October 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even #2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a little on the fence with this product despite using it for several months. I've recently starting putting it only on my nose which tends to get a bit red as the day goes on. I'm fair (Stila 30 watts) and this shade is pretty good on me (#1 would be far too light), but does look a little yellow to my eye when it's on some areas of my skin.
UPDATE: Giving this an extra lippie as it's now summer here, and the colour looks much more natural on me now I've got a bit of a tan (can wear all over my face). I have also found that I get a more natural application when I apply this with a brush rather than the supplied puff which tends to put the product on too densely.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:39:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit421

I bought this with high hopes, and I LOVE benefit... but I DONT LIKE THIER FACE STUFF!!! The color SURPRISINGLY WORKED!!! I have a VERY hard time finding a face color that works for me, so I was shocked when this did. It covers great, and goes on nice, but doesnt stay on very long at all (EVEN with a Primer underneath) After a few hours it looked like I had NOTHING on my face at all. It just dissapeared!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by moonchita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really really good powder. I have an oily T zone and red undertones to my skin and this sorts out both very effectively. I was sick and tired of powders that look great when you first apply them and then wear off an hour later, leaving a nice shiny patch on the nose! This, on the other hand, stays put all flipping day (yes- all day!!) which I am very impressed with. It also had a yellow tinge which counteracts a rosey complexion which for me is ideal. My usual HG powder is La Mer loose powder which is the sweetest, silkiest and lightest powder I have ever experienced and looks amazing but the problem is because its so light it doesn't last that long. Get even has amazing lasting power and could very well be my new HG...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

i really like how this product evens out my skin making it look much better than what it really is. i don't use the sponge, i just use a fan brush and it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I have sensitive dehydrated combination skin and this is my HG powder foundation. I use it with my Nars Kabuki and buff it into my skin and it gives me perfect natural coverage while hiding all my redness (It's yellow-toned). It's doesn't accentuate flakey parts and I use MAC Blot throughout the day for my T-zone. Highly reccommended, I've even hit pan and I'll buy another one when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ramiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG powders I use everyday! I have extremely sensitive and oily acne prone skin with some scarring. I need something that gives me full coverage and I get exactly that from this powder. Since its a powder its less heavy feeling and it doesnt clog my pores. Its hard for me to find stuff that gives me full coverage without bothering my skin. This sops up oil but it can get cakey if applied too heavily. Everyday I moisturize, conceal and then use this powder. I reapply throughout the day. It is a little pricey and I use mine up real quick since I use it so often, but its worth it for the amount of coverage you get. Def would buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by allxdolledxup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff puts a black hole in my wallet (it's like $37 cdn, insane!) but because of the all the good reviews i decided to buy it. I have no. 2 which i guess is the shade that most ppl are (i'm sorta fair chinese-filipino) this power is okay. i get really oily and i have noticed that it's fixed that problem a little (note that the longest i've worn this is 4 hours though). it tends to cling to flakies on the skin but i think all powders do that. i have really oily skin so i don't even know why i have flakies. i think if you have pretty decent skin this would be almost perfect for it.
i have some redness and it did help with that, helps a teeny weensy bit with oversized pores but not really.
blot with blotting sheets before reapplying because you'll get a cakey effect.
i liked the packaging - sleek and black - haven't had the powder break on me yet but i've had it for less than a week.
the colour is a little bit on the light side but it's barely noticeable.
i wear this without foundation which is the reason why i wanted a powder.
i'd normally buy this again if it were less but i definitely cannot afford to repurchase - after i finish this one, i'm gunna go back and get the clinique perfectly real powder makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by dangerpuss

I've never used a powder before and only tried this because of an instore promotion where I got a free mini-makeover. I had seen this product in magazines and things but didn't really believe it would be any good and I thought it would be really obvious and heavy.
However! The lady applied it to only half of my face, really lightly as I said I didn't use foundation or powder and didn't want anything heavy, I instantly could notice the difference and loved it!
I have combination skin, acne prone, shiny up top and dry down the bottom...very hard to look after! I was worried as to my knowledge it's talc based so should clog pores. I bought it anyway thinking I could use it when I go out on special occasions.
Since then, I wear it everyday, have had no more breakouts than usual and EVERYONE comments on how great my skin is, even my boyfriend who sees me day in and day out. He doesn't think I have anything on! So, a light dusting with a nice powder brush gives me a flawless face, matte yet dewy and so, so even! I love it!
Only con I can see is the price and the fact that if it's put on heavy it gets a bit obvious.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice stuff. It is a bit too soft and finishes so very quickly, but I think i'll be sticking to this as my powder for now.. Applied lightly with a big sephora brush, it looks good. The packaging looks nice but the closing has become loose and wont keep shut :/ I know for a fact that if i drop this it will crumble as its so soft! As did happen with my MAC studio fix :( but i'm still trying out powders, just not too sure if they are good for me as it really shows up on the hairs of my face :/ Anyone else have this problem?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by tracyltrust

I've read the reviews for each shade of this. I think that those of you who are complaining of a "chalky" like appearance may be using too light of a shade or too much product. I find this product works best when I use it by itself. It is somewhat opaque and works to cover my blemishes, discolorations and undereye circles. If you have very oily skin I would recommend using a mattifying primer underneath this rather than trying to "pile" it on to cotrol shine. Also f you use a foundation underneath you are sure to get more of a caked on look. My skin is combination and before I apply this I use my 2% Paulas Choice BHA and moiturize where I need it. I use a light moisturizing primer to smooth out my pores and fines lines. A light dusting of this with a Kabuki or densely bristled face brush gives light coverage, an second dusting for more coverage. You can actually use a concealer or eyeshadow brush to post conceal (swipe the brush across the Get Even compact)
If you apply it this way and you need to blot during the day you could use this product for touchups but I would recommend blotting with a tissue very lightly first. If you still have shine you can then blot with the powder lightly.
As far as the yellowish tone goes this is very BEST for neutral skin tones, or those with yellow undertones. Yellow actually works to neutralize purple or grey colors like undereye circles or "drab" looking skin. But the opaque characteristic of this does subdue red spots as well.
As with any makeup the secret to the perfect finish is proper skin care, including at least weekly exfoliation and a chemical exfoliant (such as BHA or AHA). Moisture is essential, for oiler skin a lightweight non-greasy moisturizer will control oil better than harsh stripping products (esp. containing alcohol,witch hazel, ouch!) A primer to smooth out skin and meets your skins needs (moisture or oil control) also allows the product to perform at its best.
That said I have found this product by Benefit to be wonderful! It gives the skin an even, natural finish that keeps oil at bay and won't overdry dryer skins provided you take goodcare of your skin! The price is on the higher side but this compact should last you forever if you use it as described above. Not to mention it should replace the need to purchase liquid foundation all together.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No