Cle de Peau Cream Foundation

3.9

Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, talc, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, dimethicone copolyol, sodium glutamate, dextrin palmitate, nylon-12, boron nitride, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl dipalmitate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, glycine soja, palmitic acid, mica, quaternium-18, isopropyl alcohol, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum distearate, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, polysilicone-5, methicone, linalool, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, benzyl benzoate, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance, CI77891, CI77492, CI77491, CI77499.

on 7/16/2007 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

see libralibra's comment....it's pretty much how I feel about this product, word for word. Very unnatural looking, very pink cast.

on 7/13/2007 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I didn't purchase this (God forbid you ever try to return anything at Sak's or Neiman Marcus). This review is based on two separate applications at the store.. It looked awful--totally artificial, a heavy mask. And to think it is $110. It looked obvious that I was wearing foundation, just too unnatural. No thanks. I will stick to my Armani.

on 7/1/2007 12:49:00 AM

I love this foundation, but only because I discovered the secret to wearing it well. When I first put it on, over bare skin, it looked like kabuki makeup, and it highlighted my fine lines and pores. I was appalled! The second time I applied it, I put it on over Trish McEvoy primer. Wow. It glided over my skin and had the most wonderful soft-focus finish, a little powdery but still very natural looking, not heavy or opaque at all. I only used a tiny bit, it's amazing how far this stuff goes. The third time I applied it, I put it on over my Sofina sunscreen in Nuance (it has a very slight pink tone). Again, it had the same effect as when I put it on my bare skin, although maybe less heavy looking with more pore highlighting. I haven't tried this foundation over one of the CDP primers yet, but I bet it looks fabulous.

I tried the I00 (I for Ivory). It's their lightest color, and believe me, it's *very* light. I'm an NW15 and this was too light for me. I plan to try the I10 next. The I00 concealed the pink tones in my skin to some extent without adding any yellowness, like the lightest Shiseido foundations do. I look flawless, as long as I wear a primer underneath. Without primer, or with too heavy a hand, this looks awful, IMO. In fact, I think most of the CDP MAs I've seen wearing this look like they have a mask on. Yuck.

I don't like the jar, it's difficult to use if you're getting down toward the bottom, and you would think it would be more attractive. Other than that and the price, this foundation is wonderful, as long as you apply it correctly.

on 6/28/2007 6:27:00 PM

I have been wearing Clinique Continuous Coverage for years, but as my skin is aging, it began to feel heavy, and I felt like every line, wrinkle, etc was the focal point of my face. I tried Bare Essentials because the commercials looked so good, and I returned it within a week because it made me look dead. I read every review of good coverage foundations posted on this site, and decided to try the Cle de peau. I do not regret it at all, even the expense. A little goes a long way, the color matched perfectly, and I feel like I don't even have makeup on. I have combination skin, some acne scarring, deep forehead wrinkles, yet my skin looks better than it did 5-6 years ago. This blends beautifully and lasts all day. If you're looking for a change, take the plunge...........it's well worth it. :)

on 6/24/2007 9:00:00 AM

i was trying to find Covermark's hermal essence foundation but its not sold in the U.S. so i gave this a try. Its a bit heavy, a little bit goes a long way. Coverage is very good. But the packaging is terrible and extremely inconvenient, price is very very expensive. I think i'll buy it again (if i don't get a chance to go to asia to stock up Covermark -- if you've tried covermark before, this cle de peau is a very similar fondation), then i'll get this again. So far, its great at covering up my acne red marks and doesn't break me out.

on 6/1/2007 1:33:00 PM

This foundation was a bit disappointing for me - it doesn't provide a flawless finish on my skin that would be expected for its very high price tag. However, my skin generally does not take well to most foundations and usually looks better without (I only use foundation for small areas/spot treatments). Surprisingly, The Body Shop "ultra smooth foundation" works just as well for me for a much lower price.

I tried/used so many fdts (Guerlain issima antiaging, divinora; Chanel teint innocence and vitalumiere; BB moisture rich and luminizing; Sue Devitt whipped; Shu Uemura water perfect; Chantecaille future skin; Stephane Marais cream; Kanebo cream finish, etc.) but this one still remains as my favourite fdt, together with chantecaille and stephane marais (chantecaille lighter and more glowy than CdP, SM somewhere in between two). I have dry skin, and it is one of the few foundations which do not dry out my skin without being greasy. I can use it comfortably in winter/summer. It has almost a cream to powder consistency. I do not need concealer/ powder with this. I also feel that it is gentle on skin unlike some other fdts I tried. It never broke me out or irritated my sensitive skin. It looks matt directly after I apply itbut after a few minutes, it melts into the skin and looks very polished without being unnatural. It is very densely pigmented but if you apply carefully (with sponge), you can also achieve a natural look. As other reviewers said, it is important to use a small amount. However, if you're allergic to talc, it may irritate your skin because it lists talc as one of the first ingredients. It works best on well moisturized skin: if your skin is flakey, it will emphasize it.

**Update May 2008** I bought this foundation again, and somehow I am not that happy anymore. It looks great when I apply it but after a few hours it oxidizes (orange) on my skin and turns rather greasy. I don't know why. My skin is less dry nowadays than years before, so that may be the reason. For this price I would not repurchase this fdt again.

on 5/5/2007 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful foundation that I have used so far. It works for all skin types despite the fact that it's a cream foundation. The price is expensive but you get what you pay for and it lasts you a long time since you only need very very little to achieve a flawless finish. The key thing here is application techniques. If you apply the foundation wrong, it'll look cakey and unnatural. My perfect match is an O20 and I have never been happier with any other foundation. My skin is super oily, acne-prone, easily break out, very hard to find a foundation that works. But finally Cle De Peau Cream Foundation works for me, and it works so well.

on 3/12/2007 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a dream foundation! It absolutely leaves me glowing without looking MADE UP. My skin is also extremely dry and I have a lot of redness from eczema, but some moisturizing beforehand completely makes the face flawless and no trace of my irritated spots! Definately worth the money.

on 2/14/2007 10:30:00 AM

Too bad i've oily skin but i really love this foundation a lot. Can't say if it's worth it's price but it should be good for dry skin gals.
Excellent colour match and coverage. Dont have much to complain.

Popular Crème Foundations