August 20, 2014 | 1293 users online

Crème - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Make-up

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't hate this, but I also don't love it lol! It's definitely more of a tinted moisturizer. I still have to wear powder over it to control oil. I like that it's all natural and I feel way better knowing that I don't have a whole bunch of chemicals seeping into my skin lol! I might repurchase in a darker shade and see if it works better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation but it is just way to orange for my super pale skin. Have tried the 00 and the 01 and I just end up looking like a navel orange even when I mix with white creams or other lighter color foundations. Love the light coverage, way it feels on my skin and that it does not aggrivate my allergies but will not repurchase because of the color.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Ellie888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my backup foundation for wen my skin is feeling extra dry and sensitive. I bought it in shade 001. The second darkest after 00. It is lovely and blends right into my dry skin. I cannot moisturise too much though wen i use this as it give me enough moisture, and it can look too dewy/shiny if used with a heavy moisturiser. I use it at night wen i go out, as it looks so natural, people cant even tell im wearing foundation and compliment me on my clear creamy skin! I wish my skin was that good naturally! So it gets all the thumbs up from me. However i do have dry skin and even i have to go easy on the moisturiser before hand, i donot need to use powder after, but i imagine if you have oily or combo skin you would find this either too moisturising, or you would have to use a powder to set it. It does give a lovey glow to skin if your skin colour suits the shades, without making you look orange or too yellow!. The only draw back to this product for me is that it could have more shades to suit more pople, but other than that its not a problem for me. Also i have pale skin with yellow tone to my base and pink blemishes and blush, and 001 manages to blend in well. I know alot of people with pale yellow tones to thier skin find it difficult to find a decent shade that is not too pink or orange and this seems to balance out well. It has enough yellow and hints of peach to be blended nicley.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I repurchased this in Level 01 three times now. My skin is fair with pink undertones and this also works awesome in the summer months. I was a Prescriptives Traceless fan and this replaced it. I've been paying attention to ingredients much more closely and this product is far more natural in terms of chemicals and preservatives. I love the creamy texture and the coverage is light to medium depending on how much you want to apply. It does what IMHO a foundation should do, enhance the skin.

Edit 10/12/13

I just bought another tube of this and upgraded the packaging to 5 stars. These last to the very end, and I mean squeezing it down and being able to get every last drop out. I still haven't found anything I like better in terms of what it does for me and how natural this product is.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by monsterbeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I came to get some samples of this makeup because I was looking for liquid makeup that did not contain triethanolamine and was not tested on animals.
I bought samples of 00 and 01 shade from the UK Dr. Hauschka website

The actual makeup is more like a sheer-to-medium foundation than a tinted moisturiser, though it does feel very light and have a dewy glow upon the skin. I have normal skin, and so the 'dewyness' may be too much for oily skins or humid summers.

The 01 shade was not suitable for me as I am quite yellow toned, and this makeup is very pink toned. If cool or pink is your skin's undertone I think this would work very well.

00 is a lot lighter than 01, and doesn't have any of the pink undertones that 01 does, but for my skin at the minute, it was perhaps too pale. It seems like it would be good for me in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by amblando

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I will never use another foundation again. The 00 shade is perfect for my fair skin, and the texture is light and smooth. I hate makeup that looks like makeup, and this is very natural looking. And it smells good. And it doesn't irritate my skin or clog its pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by veggieflute

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for a couple of days and am happy with it so far. Although the coverage is not heavy, I find that it hides most of my imperfections and lasts all day. The 01 color blended perfectly with my fair complexion, but I also added Bare Minerals mineral veil just to set it. Because I'm taking Accutane, my skin has been quite a bit dryer than it used to be. My Estee Lauder Double Wear (a great product) was drying it out and exaggerating my wrinkles. Dr. Hauschka's translucent make-up makes my skin look dewey smooth with no shine and has kept the dry flakes away.

If you have oily skin, this may not be the foundation for you. I suspect that it won't cover well and will slide off after a couple of hours. My skin was super oily before Accutane and I could never find an adequate make-up until the Estee Lauder Double Wear.

The fact that it comes in a tube is probably going to frustrate me when it starts running out.

Although it is somewhat expensive, a little goes a long way, and I don't mind paying for a good product that is all organic and seems to be good for my skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by stellabell

Love it. It's a lot like the Toned Day Cream but heavier. Beautiful glow, scent, and coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by cecil

Finally, Dr Hauscka have extended their colour range for foundation! The 00-shade is a good match for my very fair, yellow based skin tone. The 01, before the lightest shade, was too dark for me. This foundation feels gentle on the skin and looks very natural. I set it with powder, which is a must if you want it to last (and I have dry skin!) Still, I'm very pleased.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by esoterica7

I switched to an all Hauschka skincare regime about 3 months ago, but this was the one product I never thought I'd get. Even the lightest color looked too dark for my fair skin, I like moderate coverage from foundations, and I have always disliked "tinted moisturizers," as many of the reviews here compare this product to. But I was so pleased with my other Hauschka purchases, and have been increasingly interested in using all-natural, chemical and paraben free products. Also, I think all the other Haushcka products I used for cleansing/toning/moisturizing have balanced my skin and brought it to it's natural state, and as a result, it has become more sensitive to my traditional Chanel foundation. So, I decided to give this a try.

My fears about this product completely disappeared after the first day of use. While the color did look dark, once I began blending it absorbed and matched my natural color beautifully (better than my standard foundation, actually), and after applying a bit of concealer and setting everything with powder, it provided all the coverage I wanted or needed. (I do use the Hauschka Bronzing Concentrate underneath this, which may contribute to the even skin tone that I achieved. I recommend using both together, because both products are great and help to enhance your own skin rather than just mask it.) Not too heavy or cakey, yet not too sheer. The smell and texture of the makeup is light and appealing and works well with my combination, acne-prone skin. I have to apply a little pressed powder by midday, as my skin tends to be oily in the T-zone (especially during summer), but I had to do that anyway before using this. BEST OF ALL, this doesn't clog my pores -- it actually leaves my skin in better condition, which no other foundation has ever done! When I take it off at the end of the day, my skin looks so fresh, soft, and glowy.

It's kind of expensive for the small-ish plastic tube that it comes in, but all Dr. Hauschka products are pricey so this isn't an exception. Luckily, it's also up to the standards of other Dr. Hauschka products when it comes to ingredients and results. I'm thrilled that I no longer have to rely on chemical laden foundations, and my skin has never looked better.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No