April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by TattooedBeauty90

I was super excited when I bought this. I have this in Dark Brown and it's the perfect color for my brows but the tinted gel is horrible. You have to be careful when using this! It leaves a white pastey look on your brows even if you just use a light hand. You can't tell from far away, but up close yes....and it's just doesn't look good. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by fr3d420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brow Fantasy worked ok for me. It didnt blow my mind but this is only the second brow product I've tried. I got Dark Blonde. Everything was great, pencil & gel. I didn't have any troubles with gel flaking. I think I should've gotten a darker color though. Seeing the mostly good reviews it's gotten on here, I might actually do that now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been keeping this in my makeup bag to use in a hurry and its been working great! I have this in the dark blonde shade and it looks very natural. I like the gel that comes with it, it doesn't make my eyebrows crunchy or wet looking which is awesome! Some of the other reviews I have read said that the pencil side is too thick or wide and I don't really see that as a problem if you just keep it sharp and use a light hand. Definitely worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On my 3rd tube! I have naturally white-blonde brows so I dye them with Refectocil Dark Brown. I do not use the brow pencil because I don't want my brows too dark, so I only use the gel. The gel alone gives me a slightly deeper color (barely noticeable) and keeps the brows in place all day. I've used MAC brow pencil in Fling, and MAC brow gel in Beguille -- yet I still find myself coming back to this drugstore product. Since I am so pale, it is hard to find a product that isn't too dark, so that's why I continue to stick with Revlon's Brow Fantasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I purchased the Revlon Brow Fantasy pencil and gel in dark brown at Walmart. I don't love the product but I also don't hate it. The shade for this pencil seemed to match my brows as perfectly as I could imagine. What I dislike about the pencil though, is how short is and also, the crayon itself if a bit wide and I find that I do look like I filled in my brows cause the pencil is took wide to recreate hair-like strokes. The gel that comes with this pencil/ gel combo is tinted and therefore does add a bit of extra colour to your brows. It does work quite well to hold the brows in place and keep the filled in lines, set. As for personal preference, I found when I used this product that I do not like to use gel on my brows since it makes them too intense for my liking and not very natural and unfortunately the pencil on its own does not hold up. As I moved through the day using just the pencil I noticed that the areas of my eyebrows that I filled in were gone so if you're planning on using the pencil on its own, save your money and but another pencil that will hold up without gel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The idea behind this product: You have a gel in pencil together that saves room in your makeup bag. This makes my eyebrows look amazing. I don´t have sparse brows but I find boldening them up a bit balances my features, and makes my makeup look more polished.The pencil is a natural dark brown shade and the gel is lightly tinted with the same coloring. The price is $8.00 or so for the produt, which is great compared to a lot of the products I see on the market.

My only problems with it lie in the size of the pencil and the textures of the product. One, the pencil is the size of the average thumb. Right now, my pencil is almost out while the gel side is almost completely full. So, basically, I´ll be buying more eyebrow gel, and not use it. Two, when I try to do very bold eyebrow look, a la Maria Felix, the two textures don´t seem to work. At all. I have to deposit a lot of the gel back into the slot because the spoolie deposits too much product.

Overall, this is a great product for the price, and a great choice if you find you just need to groom your eyebrows, and not fill them in. The gel looks great by itself and great for ¨natural¨days. Just be aware that for those looking to fill in their brows, you are getting less pencil in the long run with this product. Unless you want your vanity or makeup drawer (trunk,closet, or room as it is with some of you :P ) filling with unnecessary amounts of brow gel, look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used twist up pencils from Cover Girl and Tarte previously. I use mainly the gel from this duo, but the pencil does work well for me. I prefer the look I get from gel - I want to make my brows defined, but not overly so, for daytime. This is a great product, and the price is extremely reasonable. I'm usually not a huge fan of drugstore products, but I have already purchased a backup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. Presently on my second tube. I haven't had any of the issues with the gel getting crusty. My only complaints are with the packaging quality. Once opened, the plastic lid to the pencil doesn't want to stay on. Also, because the pencil is attached, once it gets toward the bottom, you can't really sharpen it. Wish the brow gel were clear instead of tinted, but again, that's trivial compared to the fact that the dark brown shade perfectly fits the color of my brows and that the gel keeps brows in place. Will continue to buy unless I find a better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, simple, uncomplicated brow and pencil duo. I have had this for ages and it still works great. Teh dark brown is a perfect match for my eyebrows nd does a good job of filling in some sparse areas. It also gives my eyebrows a terrific set. Th epencil edge works just as great as my Mac eyebrow pencil which i bought for loads more.

Great staple product to own.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

It's a decent eyebrow pencil, although you don't get much. I have dark brown since my hair is black at the moment, so I'm not going to complain about the colour. The brow gel is okay, the first time it was great, kept my hairs in place and everything! Now that I've had this pencil for a couple of months, the brow gel is now drying up I assume, and it's becoming less effective. It won't keep my hairs in place, maybe for about 20 mins? That's all. I can barely use the gel anymore, and I still have like, half the pencil left. I dropped this a couple times on the floor, and the cap of the pencil is cracked and the lid won't stay put. I didn't realize this until the inside of my makeup bag had pencil marks everywhere. I wouldn't buy this again since I want to try to Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil and try their clear mascara as a brow gel.