to get rid of the seaweed. but that seems like too much hassle for a mediocre bath bomb. sooo maybe i won't. hmm..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my DH got me a 3 pack of bath bombs a little while ago, and I decided to use Big Blue tonight as a treat since I wasnt feeling well. Dropped it in my tub and I do love how it turned my water a cool Mediterranean blue, but as I went to step in, the 'seaweed' really threw me for a loop. I thought 'oh my god worms got into my bathbomb!!' I had DH scoop all the 'worms' out while i looked up what was going on with it online. It bugged me out so bad that I just drained the tub, I couldnt relax in it even though it was apparently just seaweed. It smelled delicious, but god, I was NOT expecting that! I wont be buying this one again thats for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Not bad, but not all that either. Scent leaves me indifferent.

The seaweed really bothers me. I like some of the bath ballistics with bits, dry flowers in and such, but not the seaweed. It's just not fun or pleasant, and way too much of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bath bomb! I have always loved things that turned my bath water blue. It feels like I have a tropical oasis in my bathroom. It smells really nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this bath bomb....after using my skin feels so soft...the sea salts and seaweed leavemy skin feeling better than after I leave a spa! Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by pocky

There is nothing wrong with Big Blue but it's not my favorite so I will not be repurchasing. I couldn't tell from a comparison of the ingredients if Big Blue has any more or less salt than Sakura but I love the soft floral fragrance of Sakura and I don't have to "hose' it so I'll stick to Sakura. As other reviewers have mentioned, you need to put Big Blue into some kind of mesh material (I cut up an old, clean stocking) if you don't want bits of brown seaweed all over your bath. It sounds nice but it's actually a bit gross because the seaweed is hard and will not soften during the time you're in the bath, not to mention the mess it will make in your drains. The fragrance is kind of herby but I don't detect any lavendar. It's not unpleasant, just not something I care for. Aside from turning the bath water blue and the unique fragrance, I think Lush has better bath bomb offering if you're not into blue and herby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

This is without doubt in my top five products!! it's not something i normally go for, but when i had my nipples pierced the girl mentioned putting salt in the bath to aid the healing. so naturally i popped into lush, knowing they would have just that.
As soonas i used this in the bath my whole body felt super relaxed, and the groovy pieces of seaweed are fantastic!
the water turned a beautiful blue colour and the piercings healed like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

smells like ocean, the scent is refreshing. only used it once but felt good. although not my fav, will repurchase anyways!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Big Blue, it took me so long to actually try you, but I fell in love the moment you hit my tub. This bomb turns the water a beautiful blue colour, fills it with little bits of seaweed (which I thought was neat), and has a "mature" sort of essential oil scent that reminds me of a day spa. The scent lingered in my bathroom and hallway for at least 2 days afterward. Definitely a luxury item, but I will indulge again one day. I will take a lippy off for being too damn expensive for me to use every week!