Versace Crystal Noir

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

"Crystal Noir" sounds more classy than this smell is on me. I DO like it and has therefore rated it 4.
This opens spicy and smoky, sweet, like some expensive oriental soap, but the drydown is... tropical, which reminds me of night beach parties. So there IS "noir", but there's no crystal. It smells kinda coconut and sandalwood and something like flowery chocolate. This is a scent I think one needs to try on before buying because there are a lot of different strong notes, and the body chemistry decides which one will be the main ones. Another thing the smell get strongly influenced by is what you already have on your skin: if I spray this on dry skin, it smells tropic, if I spray it on right after showering, it smells quite masculine and woodsy. This is also a quite heavy smell, so those getting head aches from perfumes will not like this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I seriously think I've found my signature scent. I've never really cared about my perfumes. I usually just stuck to Chanel No. 5 Paris but, I've got a few sprays left and I realized its just too powdery and too old fashioned for me. After trying 100 different perfumes I realized I don't care for fruity, powdery, or flowery scents all too much. I love the oriental smells, spicy, cedary, amber like. But, none of the perfumes that I consider to be those things did it for me until I found this gem.

I love everything about Versace Crystal Noir. I love the packaging. I love the dark translucent bottle and huge rock of cap.
The smell is amazing and I think really suits me perfectly. This smell has just the right amount of flowery and powdery undertones that keep the rich deep smells of the amber and cedar from being too overpowering which I found to be an issue with other perfumes...opium mainly....
The price however is really too high but, I'll splurge. I love it THAT MUCH.

If you are looking for a mysterious and sexy scent that doesn't smell like anything else. This is it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love thick, sensual frags so when I saw this, I thought this would be another contender. The opening is thick, creamy gardenia with some woods to tone down the floral note. The drydown turns into bug spray on me. It also seems like a heavy blanket of oil and leather. Def a warm scent. I don't think it's worth a full bottle. I'll try a sniff again when the weather cools up.

The bottle looks beautiful - all dark and full of promises of a sensual frag. The spray cover is nice looking but awkward to hold when removed. Too big to hold in my hand as I spray it on. Maybe it's just my awkward self…

Update: Been sniffing this some more during cooler weather. I love the coconut mixed with the woods. Will be upping my overall rating from 2 to 3. Is on my buy-list (not at top though).

My experience with the perfume has been through a friend, and I have to say it is absolutely perfect for her. She is a very petite girl with dark hair and bright green eyes, so this mysterious, interesting scent really complements her look. But personally, it's not for me and I am typically very fond of heavy, dark orientals.

So, to sum it up: the scent is great, if you can pull it off. It's like an eccentric accessory.

Oh and...I get a whiff of pickles in it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like it, but I'm not in love. A little less powder, a little more staying power, and I might be :)

love it it's soo sexy and clean.. yes clean.. nowadays I'm addicted to this scent

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely a fragrance for getting dressed up and going out! Maybe a little strong for daytime wear, although used lightly it may be okay. I smell the coconut as others have mentioned. I think the name is very fitting because it definitely has a "dark" tone to it. I like the fancy bottle, as well.... looks good on my fragrance tray. Overall I would recommend trying it!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this perfume! It's musky and dark- it reminds me a little bit of NR For Her EDT except with a bit of fruit and coconut. A perfect evening scent for summer. But WTF is up with the bottle? The lid is enormous and heavy and incredibly tacky. I actually took a lippie off because I hate it that much. I would still repurchase for the fragrance if I ever ran out, but this bottle is definitely not going on display on my vanity!

I am always on the lookout for interesting new fragrances and as I often overlook Versace scents I was keen to try this out. Many reviews have noted the underlying coconut note so I thought this might be an interesting perfume. Sadly it isn't very 'noir' as it is actually quite light on me, the main issue for me is that it smells very similar to Sensuous Nude on my skin and as I already own that fragrance there is no point having both is my collection. Back to the search for that elusive signature scent!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my 'signature' scent! I can honestly say that 'every' time I wear this perfume I get stopped and complimented on how great I smell - I have even had random men stop me to ask what I'm wearing because they want to buy it for their wives/girlfriends etc - I consider that a huge compliment. There is just something with how this scent reacts to my body chemistry that makes this work for me so well. I will forever wear Crystal Noir!!!

Popular Fragrances