Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 12/17/2010 5:47:00 PM

I use Very Dry to Dry. I love this product! It makes my dry skin look and feel like a baby. Desert weather is horrible to my dry skin!!!! This is the first moisturizer that has lasted all day for me. Most of them leave my skin feeling dry by midday. Finally I found something that works!

on 11/24/2010 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have the Superdefense in Combo/Dry. This is my favorite moisturizer for spring, fall, and winter . It feels like it's going to be a heavy moisturizer when you put it on, but it blends great onto your skin and give you a dewy -not greasy- finish. It is also great if you use a liquid foundation like Estee Lauder's Double Wear; it helps the foundation smooth out better and again, gives you a dewy finish. Love this! It is a bit to rich for me in the summer; I switch to Estee Lauder's Clear Difference Moisturizer and switch to Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup! Ha! Love my EL and Clinique!

on 10/24/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

My stapels! I have oily acne prone skin,and i hate sunscreen because its so greasy in my face,but with this i found out my skin is clearer and smoother,will repurchase this

on 10/11/2010 2:47:00 PM

I really love this product so far. I had been on a hunt for a new moisturizer and my conditions were: it has to have SPF, should be lightweight, and absorb well, easily. I was looking into other brands and more expensive. But the Clinique SA just reeled me in once I tried this product. SPF is higher than the usual 15, it is an anti-aging product, feels lightweight, absorbs well. I am happy to have found this product and not spend more $$ on something that is not even as good of a product.

on 10/6/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got myself this product when I turned 30, seeing that I should really get equipped with some serious cosmetic weapons against premature ageing. I got the combo oily creme, and was quite impressed with it. It feels quite heavy at first, but it is not in fact - sinks in well and does not clog pores (frequent problem with my skin). I also had a chance to thoroughly try out the SPF, which I must say got high grades: When hiking with a group of friends during the summer, we had quite bad weather one day, and nobody put on sunscreen. In the afternoon, weather changed dramatically, it got really hot (though windy) and we had to take off our overgarment, and of course, all of us got pretty sunburnt - necks, arms... and also the face - everybody except me, because I did put the Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 on my face in the morning! I did not reapply during the day which also means that the sun shield really lasts. And I am very sensitive to sunburn (my skin gets very red, irritated, with enlarged pores) so this result is really saying something.
Anyway, what I do not like so much about this product, is that it is not enough to moisturise on its own, you need to use the DDML or whatever else under, and also the jar is, as mentioned many times, traditional, but not very hygienic.
Overall, I cannot say this product is my HG, but I liked it a lot, and will probably repurchase for next summer if I cannot find something decidedly better.

on 9/22/2010 2:48:00 PM

I have purchased this tub a few times. I do like it.

REVIEW OF PRODUCT:
-Light texture, that blends easily
-leaves skin slightly shiny, but looks more "dewy" than greasy
-pleasant smell
-I find that it does burn slightly when I'm on Tazorac (acne medication)

Would repurchase

on 9/17/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 3rd jar of this product. When I first purchased it, years ago, during a hot summer, I got the formula for combo/oily skin (I think). I think Clinique may now have changed the formula ranges because my last 2 jars have been "combo/dry".

I have to say I am surprised by the low rating on this excellent product. It is pleasant to use (not heavy or greasy), has a pleasant texture and a clean, fresh scent (very light) and it combines good moisturising with a high level of sun protection (well, high enough for every day wear - this isn't meant for the beach in Bermuda). I use it every day and just purchased another jar when my local dept. store had their Clinique GWP event. I doubt I will ever be without this product.

GEEZ, folks. I was just looking on the Clinique site and they no longer have 2 versions of this (one for drier skin and one for oilier) and the SPF rating has been lowered from 25 to 20. I am going to have to find a replacement for this. I wish companies would not change the classics that some of us have come to rely on over the years.

on 9/11/2010 8:11:00 AM

I have the newer reformulated version of this cream. Superdefense spf 25/PA +++ dry combination made in UK. The sunscreen formulation is better and more stable with UVA protection than the old formula. No Sunscreen smell with this new one. I use this on my husband on days when he mostly stay indoors, or minimal sun exposure during summer, left him a little shiny on his combo/dry skin, during winter, his skin just drinks it up like water. The texture is smooth, not thick and not sticky, balance between light feeling and deep moisturizing, would make a great winter moisturizer for thirsty skin.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I got this as a gift and hence it is not the one for my specific skin type (combination oily), I got the one for combination dry. But I decided to try it anyway since my skin is a little dehydrated anyway and I need that decent SPF.
So I use it over the moisturizer from the 3step Anti-Blemish system that I bought, and I must say I am very impressed with it. Not only that it does not grease out my skin (and it could easily do this since more nourishing that my skin type requires) it gives it a certain little mattish glow and it smoothes the texture which makes it an optimal (the best I tried so far) foundation primer.
I love it! I also love the no-smell smell of it (I like that Clinique smell I must admit...) because l am a little fed up with all the fruity-smelling anti-oxidant creams from other companies, some are really too much for me too bear for daily use... they interfere with my perfume...

on 8/9/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive skin and breakout very easily in reaction to many products. This moisturizer does not cause my skin to breakout and I love how it feels when I put it on in the mornings. I purchased the formula for oily/combination skin and use it mostly in the fall/winter. I love that it does not contain fragrance but has a healthy dose of spf. I prefer this moisturizer over their DDL. Essentially, I'm paying $42.50 + tax for a standard moisturizer with moderate sun protection that does not irritate my face- no more, no less- which is fine by me. I don't believe this moisturizer is the source of fountain of youth (although my skin looks more even-toned), but I'm a realistic person who is not in constant pursuit for miracles.

My only gripe is the packaging. I hate putting my fingers into the jar even after I wash my hands.
I'm on my third jar and will be doing cartwheels when I see this on the counters in better packaging.

Popular Moisturizers