November 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got the 75ml tube of this as part of a gift set which included the foot cream (which I've yet to use) but I wanted to use the hand cream straight away as someone had recommended it to me.

This is a nice, rich hand cream which leaves my hands feeling well moisturised and soft, especially in my dry office at work and after doing the washing up at home. You only need a pea sized amount, meaning the tube lasts for ages and as it's metal it's fairly easy to manipulate to get every last drop out (although you have to be pretty brutal with it when it's getting towards the end). It does have a slight scent to it, but as other reviewers have mentioned it's quite light and not at all offensive to the nostrils, so definitely one you can apply repeatedly throughout the day without getting fed up of smelling it.

Other than the price (8.00GBP for 30ml or 19.00GBP for 100ml) I can't think of any real negatives to this hand cream. I wouldn't necessarily bill it as a HG product but I would definitely consider repurchasing it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

I have the 30 ml tube ($12 AUD) which is a nice size to keep in my hand bag. Whenever my hands are feeling dry I just use about a pea size amount and instantly feel more comfortable and moisturised. I don't find there to be any tackiness or residue left behind which is another reason why I like using it when I'm out and about.

There is a very light smell to this, similar to baby powder perhaps? Regardless, it's very subtle and non-offensive so I can go about my day without any strong, lingering fragrance.

I can't really think of a negative about this product. But is this hand cream an absolute must-have? Not necessarily, there are probably other creams out there which could do just as good of a job at moisturising dry hands. However, I've actually used up and repurchased several tubes of these so yes, I definitely recommend this if you don't mind spending a bit more money on hand cream (150 ml costs $39 AUD). It has certainly helped to soften and smooth out some dry lines on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG handcream for night and even day. It seems heavy and greasy when you put it on but it soaks in fast as long as you only rub in a pea size amount. My picky brother in law grabbed it out of my handbag and even gave it a try. It doesn't have an offending smell either which makes it unisex friendly. The packaging needs help though, it's very vintage with the metal tube (but I guess that makes it more environmentally friendly).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by porcaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this hand cream for the past year. My hands are very dry, to the point of crackng during winter weather. This is by far the most hydrating (good staying power) hand cream I have used. The cream is thick, but a little goes a long way and some massaging will do the trick. It has a soothing powdery scent, which I prefer over strong chemical ones.

It is pricey but th packaging makes it easy to squeeze out everything though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Everyone raves about this product and i was lucky enough to receive the 150ml as a gift! I was quite disappointed with it though, i found it was pretty greasy and took quite a while to soak in so i had to sit around and not do much with my hands til it had completely soaked in, also i can't say it dramatically changed my dry hands/fingers so i probably wouldnt purchase it again also its pretty pricey for a hand cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

A nice rich hand cream. The original scent is the only scent I like. The others are overwhelming.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by aliskey62389

This was a nice luxury splurge for myself for Christmas. It did not feel greasy and had a pleasant sweet yet fresh smell to it but I found that this cream moiturized my hands more better than other thick hand creams in the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

great hand cream , it is not the most hydrating one but it is pretty good, i cant get pass the strong annoying smell so i have to pass it. many ppl seem to love this hand cream and its scent. i prefer their foot cream, thicker and very hydrating, the scent isnt as bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by bellabaluba

I love this hand cream and one of the few products I keep repurchasing. It has a lot of moisture, absorbs easily (no stickiness) and has a pleasant scent. What I don't like is the big metal tubes. The design is incredibly chic and gives a nostalgic vibe. But after using it for a whole, the metal tube becomes chunky, and it is difficult to get all of the product out unless you have been vigilant from the very beginning and pressing the tube with a knife or something. So I prefer to buy the small ones in travel size that has a soft plastic tube. Fits in the purse as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down best moisturising hand cream ever. Its loaded with shea butter & absorbs well into your hands as I know alot of moisturisers dont absorb as well. I am quite fond of the scent & the packaging makes it a breeze to squeeze out the last of your product. The only annoying thing for some may be that it can get a tad greasy before it dries, but its not a bother for me personally :) works wonders.