December 21, 2014 | 1384 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Pamchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HATE IT HATE IT ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!. I bought this like 2 years ago at target and since I saw all this great reviews about it I decided to give it a shot. Worse dollar I ever spent. The product came out as sparkly water at first it would not mix even if I shook the little bottle. After all the water was out I was left with a cakey paste . I tried to blend it on my skin and it was just too pasty. WONT be purchasing this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am an absolute die hard fanatic of ELF Cosmetics and these $1 Shimmering Facial Whips are amazing! Now it does get mixed reviews & its either love or hate w/ these but i happen to love em.. i have almost every shade now but i have got 2 unopened.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- These little suckers will only cost you $1usd!! yes $1!! its unreal how inexpensive these are! Esp considering how little you need for each use, you will def get your moneys worth & more! These whips can be found on eyeslipsface website (all shades available on site) and some different shades can be found at Target and i have also seen them at Sears Grand, some Dollar Stores, and Klingensmiths. So it all depends on your area & where you can find these. I have also recieved a few as a free gift w/ purchase online.
SHADE/FORMULA- i love the formula & consistency of these. now if you have got one that is squirting water then you can try shaking with all your might or depotting & stirring the crap out of it or consider it a dud. I have recieved 2 like this and have shaken and shaked to finally get it mixed to regular whipped consistency. But one wouldnt quit doing it. but if water is coming out i do just let it come out on a cottonpad & you will get some good stuff (gosh sounds awful) These Whips are like a moussey whipped cream lotion which makes application & blending a dream. blends so great onto skin with fingers or brush. i use my fingers typically. All the shades are light opalescent and SHIMMER hence the name. They have a sheen, glow so gorgeous for highlighting the face like brows, cupids bow, nose, cheeks, etc & also using these as a cream base for shadows on top of eye primer- these provide a slightly wet base for shadows to cling to or own their own as a wash over lid provides a gorgeous sheen for a natural wide eyed looks. i use these for everything, can also be a blush base too! i havent used on lips but im sure it make a decent gloss. All shades could work for any skin tone & skin type! there is a shade more suitable for the job you would like & ur skins undertone- my fav is Citrus or Toasted well All of them ;) Make sure to squeeze out the TINIEST BIT like a pen point at first and apply- dab & blend. i prefer fingers but to each their own. These will last forever & give a great glow from withing esp if topped with a powder or placed under foundation. some could be mixed into foundation. just use the TINIEST AMOUNT!
PACKAGING- these whips come in a small squeeze tube. they are small & petite but dont let the little bottle fool you- you only need the tiniest bit for each area. a pin point will do. so one little tube has lasted me months &months & still have a ton. the squeeze top with twist on lid keeps product secure & safe- no contamination since you dont have to keep digging into anything, it squeezes easily so no wasted product. ELF Logo written on tube & shade name on sticker on twist on top!
overall- i could go on & on about these because i use one every day for highlighting or cream base! i cant go a day without one! i tried but nope! i will forever repurchase these & hoard backups for those moments where i get thru one which hasnt happened yet-seems like it refils itself magically! i have gotten so many compliments using these! Try Toasted as a cream base for smoky eyes, try spotlight in liq foundation for a dewy finish, try Citrus for highlighting face!
MY HG MAKEUP PRODUCT! ive found a product that can do so many things that is so dirt cheap and CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i have it in pink lemonade, and its a nice blush base. but it is really shimmery and my little tube, with the nozzle applicator broke when i got it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by itsrainingsunshine

I have this product in lilac petal, which is a shimmery color that goes on almost sheer. I really like this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap highlighter! For $1, its worth the money! I use it along my cheekbones and on my browbones, and it adds a beautiful light shimmer and highlight to my face! It also smells really good! The only problem I've had with this product is sometimes after about 3 months, the product thins out and starts to get runny, so you have to buy another tube, but for $1, its worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MyzTery2u

I picked this up at Target during my weekly ELF troll in "Lilac Petal" I'm light brown skin (NW45) and I use this as a highlight over the bridge of my nose and above my contouring blush on my cheekbones and under eyes. It stands out the most down the bridge of my nose. I apply it first with my fingertip on my and then blend out with a brush. It doesn't ruin my foundation and that's been with both liquid and powder (mineral) foundations. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 lippies is that I don't like it applied on my cheek bones unless a brush is used. If you just kinda of dab, it looks crazy, but when blended down it looks good.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by naomihamons

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This ruined my face make up once i applied it! too sticky and in TWO days after buying this from the website it separated!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Overdramaqueen

I'd seen the mixed reviews on this product, but was still intrigued. So, when I was prowling the makeup aisle of Target last week, I had to try it. I picked it up in Spotlight, a shimmering, frosty white color. I haven't used it on my lips or eyes yet....but I LOVE this product as a liquid highlight. I'll mix it with my moisturizer or apply it straight onto my cheekbones with a powdered blush over it. It gives a subtle, natural glow to the face. I will definetly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by N35513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I couldn't even get any of the actual product to come out. Just a lot of oil/water with bits of the product smeared and stuck into it. Very nasty. I squeezed the entire tube out before I realized that it was 90% gunk.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I say I wouldn't buy this again because it's simply just not my favorite highlighter and I'll never use all of it. If you use it sparingly, the result is pretty nice, but I'm being completely serious when I say that a little goes a long way. A pea size amount, and your cheekbones are crazy shiny. I haven't tried this on my brow bone, but I'm sure the effect will be the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

I bought the pink version of this to use as a highlight on my cheek bones. It's extremely pigmented, which was disappointing. I think this works better as a cream blush than as a highlight. It also has a lot of noticeable glitter that migrated from my cheekbones to the rest of my face. And finally the smell... I couldn't stand it. I think they tried to give it a citrus scent but it smells too strong and artificial, kind of like scented plastic. Will not purchase again. I tossed mine in the trash.