LUSH Big Blue Bath Bomb

3.9

Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Perfume, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Lemon (Citrus limonum), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5

on 7/12/2010 3:56:00 PM

So relaxing!! You close your eyes and feel like you're in the middle of the ocean. One of my favorite bath bombs! Makes the bath a pretty blue color and does not stain my white bathtub. Recommend to those who like fresh smells

on 5/14/2010 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my FAVORITE bath bombs!! It smells much stronger dry... i don't think the scent is overwhelming while you're in the bath, it smells nice and refreshing. It's very moisturizing and the water turns a beautiful shade of blue and the seaweed is really fun as well. Definitely repurchasing!

on 4/26/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite bath products from LUSH. The color it turns your water is beautiful and I only use half at a time. The salt and seaweed really take me away. My skin is so soft after getting out of a Big Blue bath. If I had to recommend a bomb to a newcomer, it'd be this one.

Big Blue + Sunnyside bubble bar = Mermaid Water
My best friend and I reserve Mermaid Water baths as cures for the worst days. They have never let us down. Take this bath NOWWW.

on 4/8/2010 8:25:00 PM

This is one of my faves. It smells AMAZING my favorite smell next to pop in the bath bubble bar (which I am probably doing a review on next) and it didn't make a huge mess in my tub at all. The seaweedy thingies all washed down the drain. As I said before, most beautiful smell and it's so relaxing. I stayed in there for such a long time and the smell lingered on my skin. My mom came into the bathroom to get a towel and she said "wow it smells amazing in here! What did you use because I want to buy it!" I'm so happy with this and would repurchase 100 times!

on 3/20/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The scent is fresh, and oceanic. Kinda like being in an ocean without the stinging of salt in your eyes.

I like the scent and all, the seaweed is fun. The water turns a beautiful cerulean blue, but this is a flop for me.

It's very plain, and I don't feel like this is as moisturizing as some of the others. I think I like the ones with oils more.

Although good in its simplicity, the price is rather hefty, and I'll be purchasing others instead. :)

on 3/5/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm so not a fan of this. To me this smells heavily perfumed.....well it is heavily perfumed because it's one of the first ingredients on the list. Tbh that really puts me off...first of all perfume should not be in direct contact with lady bits as its not great for femine health and second it's not that great for skin. It irritates my nasal passages because it's that strong and I can't even tell what it's meant to smell like. I only used half of the bomb and it was that potent!! The scent lingered on my skin, thankfully not as strong as it was in the bath. The seaweed was mildly annoying but it wouldn't bother me if I liked the bomb. It didn't do anything negative to my skin like dry it out but it did nothing positive either; it was pointless! I got this free in the christmas sale.....I won't be using the other half nor repurchasing. Sorry Lush but this was hugely dissappointing.

on 2/27/2010 8:39:00 PM

this product has a very nice scent but it is NOT worth the mess it leaves behind. Your bathtub ends up being full of seaweed and you can't use this in a jacuzzi or your jets will clog.

on 2/13/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great bath bomb. I was at LUSH with my bf and we've trid other bath bombs (more girly) so I let him pick one that he wanted to try. He really likes the ocean so he picked the Big Blue. At first, I wasn't really excited to use it, the smell wasn't my type, but after I used it, I loved it.
It does make you water all blue/green like the ocean and the seaweed from it settles at the bottom and it looks like ocean seaweed. The seaweed might be tricky to clean, I wouldn't suggest it in a whirpool bath.

The scent is not very distinct (not fruity or floral, but very clean/nature-ish smell) - I smelled sea salts and maybe lime, but I did like it and it does linger for awhile. I smelled it on my skin a little bit after I got out but after 2 hrs or so maybe sooner it was gone.
It softened my skin, but did not give me a beachy glow (like LUSH says it will) or maybe it just wasn't noticeable enough.

Overall it was very soothing and moisturizing b/c of the salts. I really like using it and I would definetly buy it again.

Great smell. I found this one is really easy to break into pieces. Other than the mess it leaves behind in the bath tub its a great buy!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The mess this makes in the bath is SO worth it to me (and it DOES make a mess!). I use this when I feel exhausted, have a headache, want to give my mind clarity, or if I want to feel like a mermaid. :P It turned my bath an absolutely gorgeous azure blue colour, and although I have a fear of spiders getting into my bath (those bits of seaweed do kind of resemble spiders legs!) the seaweed was fine with me! It really does help clear your mind as the fragrance is so refreshing and clean. Using this product is a real treat. Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Bath Treatments