November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by katrina021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I suffer from very oily skin..... I read the reviews here on MUA about MAC's Blot Powder and bought a compact in Medium for $36AUD.

It really works for me!

At first I thought it was because I was wearing it with my Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I have also been testing it with Clinique and LÓreal -- it works on top of any of my foundations!

The powder goes on translucent (you can put bronzer/blush on top of it though). You don't have to use very much and i have barely had to top up during the day.
The compact it comes in is quite nice but don't bother with the flimsy sponge they provide you with, i like to use it with a powder brush.

I have had it for about 3 weeks now and have not suffered a break out or any side-effects.

This is my new fave powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Studio Fix Powder Foundation for years, and I always just carried that around in my purse for touch ups. I've recently switched to liquid foundation, and I just needed something to use for when I get a little shine on my nose. I did my research, heard a lot about this, and since I love MAC I decided to try this. I really like it, and I think it it absorbs oil really well. I have dry skin, so I only use it on my nose, otherwise it could be a little drying. I don't think it adds any color, but I'm so fair I don't know for sure. It comes in the standard black, MAC compacts. It has a mirror, and comes with a really flat puff. I don't like to reuse those, so I just used it once and threw it away, and I just use a MAC 129 short handled travel brush. You don't need very much product, so this will last you a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sp0ntaneous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Helps keep my skin matte and does not add any colour to my face, so no change in makeup. I hate the puff it comes with, I use a fluffy kabuki brush and dust this all over my tzone. Love this product overall though

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This is as close to as a hg setting powder to me as it can get. I've tried many different powders (MUFE, NARs, Tarte, Chanel, Lancome, Clinique) and I just keep coming back to this one. The powder lasts a long time and you only need a little in the morning and perhaps a little touch up during the day. The compact is nice and sturdy that I can let it toss around in my purse without worrying about the compact coming apart and popping open. It's never made me break out, nor does it add any heaviness to the rest of foundation and etc on my face. It's reasonably priced and there's quite a bit of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the reviews saying this powder is too light. My skin is nc15 and the light shade is invisible. Unless you're rubbing your face in the compact this won't deposit any color to your face. The puff is cheap and useless, I use a cosmetic sponge instead. I just swipe across the powder and press it into my oily areas and my skin is instantly matte. I have large pores and very oily skin so I usually have to do this 2 or 3 times a day but it works better then any other powder I've used to get rid of oil. I tried using this with a brush and I didn't think it worked as well. It didn't pick up enough of the powder and I find the pressing motion with the sponge works far better. Also, I carry this with me and bringing a brush along is just more of a hassle.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccaa242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love it! I use it in light and it's perfect for my NC10 skin. Only complaint is the packaging, I travel a lot and it has smashed a little a few times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This powder is a godsend! I just started using it again and even though the price tag is extremely high I can't live without it. I was previously using maybelline dream matte powder and that was really good but it made my under eye circles look kinda dry. This floats over my whole face and sets it beautifully. After about 10 hours, yes 10 hours, I have a dewy sheen to my face. a blotting sheet and a few swipes of mac blot re sets my make up and makes it look like I have my original face from 8am when my morning started. Well forever continue to purchase this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I have dry skin due to using Retin-A so I am especially prone to the flakies and this powder did nothing more than accentuate any dry patches I had. I bought "Light" which was way too light for me (I wear MAC foundations in NC15). Maybe if I had tried the medium I would have had better luck-who knows? Unfortunately it's still very drying regardless of the shade. I won't be buying this again and I'll be returning the one I recently purchased. I guess I'll stick with Benefit's Get Even for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love it it gets rid of the shine on my forehed it dosent use up quick i will probably have this for three months more and i buoght it in July..i recomend this to every one oliy skin combination all types it sets makeup as well as gets rid of shine multi use..=)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I've purchased this powder twice now. I take it along in my purse and use it for touchups during the day. Works great to take away the oily areas of my face.

The only other product I like a little better than this is Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil but that doesn't come in a compact...so MAC wins out!