Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've used this before in the past and liked it well enough. But, now that I'm a little more...knowledged? in makeup, I'm kind of 'eh' but also kinda 'woo!'

I HATE the packaging. Yes, it's slim and minimalistic but I can't count the number of times in the past that I've broken the clear lid. Even just being in my makeup bag.

However, I LOVE that the colour matches me quite well. I just picked up Translucent 001 and it's a great, medium coverage, yellow based powder. However, it does look cakey if too much is applied. The colour selection for anyone who has a deep skin tone or something hard to match...well, you're better off looking else where I think. There are only 3 shades at my local rite aid, I think. Not sure if they carry more!

The price is great for the product if you know how to use it well. It's great for blotting, too, if you use an oil blotting paper first and apply powder second. It's also good for setting liquid foundation if you're so inclined.

I'll probably pick it up in the future as long as it stays the same.

on 12/27/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I've seen so many people raving about it on youtube. For me this is a really average powder. I think maybe because I was using MAC's Blot Powder before this and it was much better at making my skin truly matte and also it made my pores appear smaller. I was looking for a less expensive version of a matteifying powder and so I tried this. I don't care for the packaging because the lid can just essentially fall off and also I bought it in "translucent" but it still deposits color, which I would prefer it didn't. I'll be continuing my search after this is done and I will not repurchase but it will have to do for now.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

read reviews. Went for it. Coupon and sale. $2.00. First shade way too light. Sandstorm. Returned. Bought darkest could find 18 Creamy Beige. I am a NC30 in Mac. Italian/olive. Could use a shade darker but works very well. Blends easy, lasts 6 hours or so. Reapplying freshens up face mid-day. Prise is a steal. Have you tired and like Mac which may only be slightly better in my opinion and a heck of a lot more money! Will buy again. In the summer though it might be too late and I believe this is the darkest shade it comes in.

on 12/18/2014 1:39:00 PM

This is one of the best shine control powders out there. Bar none. It does a solid job of keeping shine at bay for a good four hours on my oily skin (trust me, this is a miracle considering how oily my face gets). Unlike other shine control powders, this applies even, smooth and rather light. It does not cake or appear patchy as the day wears on. My only gripe is the packaging. It is bare bones simple with only a sponge and a plastic lid. There is no mirror which makes touch ups tricky at times. Also, the lid is kinda brittle and cumbersome to wield. Mine did not shatter but it did crack. Thankfully, the powder did not break. This powder is a Godsend. I cannot afford to run out of it. Seriously.

on 12/17/2014 9:23:00 AM

I heard so many people talking about this on YouTube so I tried it. First off, the packaging sucks. I can't keep it in my bag without the cover falling off and it smashed completely on the airplane. It only keeps me matte for about 3 hours. Do not recommend.

on 12/9/2014 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I do like this product, but it doesn't keep me matte for long. I apply this powder with a very dense brush or sponge to get maximum lasting power, but I trust my foundation to keep me (somewhat) matte. If you are oily, I highly recommend using quite a chalky powder (but there are cons). The chalkiness of the powder will keep you matte for longer, but the chalkiness can make your face look like it has makeup and power on it.
Otherwise, this is a good powder and I probably will repurchase it just because it is my go-to powder.

on 12/3/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use this powder in shade 001 Transparent to set my foundation.
Helps to reduce any shiny patches on my face, handy to dab some on through the day/night. Very long wearing, fantastic price and keeps my foundation looking great all day long! :-)

on 12/3/2014 1:45:00 PM

i bought the transparent 001 shade after hearing mainly good reviews about it, i really do agree with them!
at 3.99 it is an absolute bargain, at is probably one of the cheapest powders on the market- its definitely worth the price
the smell is a bit funny, but is mild and i sort of like it, i think it might be the natural ingredients in it, it smells quite clean and fresh
also, it doesn't show up white or chalky on the skin and lasts a veryyy long time, i just apply it with a medium sized powder brush and i'm good to go!
my only issues with it are the fact that it doesn't last the full 5 hours that its supposed to id say an average of 3 hours if you have oily skin- i only use this product in summer when my skin tests to get a bit shiny and oilier. my other issue with it is the product is its packaging, if youre sort of careless-like me-then the plastic lid, although it is quite a good quality, hard plastic, it can crack when thrown into a bag or makeup bag.
overall, this product is very good and well worth the investment especially for the price and quality of it, and works well

on 12/1/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am surprised at how effective this product is! I am around NC42-NC45, and I use this in translucent. It is so effective at keeping the shine away for at least about 4 hours before I need to blot. It doesn't work on my shiny nose though (then again, nothing does). It doesn't leave a white cast either and doesn't over mattify. I'm really happy with this product.

on 11/29/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder, I've bought it more times than I can even count and will continue to do so until I find an alternative that I prefer, however I doubt that's likely. At 3.99 (Boots retail price) this is an absolute steal, I would be happy to pay 6 or so for this if I had to. This is such an essential for any makeup lover, no matter what your age or experience is!
I use the shade 001 Transparent because I'm rather pale and my foundation (L'Oreal True Match C1) is a perfect match anyway so I don't really want to alter my foundation colour, and I just like to use powder to set and mattify my face. The formula is very good, the coverage I get is absolutely perfect; my face doesn't look too cakey.
It lasts all day, however if I've been out in the cold weather or doing any exercise I like to lightly dust this all over my face using my Real Techniques Powder Brush, just to make sure I'm not too shiny or red in the face.
My skin is dry and sensitive and it doesn't react badly at all on my face, and I imagine this would be great for all skin types.
I do find that it has an odd smell, but I think most drugstore foundations do, however I'm not too picky about smells of foundations.
Another critique I'd have is that once you begin to hit pan and run out of foundation, the pressed powder usually crumbles and you're unable to use it. I don't know if this is just me being a bad owner, or if there's a way to stop it but it can be inconvenient as there can be up to a week's worth of powder in there which goes to waste. I don't find this to be much of a problem though because I usually buy two of these powders at a time as I'm that addicted!
The packaging is okay, it's easy enough to store and is a good size to get my brush in, however it's not ideal for travelling as the lid has a tendency to crack slightly. However it is fine to keep at home or in your day to day makeup bag.
I think this is a problem that most makeup addicts do use or have used in the past, and it's definitely something that I'd recommend to try if you haven't yet. A simple to use and easy drugstore powder, and at such a good price you can't go wrong!

Video Reviews & Tutorials