Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When Maybelline Dream Matte powder was discontinued and then reformulated, I mourned the loss of my preciously perfect HG powder and its slightly useless powder puff counterpart. However, YouTube gurus were quick to suggest an alternative in Rimmel Stay Matte powder. This powder is great for setting my foundation and my concealer without looking too cakey or powdery. There's also a pretty good shade selection for anyone between NC/NW15 to NC/NW42 (at least at my local Shoppers). This keeps the oils on my skin at bay and leaves my confident that I do not look like an oil slick without having to look at a mirror. But now it's time for the cons: packaging!! What it the world Rimmel?? The packaging is terrible. I would not throw this in my makeup bag or my purse in fear of the lid coming off and the powder shattering. My first two things of these had the lid cracking in no time. And even if it doesn't crack, the lid can just as easily fall off with absolutely no effort! That being said, it's still a pretty great powder.

Love this so much! The best one I've tried! Works for my combination skin in a very hot and humid air of Mexico (in my vacations)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Actually I absolutely hate this product..and I can't get the hype
It's very chalky, powdery, has no coverage and doesn't control my oils
It looks cakey without even any touch ups and the packaging is awful as well
A big regret for me

Edit...
It also gives a white cast in flash photography..couldn't skip that lol

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powderr!! i just can use it after i apply sunscreen or on top of my foundation to give it more coverage! Just be ware that it can look cakey if u touch up with it. So would recommend just when u do ur makeup

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes.
There is so much hype over this product. People have been talking about it for years. I didn't try it until earlier this year.

This is amazing. It smells great (and the scent isn't too strong - bonus), it feels incredibly smooth, and it does a fantastic job. You can use it to set your entire face or just certain parts. I use this to set my under eye area and I bring it with me during the day to touch up if needed.

One of the best powders out there (drugstore and high-end!)

I've been trying this powder for about 1 month and I'm so pleased about its performance, after trying from drugstore to high end shine control powders this is the one that provides more control when required, wich usually is in the night out for party since I won't carry anything with me beside blot papers, just dusted a generous amount in my primed skin with a big powder brush, then let it set for 2 min and remove excess with a clean brush, that's all I need to keep the face in a decent shine control all night.

A tip for prevent cakey face it's a setting spray, I use pure orange blossom water in a spray bottle and works perfect.

I don't use it in daily because in daylight its "translucent" shade it's not invisible to the human eye and I look overdone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this. For someone with oily skin, this stuff is my savoir. It makes my makeup stay on for along time. When my face starts to get oily,i put some of the powder on and it makes it better. it doesn't feel heavy on my face. Definitely recommend.

a good affordable that keeps your oily zones under control, I only use it on the t-zone, since it is only one color, it can look flat and maybe a little chalky and cakey, so use a light hand. it does what it needs to, but is nothing special, the packaging can be better, but its a ~$5 product so no complaints

I love this powder unfortunately it's broken to pieces and there's not enough in there to save it and make it a pressed powder again but this is literally one of my holy grails it makes me matte and does the job extremely well and is my colour

I like this foundation, the coverage is just perfect, there's no smell to it and it lasts all day with minor touch ups. Its even safe for my sensitive/acne-prone skin which is rare. The only downsides to this product is that the company tests on animals, I just discontinued using it because I just found this out and also the shade selection is terrible. There's only a few choices and they are all very, very fair.

Video Reviews & Tutorials