Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 12/3/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use this powder in shade 001 Transparent to set my foundation.
Helps to reduce any shiny patches on my face, handy to dab some on through the day/night. Very long wearing, fantastic price and keeps my foundation looking great all day long! :-)

on 12/3/2014 1:45:00 PM

i bought the transparent 001 shade after hearing mainly good reviews about it, i really do agree with them!
at 3.99 it is an absolute bargain, at is probably one of the cheapest powders on the market- its definitely worth the price
the smell is a bit funny, but is mild and i sort of like it, i think it might be the natural ingredients in it, it smells quite clean and fresh
also, it doesn't show up white or chalky on the skin and lasts a veryyy long time, i just apply it with a medium sized powder brush and i'm good to go!
my only issues with it are the fact that it doesn't last the full 5 hours that its supposed to id say an average of 3 hours if you have oily skin- i only use this product in summer when my skin tests to get a bit shiny and oilier. my other issue with it is the product is its packaging, if youre sort of careless-like me-then the plastic lid, although it is quite a good quality, hard plastic, it can crack when thrown into a bag or makeup bag.
overall, this product is very good and well worth the investment especially for the price and quality of it, and works well

on 12/1/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am surprised at how effective this product is! I am around NC42-NC45, and I use this in translucent. It is so effective at keeping the shine away for at least about 4 hours before I need to blot. It doesn't work on my shiny nose though (then again, nothing does). It doesn't leave a white cast either and doesn't over mattify. I'm really happy with this product.

on 11/29/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder, I've bought it more times than I can even count and will continue to do so until I find an alternative that I prefer, however I doubt that's likely. At 3.99 (Boots retail price) this is an absolute steal, I would be happy to pay 6 or so for this if I had to. This is such an essential for any makeup lover, no matter what your age or experience is!
I use the shade 001 Transparent because I'm rather pale and my foundation (L'Oreal True Match C1) is a perfect match anyway so I don't really want to alter my foundation colour, and I just like to use powder to set and mattify my face. The formula is very good, the coverage I get is absolutely perfect; my face doesn't look too cakey.
It lasts all day, however if I've been out in the cold weather or doing any exercise I like to lightly dust this all over my face using my Real Techniques Powder Brush, just to make sure I'm not too shiny or red in the face.
My skin is dry and sensitive and it doesn't react badly at all on my face, and I imagine this would be great for all skin types.
I do find that it has an odd smell, but I think most drugstore foundations do, however I'm not too picky about smells of foundations.
Another critique I'd have is that once you begin to hit pan and run out of foundation, the pressed powder usually crumbles and you're unable to use it. I don't know if this is just me being a bad owner, or if there's a way to stop it but it can be inconvenient as there can be up to a week's worth of powder in there which goes to waste. I don't find this to be much of a problem though because I usually buy two of these powders at a time as I'm that addicted!
The packaging is okay, it's easy enough to store and is a good size to get my brush in, however it's not ideal for travelling as the lid has a tendency to crack slightly. However it is fine to keep at home or in your day to day makeup bag.
I think this is a problem that most makeup addicts do use or have used in the past, and it's definitely something that I'd recommend to try if you haven't yet. A simple to use and easy drugstore powder, and at such a good price you can't go wrong!

on 11/29/2014 8:59:00 AM

I love love love this product. I have a really oily BB cream at the moment and it covers all the oily ness, definitely recommend this. Only issue is the packaging the lid brakes very easily

on 11/28/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hate this, it doesn't control oil at all and the packaging is very fragile, so if you drop it Theres a good chance it will break

on 11/27/2014 5:53:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a cheap transparent powder and heard so many great reviews about this one I went and picked it up from Priceline, I really did want to like this powder as it was a good price but it broke me out ): I only ever get one pimple once in a blue moon so when my face started to break out I went through everything I was usuing and this turned out to be the cause. Other than that though it is a good price and I like the overall finish of it just a shame I can't use it anymore

on 11/21/2014 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a great budget powder. Easily, I'd say the best thing about it is the price, a bargain at 4, which is why I have repurchased it so many times. I use the shade 001 transparent, which I very much like. It gives a nice matte finish, and I really like the way it leaves my skin feeling after I put it on. It doesn't feel cakey, and it helps reduce my shine, my nose is usually somewhat oily at lunchtime, but it does help. I use it every single day, and it lasts a reasonable amount of time. However, the packaging isn't very good at all. On my first one, a few days after I touched pan, the whole powder crumpled, so I had lots of clumps of powder in the man, which I used awkwardly for the rest of the month. On my second, I took it travelling to Italy, and upon arrival, the lid and cracked and broke! Annoying, and can't take my second one anywhere now. Good job it is so cheap, if not I would not be buying it again! So in short, great product and price, but bad packaging!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the best and cheapest pressed powder I have ever used! It matches my skin flawlessly and offers long-time protection from transfer and oil. It also has a matte and non-shiny finish, as it promises.

on 11/20/2014 12:25:00 PM

I have combination skin and this always is the best I've tried to keep my oily spots matte and doesn't try out my dry areas over foundation. Will continue to use this in creamy beige because it give my pale skin a little but not too much color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials