October 1, 2014 | 1807 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i have it in pink lemonade, and its a nice blush base. but it is really shimmery and my little tube, with the nozzle applicator broke when i got it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by itsrainingsunshine

I have this product in lilac petal, which is a shimmery color that goes on almost sheer. I really like this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap highlighter! For $1, its worth the money! I use it along my cheekbones and on my browbones, and it adds a beautiful light shimmer and highlight to my face! It also smells really good! The only problem I've had with this product is sometimes after about 3 months, the product thins out and starts to get runny, so you have to buy another tube, but for $1, its worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MyzTery2u

I picked this up at Target during my weekly ELF troll in "Lilac Petal" I'm light brown skin (NW45) and I use this as a highlight over the bridge of my nose and above my contouring blush on my cheekbones and under eyes. It stands out the most down the bridge of my nose. I apply it first with my fingertip on my and then blend out with a brush. It doesn't ruin my foundation and that's been with both liquid and powder (mineral) foundations. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 lippies is that I don't like it applied on my cheek bones unless a brush is used. If you just kinda of dab, it looks crazy, but when blended down it looks good.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by naomihamons

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This ruined my face make up once i applied it! too sticky and in TWO days after buying this from the website it separated!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Overdramaqueen

I'd seen the mixed reviews on this product, but was still intrigued. So, when I was prowling the makeup aisle of Target last week, I had to try it. I picked it up in Spotlight, a shimmering, frosty white color. I haven't used it on my lips or eyes yet....but I LOVE this product as a liquid highlight. I'll mix it with my moisturizer or apply it straight onto my cheekbones with a powdered blush over it. It gives a subtle, natural glow to the face. I will definetly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by N35513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I couldn't even get any of the actual product to come out. Just a lot of oil/water with bits of the product smeared and stuck into it. Very nasty. I squeezed the entire tube out before I realized that it was 90% gunk.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I say I wouldn't buy this again because it's simply just not my favorite highlighter and I'll never use all of it. If you use it sparingly, the result is pretty nice, but I'm being completely serious when I say that a little goes a long way. A pea size amount, and your cheekbones are crazy shiny. I haven't tried this on my brow bone, but I'm sure the effect will be the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

I bought the pink version of this to use as a highlight on my cheek bones. It's extremely pigmented, which was disappointing. I think this works better as a cream blush than as a highlight. It also has a lot of noticeable glitter that migrated from my cheekbones to the rest of my face. And finally the smell... I couldn't stand it. I think they tried to give it a citrus scent but it smells too strong and artificial, kind of like scented plastic. Will not purchase again. I tossed mine in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a VERY pigmented and VERY shimmery cream highlighter that comes in a tube. The color is more of a silvery taupe and has no trace of lilac as the name, "Lilac Petal" suggests. It has a subtle sugary orange scent which does not linger. The tube should last quite a while as all you need is a few dabs. When I applied it directly to my cheek it seemed to dry quickly making it difficult to spread around and was VERY shimmery. I prefer to mix a TINY amount with my moisturizer for a subtle glow. Unfortunately, when I tried it as an all over glow (mixed with moisturizer) my face was still too shimmery. It's best used as a highlighter (cheeks, brow bone, Cupid's bow).
I believe a more warmer tone may work better for me in the summertime when I'm tan (maybe Toasted or Golden Peach).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jdsmom247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give this product an overall 4 lippies because in my experience using the shimmering facial whip has been fantastic except for one flaw which is the formula separates in the tube & doesn't mix together well at all.I have and use the Pink Lemonade which I love to place on my cheekbones,bridge of nose & cupids bow, a little goes a long way which seems like a good thing but in reality isn't since within 2 months I realized the product started to separate, instead of the pinky-creamy whip it's now a clear-off white watery liquid.
I doubt I will repurchase this product and instead stick with the All Over stick by E.l.f or the Shimmer Palette by E.l.f.