E.L.F. Brightening Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/8/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is very creamy in texture, very pigmented, and very smooth on the lids. On the lid and on the waterline this pencil is very pigmented, tho, it doesn't last for over an hour. Good as an eyebase maybe, but the lasting power of this is not worth calling it an eyeliner.

I got a sample one in a beauty encyclopedia book so I of course tried the liner. I love the product but I love the cream liner more because it is creamier and more easy to apply.

on 4/29/2011 4:16:00 AM

For the price it is a very good pencil! I have the colour plum and it matches my green eyes very pretty.
I wil repurchase this product and also other colours.

on 4/17/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I cant believe this got such bad reviews :O
Although its a pencil liner, it is still very creamy and glides on nicely. I have it in midnight and it looks great with blue eyes

on 4/17/2011 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have to disagree with ImaJedi as I bought the black of this and it's a true, deep ebon black, denser than other more expensive brands I've tried. Maybe she got a bad lot? It's soft enough to go on smoothly (I wear contacts so this is of critical importance to me) and there's the usual great control you get in a pencil. Will definitely repurchase

on 4/10/2011 8:04:00 PM

Despite bad reviews, I like this pencil in "white" which is really more of a pearly light silver. It can be clumpy, so I draw a line on my hands to get rid of any chunks and to warm it up. I use it on my inner eyes and water line for a barely there liner...and I dont find it short lived at all. Cmon ladies, its a buck. Ive bought worse liners for $20

on 3/1/2011 8:23:00 PM

As an eyeliner, I would NEVER buy this again. The black goes on gray, and smudges quickly - but I also have the brown in "coffee" which works GREAT for my brows. It looks fantastic and matches my brow perfectly. It also last a very decent time on my brows when set with a shadow.

Re-purchasing for my brows only. :)

on 2/14/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Coffee which is a medium brown color that is lighter than the swatch on the website. The problem is that it smudges right after I put it on so I can't be precise with it but would be good with a smokey look. The sharpener cap works really well and is convenient even for other eye pencils.

Not a good eyeliner. Was crumbly, dry and just did not do a very good job. It dragged horribly when I tried to line my eyes. AWFUL!

on 1/25/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was at my local Target a few days ago, and was in the cosmetics section. I had always been curious about the E.L.F. line of products, but was skeptical to try it because of its unrealistically cheap price tag. Finally, I figured why not, and bought this eyeliner in black. I am in LOVE with it! For only $1.00, you get a creamy, rich, black eyeliner thats not too harsh, and blends wonderfully! Its staying power is also delightfully surprising, as it last almost all day with little running or smudging. Amazing! This will probably become my HG eyeliner, believe it or not! I am planning to go back and pick up the other colors, including a navy blue (midnight), a gold (gilded), and dark purple (plum), a charcoal grey (ash), and a brown (coffee). I highly recommend this product, and for only $1.00 you might as well try it, it could be a hidden gem for you like it was for me!!!