October 25, 2014 | 1355 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

I HAVE 3 OF THESE.
    favorite powder foundation
    i am 14 with barely any scars or problems, but this evens out my face wonderfully and covers up any imperfections.
    it has a spf 15. if you put this of with a powder or kabuki brush, you will not look cakey at all. beautiful coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder foundation. The color "Buff" is perfect, which might have to do with why I like it so much. When I apply it I can't really see it as it matches my skin so well. Other than the mattifying texture it gives the skin I'd be hard pressed to see where it and my skin met. It goes on quick and lasts quite long, especially considering this is an inexpensive drugstore/Walmart find that's been around forever. They used to have it available in more shades, but have got rid of the one's that didn't sell well, I guess. You may also brush this on as opposed to sponging it on for a sheerer look. Just make sure you don't use too large a brush with too soft hairs as you'll never get the required deposit this needs. Here's a little trouble I will go through (I'm a bit nutty I guess.) I will buy one shade darker than this color and I than take both and use a butter knife to remove both pots of their product. I do this atop a very smooth, clean surface (a large magazine page which has been coated over the paper to give the magazine a higher quality to it's feel. Vogue works well.) I then crush the two colors together using the butter knife until they are broken down and mixed together. I then dump the combined formula into a jar which has the removable plastic lid with the holes in it as you would find in a loose powder. I then replace the plastic lid w/holes and replace the screw down lid. I then shake so everything is even more mixed (MAC Stores sell these containers.) I use this by tapping the desired amount into the underside of the screw down lid and using a very firm Kabooki style brush apply it by buffing it into my skin. Because you have the control of how much powder to dump into the lid you control the coverage it gives you. The brush you use will also control coverage. The shorter more firm the hair the higher the deposit. The longer, softer the hair and you get less of a depost. I use the short/firm hair method. You can get more coverage and still have it look quite natural than you ever could just sponging it on in it's original pressed form. You also can really color refine the product to exactness of color tone for your skin. This product is cheap enough to do this as I would never attempt this with MAC's Studiofix. Studiofix's color range is varied enough to not have to resort to this, but I can still get more coverage this way than sponging on a standard shade of Studiofix. Both of the maybeline shades cost far less money than a single Studiofix when bought in Walmart plus you get twice the amount of product. Love it and Highly Recommend it even in it's regular form and usage. This miz is used when I become slightly darker in the Summer though I can get away with it no matter the season.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Paigexoleanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll start off saying that I have oily/acne prone skin that I have been on the search for makeup that works with my skin forever!!!! And then this product came into my life.. My skin has cleared up alot but i do have dark acne scars and a pimple here and there.
    My makeup rountine with this product: Wash my face, and use revlon photoready face primer, then use maybelline superstay 24hr concealer, and then maybelline pure stay foundation, and this gives me a flawless face with no oil!
    This product has medium coverage which i think you can build upon depending on what you are applying it with. I personally love the sponge it comes with and use that 99% of the time. It controls oil amazingly. Does not look to powdery or cakey. Overall great product and will be using it for a looong time.
    The coverage is so good that i can apply a primer and this foundation and go right out the door, which I felt like i could never do before and like i said i have no where near perfect skin!
    The price is great i think i got mine around $6 at walmart. The packaging could be a little better, it looks a little oldschool, but oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by orangelatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price, this powder foundation provides very good coverage and SPF 15. One of the shades also works for my skin tone really well. The problem with this product is how oily I get after a few hours. I have always kept this compact powder foundation in my purse for touch-ups but I never noticed how much oilier my skin gets from it until I actually tried using it for a full day. It was noticeably oilier than when I used my MUFE duo mat (my HG!). I have combination skin with oily forehead/nose, but dry spots on cheeks, and some redness/uneven skin tone. Again, this foundation provides GREAT coverage and looks very nice on me... but the oily feeling I get as the day wears on is not good. I guess my skin can only take lighter powders/foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by prettyinbeantown76

I love this powder!!! It has great coverage, matches my NC30 skin perfectly and stays on all day!!!

I had read reviews about this a while ago on here and bouht ibut for some reason it sat in my car for a while. I was out all day yesterday and forgot my makeup so decided to pull this out. I was not really expecting anything from it but it really surprised me! I have sensitive combo skin and though I felt like I may need a teeny bit of a touchup later in the day it stayd on. It evened out my skin and made it look flawless which is a word I have never used describing any powder or foundation. AND I love the price! love love love it! will def purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! It can be very cakey, but that can be easily fixed with a good primer. The color match is spot on! I wear 20 Buff, and it's the first drugstore foundation I've tried that's light with yellow undertones; I always had a difficult time finding a match b/c most drugstore brands have pale foundations that are way too pink for me. The coverage is surprisingly decent for a powder, though I like to conceal first on days when I have bad breakouts. I have extremely oily, acne prone skin; this foundation doesn't irritate or break me out.. though the oilies still come through, I can always reapply; it's much better than wearing liquid and having a greasy mess on my face!! Worth the purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ItsAmandaYall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have super oily skin and used liquid foundation since I can remember, at first I used this powder to blot over my liquid foundation to stop the oil. When I ran out of my regular foundation I decided to give this a try alone. I was surprised how much it covered, my skin is redish and was worried it wouldn't cover everything. It also matches my skin tone 110% I am pale and with other foundations it's either too pale or orange. The one thing that sucks it in the morning my skin is dry and the powder sticks and my skin looks flaky. BUT, it was 75 degrees out in Houston, TX and I was sure my "face" would melt off but when I came inside my usually oily skin is still dry! And for about $5-$6 it's less expensive than my usual $8-$12 liquid foundation, plus I don't have to worry about getting my fingers full of foundation and the bottle leaking. Also, I've been using the sponge it came with and it's kinda dry and crackly looking but still usable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been searching & searching for an amazing foundation that would cover all of my dark red acne scars. I prefer powder over liquid because my skin is an oily mess. I saw this for only $6 & decided to give it a try being that I've tried everything else from drug stores & was still searching. Nothing to lose for $6 right? I absolutely loved it as soon as I put it on. It gave me full coverage, completely covered all my scars & made my skin look smooth & flawless. The best way to apply it is with the sponge it comes with. I wish I could find those exact sponges sold somewhere. It's the best, softest sponge I've ever used. I was in complete love! However, that did not last long. My face broke out in HUGE (I do mean HUGE) cystic pimples. I've worked extremely hard on keeping my acne at bay being that I've struggled with it for years & this completely brought it all back. Two months later here I am still trying to heal from the break out this make up caused. It's a shame because I had finally found everything I wanted in a powder foundation. I gave it a 5 because it honestly deserves that. If I didn't break out the way I did, I would still be using it & this would be my HG foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MeganIsNotMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be my HG foundation. It covers beautifully, fast application, makes my skin look smooth and firm, and lasts. Although if you apply too much it can look and feel really cakey. And the packaging is awful. The packaging is so ugly that I'm actually embarrassed to take it out in public. But it's magic so I'll continue purchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by dishwaterblondie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for years and hope it is never discontinued! I always stray from it to try a new liquid or powder foundation but nothing measures up to this. My skin is combination,blotchy, sensitive and I am very fair.
    This maybelline powder foundation evens out my skin tone and lasts almost all day. never breaks me out or irritates my skin in any way. I always get compliments on my nice skin when I use this. The color match is perfect for me.

You can usually get it BOGO 50% off at most drugstores