Revlon Brow Fantasy

Pencil Contains: Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Gel Contains: Isododecane, Dimethicone, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Polysilicone-6, Paraffin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/6/2012 11:39:00 PM

I got this at the pharmacy (drug store for the Americans out there) yesterday for only $5, they were in the discount basket and boy should I have bought more!

Shade: Light brown

Texture - the texture of the pencil, for me, I find is quite stiff and not so creamy

Pigmentation - the pigmentation is average, it's not true to the outside of the pencil on first swipe but you can build it up. You have to press quite firmly if you want it the colour of the outside of the pencil because of the stiffness I was talking about earlier. I personally like this because you get more feathery strokes and a more natural colour.

Packaging - The packaging's convenient having the gel and pencil together. You may not think it's a big deal, in my bathroom products are not reached so easily and when you're in a hurry to get out the door (i.e. everyday for me ha ha) it's just nice having the gel right there after the pencil.
I don't think the packaging is especially lush looking, at first I even thought it was cheap looking, but it's grown on me and it's a very convenient and gadget looking.

Lasting power - I haven't worn this for a whole day out yet, but I don't need to. I did a few swatches of it on my hand when I opened it, and the swatches were difficult to rub off! ;) They really stayed in place and in fading, they didn't smudge, only faded in colour.

I think that's all I have to say about the product, I like the control you have over pencils and they can usually be too pigmented but this colour and the way the colour comes off is perfect. With the brow powder I have, I actually find that it's a little difficult to achieve a natural colour sometimes because of deciding how much powder on your brush is appropriate and you have to concentrate on creating natural strokes and directing the pencil in the right direction - at the same time. While with this, the colour is sorted for you and the directing is just as easy, if not easier because it's harder to make a pigmented mistake. Also with this product, I achieve a natural looking brow in the end, it can never go darker than a certain shade and it's very even looking because of the pigmentation of it. It's really easy to achieve a thin/polished brow if desired, unlike powders which I can find feather a bit and make my brows lose their shape.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have chocolate brown hair with natural red highlights and I bought the shade "Light Brown."

This product has both good and bad qualities. First of all I love that it has both a tinted brow gel and a brow pencil. You can use each side separately for a more natural, understated brow or you can use them together for a nice defined look. But it is quite pricey for a drugstore product (just under $10 here).

The pencil is a good texture, nicely pigmented and waxy and great for catching onto the brows. The formula allows it to hold up very well through the summer heat (even without the brow gel to set) and looks very natural. The Light Brown color works perfectly for my coloring, just a shade or two lighter than my natural hair color, which is an effect that I've grown to really like.

The brow gel, while it is a great idea, is severely lacking in quality. I normally love brow gels because they're effortless and allow you to tame and lightly define your brows in one quick, easy step. The pigmentation with this product is good; not too heavy, not too light and perfect for a very natural "my brows but better" look. On initial application the brow gel is very nice, either alone or applied over the pencil. But in only a few minutes the gel becomes very, very stiff and dry, causing a chalky look. Eventually the dryness leads to the product flaking and, unfortunately, causing you to look like you've got dandruff on your eyebrows.

I wanted to love this product because it is difficult to find a drugstore tinted brow gel, but sadly this falls short of my expectations. And for a drugstore product, this is certainly overpriced, especially considering the quality. I gave this two lippies because the pencil is fair quality, but I don't recommend spending your money on this product. A much better alternative are the ELF Brow Kits. They don't have the brow gel that I'm so fond of, but their wax/powder combinations are lovely and much better quality than the Revlon Brow Fantasy.

on 6/18/2012 9:53:00 AM

Finally! A DS product that keeps my unruly brows in place. I have issues with one eyebrow in particular that is always messed up due to my hair falling across my face. I've used several different brow products were never able to keep my brows set.

I have medium/dark brown hair and I chose the light brown color because I don't favor really dark brows on myself. The color is perfect and looks very natural.

The pencil side of the product is great. Not extremely waxy, not too stiff. Just right.

The gel side is also great at keeping my unruly brows in place; however i do have one complaint. And I don't know if I just got a weird batch or if all of them smell this way, but I think the gel smells exactly like cat urine. 0___0

on 5/24/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Lovely-i have it in the ash blonde though i have dark hair- i don't use a lot but it makes a big difference. I used it on my sister n her brows looked soft and natural. Very good product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in Brunette and the pencil turned out to be wayy too light..Like a medium golden brown instead of the color of the actual pencil so it really didn't do much for me, the pencil is also very short like half of a regular pencil although i'm sure thats just because the gel/pencil are double sided. The gel wears pretty good and it keeps my eyebrows from moving around. If you use a little too much your eyebrow hair can feel a little crusty with the gel on but if you just blend them with a spoolie brush then itll look fine. I might buy this in a darker color and see if I like it any better

I love this product! The ease of use is amazing. I love the gel that comes with it. With my eyebrows pencils usually never stays on so I always need gel. The gel comes in a matching color so it doesn't look dirty as opposed to clear brow gel. On days I don't use the specific pencil I still use the gel. It doesn't have a brow brush, but with the gel wand I don't need it. The darker colors tend to be very pigmented for brows so a light hand is suggested. After so many different pencils and gels for my brows I finally found the one. My hg brow product.

I was super excited when I bought this. I have this in Dark Brown and it's the perfect color for my brows but the tinted gel is horrible. You have to be careful when using this! It leaves a white pastey look on your brows even if you just use a light hand. You can't tell from far away, but up close yes....and it's just doesn't look good. I won't be buying this again.

on 4/3/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Brow Fantasy worked ok for me. It didnt blow my mind but this is only the second brow product I've tried. I got Dark Blonde. Everything was great, pencil & gel. I didn't have any troubles with gel flaking. I think I should've gotten a darker color though. Seeing the mostly good reviews it's gotten on here, I might actually do that now.

on 3/24/2012 2:06:00 PM

I've been keeping this in my makeup bag to use in a hurry and its been working great! I have this in the dark blonde shade and it looks very natural. I like the gel that comes with it, it doesn't make my eyebrows crunchy or wet looking which is awesome! Some of the other reviews I have read said that the pencil side is too thick or wide and I don't really see that as a problem if you just keep it sharp and use a light hand. Definitely worth trying!

on 3/14/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

On my 3rd tube! I have naturally white-blonde brows so I dye them with Refectocil Dark Brown. I do not use the brow pencil because I don't want my brows too dark, so I only use the gel. The gel alone gives me a slightly deeper color (barely noticeable) and keeps the brows in place all day. I've used MAC brow pencil in Fling, and MAC brow gel in Beguille -- yet I still find myself coming back to this drugstore product. Since I am so pale, it is hard to find a product that isn't too dark, so that's why I continue to stick with Revlon's Brow Fantasy.

Popular Brows Products