E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

I picked this up in Golden Peach because I've been looking for a good peachy-gold highlighter for my cheekbones. I've been dying to try Benefit Sun Beam, but it's pretty pricey, so I decided to see if this would give me a warm, golden glow.
At first, I hated this. I applied it the same way I apply all my liquid highlighters -- getting a tiny amount on my finger, making 3 dots along my cheekbones, and blending out. Using this this way looked horrendous. I was left with a harsh line of thick, golden glitter across my cheekbones because it doesn't fully blend out, it just kind of sticks. I tried applying with a sponge and a brush, and it still didn't work.
Finally, I tried mixing a tiny dot of this with a tiny bit of facial moisturizer and blending it out this way. It works sooo much better. This tones down the chunky glitter and creates a dewy, peachy-gold highlight that looks great all day. I don't find this too frosty or gritty (as long as you mix it with a moisturizer), so I think this would look good on women of all ages.
Definitely check out Golden Peach if you've been looking for a light golden highlighter! The price definitely can't be beat.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have these in permisson and golden peach. They are really nice! you can use them lipgloss's eyeshadow bases or even as cheek colors which is what i use them for! They pigmentation is AMAZING and the colors are just beautiful! They come out very creamy and for the small bottle you get you get alot of products! i would repurchase

Weird. Maybe I am using it wrong, but I can't imagine what look you'd be going for with this. If you're going for an ice-queen or fashion/artsy look, this would probably be worth the $1, but for normal people looks, this would look ridiculous.
Pros/cons, I'll let you decide: thick, seems to have good coverage and staying power as I could not get it off my hand, super frost look, non-fragranced, spreads ok, but does not have a gradual blend, convenient tube package.
If you are going for a NATURAL glow highlight (especially if you're over 30, like ME :) ) put this back on the shelf. If you just like to play with makeup, or you can pull off a frost look, then by all means, it's only a dollar.

EDIT**
I saw a youtube video about this stuff, and apparently there is one colour (the one I tried) that is just awful and watery, then there is another colour that is really pretty and has a good consistency. I think I will try looking for this other colour and find out if it really is nice. It's only a dollar so I won't be waisting my money if I'm wrong. I am a little disappointed that ELF would even keep this watery product out for sale. If they have one product that works great, and one that is terrible, why wouldn't they either fix the bad one or just stop selling it??
Here's my original review:

I honestly don't understand how this product has any good reviews. I'm a huge fan of ELF. I only have a few products from them, but I like them all so much. My sister bought this and we were both extremely disappointed. It's like shimmery water, and that's not even an exaggeration. I would probably get better results if I dumped a bit of loose shimmery powder in some water and spread it on my face. I will keep buying elf products, but this one will be going in the garbage.

What a great, cheap highlighter that looks natural! I use this on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose and my forehead. It doesn't make me look oily, just gives my face some dimension and glow. The only complaint I have is the staying power, especially if you touch your face a lot.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product is good. It does what it claims to do. But the problem for me is that it makes me look TOO shimmery. I go for a natural looking glow but this makes me look like I'm way over done.

Plus, I am not a fan of that texture on my skin after I apply my foundation and everything. idk maybe that's just me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I remember getting this product when I was younger. I can't say I've used elf since I was a teen almost 4-5 years ago. This was one of the first products I used and I remember them having a lot of products for $1. I just browned the website and they added loads more stuff with higher prices. Makes me curious. Perhaps I will check out the Elf section when I go to target or kmart again.

ANYWAY, back to the product. It's an alright product. Good for highlighting. I used the one "Persimmon" and "Pink Lemonade" and they were good for slightly highlighting cheeks and eyes. Would not recommend for lips- it will look like you put cream eyeshadow on your lips. Would buy again- it's so cheap. I see they added a white/clear facial whip. I may try that one.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HATE IT HATE IT ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!. I bought this like 2 years ago at target and since I saw all this great reviews about it I decided to give it a shot. Worse dollar I ever spent. The product came out as sparkly water at first it would not mix even if I shook the little bottle. After all the water was out I was left with a cakey paste . I tried to blend it on my skin and it was just too pasty. WONT be purchasing this again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am an absolute die hard fanatic of ELF Cosmetics and these $1 Shimmering Facial Whips are amazing! Now it does get mixed reviews & its either love or hate w/ these but i happen to love em.. i have almost every shade now but i have got 2 unopened.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- These little suckers will only cost you $1usd!! yes $1!! its unreal how inexpensive these are! Esp considering how little you need for each use, you will def get your moneys worth & more! These whips can be found on eyeslipsface website (all shades available on site) and some different shades can be found at Target and i have also seen them at Sears Grand, some Dollar Stores, and Klingensmiths. So it all depends on your area & where you can find these. I have also recieved a few as a free gift w/ purchase online.
SHADE/FORMULA- i love the formula & consistency of these. now if you have got one that is squirting water then you can try shaking with all your might or depotting & stirring the crap out of it or consider it a dud. I have recieved 2 like this and have shaken and shaked to finally get it mixed to regular whipped consistency. But one wouldnt quit doing it. but if water is coming out i do just let it come out on a cottonpad & you will get some good stuff (gosh sounds awful) These Whips are like a moussey whipped cream lotion which makes application & blending a dream. blends so great onto skin with fingers or brush. i use my fingers typically. All the shades are light opalescent and SHIMMER hence the name. They have a sheen, glow so gorgeous for highlighting the face like brows, cupids bow, nose, cheeks, etc & also using these as a cream base for shadows on top of eye primer- these provide a slightly wet base for shadows to cling to or own their own as a wash over lid provides a gorgeous sheen for a natural wide eyed looks. i use these for everything, can also be a blush base too! i havent used on lips but im sure it make a decent gloss. All shades could work for any skin tone & skin type! there is a shade more suitable for the job you would like & ur skins undertone- my fav is Citrus or Toasted well All of them ;) Make sure to squeeze out the TINIEST BIT like a pen point at first and apply- dab & blend. i prefer fingers but to each their own. These will last forever & give a great glow from withing esp if topped with a powder or placed under foundation. some could be mixed into foundation. just use the TINIEST AMOUNT!
PACKAGING- these whips come in a small squeeze tube. they are small & petite but dont let the little bottle fool you- you only need the tiniest bit for each area. a pin point will do. so one little tube has lasted me months &months & still have a ton. the squeeze top with twist on lid keeps product secure & safe- no contamination since you dont have to keep digging into anything, it squeezes easily so no wasted product. ELF Logo written on tube & shade name on sticker on twist on top!
overall- i could go on & on about these because i use one every day for highlighting or cream base! i cant go a day without one! i tried but nope! i will forever repurchase these & hoard backups for those moments where i get thru one which hasnt happened yet-seems like it refils itself magically! i have gotten so many compliments using these! Try Toasted as a cream base for smoky eyes, try spotlight in liq foundation for a dewy finish, try Citrus for highlighting face!
MY HG MAKEUP PRODUCT! ive found a product that can do so many things that is so dirt cheap and CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i have it in pink lemonade, and its a nice blush base. but it is really shimmery and my little tube, with the nozzle applicator broke when i got it!