April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this hand cream. I keep a tube in my bedside table and one in my bathroom. I love that it moisturizes well, smells clean and light, and doesn't cause my hands to feel coated and greasy. The metal tube is a bit of a hassle, but I use the "key" that L'Occitane sells to keep the tube rolled down as I use it up. I can't believe that this costs $28 a tube - it's definitely overpriced - but I love it so much that I keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by avel

Best hand cream ever. Love the fragrance and texture. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly. I'm on my third small tube and just bought a giant one for my mom. She loves it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this hand cream. So many rave reviews, but one big problem I have with it is the scent. I really, really hate it. It almost reminds me of the original Nivea cream or Dove. I could not stand the smell of either of those.

It's moisturizing properties are ok. I would rather get the tin of the 100% Shea Butter and use that instead and not have that scent to deal with.

I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Sassafraz

Absolute favourite cream! Have been using this product for years. I generally tend to use it as a hand cream only, however I have found that my skin is much more dry this winter than it has been in previous years (I blame the dry-ness of my new apartment) and I now use this product on all body parts. My elbows were really dry, and after one application they were fully moisturized, and have been ever since. I have used the Shea Butter on a few occasions on my face (to small, very dry areas) it did fix the problem, but left that area of my face feeling very greasy - so wouldn't recommend application there. But for everywhere else - this product is the BEST!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Some nice MUAers recommended this cream to my post request about a good hard working hand cream for my 40th birthday: among all my 40 years resolutions I put to take care of my hands at last, because I've been neglecting them all through my youth and it starts to show.
Well I'm glad I had this rec: the cream is really nourishing and moisturizing, it leaves a lovely fragrance (not too strong), and my hands really show some difference.
Also, the product is a bit expensive, but the tube lasts a long time.
I highly recommend this cream.
A

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PantherBKNeff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I second what Doreese said on 2/11/13...This hand cream is amaze-balls for those who have eczema and also for those who despise the feeling of greasy digits. It smells fresh and clean (a little bit Soap-y and Baby powder-y). The tube is great because you can squeeze every last bit out of it, plus it packs well (plastic bottles with pumps + gym bags = Don't). Additionally, you can feel good knowing that the Shea Butter collection is ethically-derived and sustainable from women in Africa. It's moderately priced for lotion (about $28 bucks for a large tube). Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by doreese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I am not really a lotion or handcream person. I hate the feeling of lotion goop on my hands. Which probably I'm sure played some part into me getting eczema years ago. Ever since then I would have really bad dry rashes on the top of my hands to the point where it would be like little cuts because it was so dry. I started using this hand cream and I don't even have eczema anymore but I still use it because I love the stuff! Feels amazing and my hands are now SO soft- plus I love the smell. It is a def a bit pricey but it's really worth it.

I would say this is the best hand cream out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by sherylash8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how it smells and how it really work for my skin but then i dont like how it doesnt sink into my skin quickly...but a def must try! even though its expensive but i think it could last for 5 mnths or so

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently put this product into my regular rotation of hand moisturizers. I find that if it doesn't sink into my hands for awhile, it washes off rather easily. I like that it is not greasy and has a pleasant scent. It is a thick cream and goes on nicely. However this moisturizer alone is not enough by itself to keep my hands quenched in the winter. If you suffer from dry hands, this is a good product to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this hand cream. Having tried a variety of low and high-end creams, I find myself going back to this one. My hands are quite dry, and this cream restores lost moisture effectively and swiftly. The fragrance is understated yet luxurious. I adore the paint tube style packaging!