October 22, 2014 | 1758 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this as an emergency product when I couldn't find my usual go-to foundation.

Pros: very mattifying, even with my super oily skin I didn't have to blot at all through 6 hours of wear. Has a nice glow to it. Cheap.

Cons: Magnifies lines and wrinkles that I never even knew I had (actually, Za's true white foundation pointed them out for me) to the point of looking ridiculously old for my age. Made my skin texture look rough and flaky. Broke me out. Too fiddly, as I had to apply it wet with a brush and it takes more time than convenient. I just wanted something I could pat on with a sponge and forget.

Overall opinion: My skin looks better naked than it does with this foundation, so if I ever get caught out again I'll just go natural and blot.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by iamtheanonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally use liquid foundation on a daily basis but got this to have a more portable foundation which is easy to touch up. I don't have good skin, a lot of redness and hyperpigmented scars and unevenness. The good thing about this foundation is that it's coverage is medium if you use the sponge. I could cover the redness and hyperpigmented areas easily (no concealer needed). The packaging is nice too, and the sponge is good quality. It lasted about 4-5 hours before needing a touch up. But the bad stuff: it really emphasised the unevenness of my skin, emphasised large pores, flakiness, minor lines especially in the area around the eyes and forehead and it caked over my chin and nose if I dusted these areas with a large powder brush more than once (it caked immediately with the sponge). All of these problems disappear instantly however when applying it wet especially with a stippling brush. I'm still not impressed, since my original intention was for a more easy application and having to wet a brush or sponge defeats the purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ran out of Bare Minerals, so I had no choice to use this. I bought it awhile back and forgot I had it. It's awesome! The coverage is great. I had no idea how good this stuff is. I use it as a powder. I just pat it on my "troubled" areas and it barely looks like I have makeup on. I chose #22 and I'm pretty fair skinned. No breakouts and it passed my "2 week test." I can tell if makeup is gonna give me zits by 1 week and nothing so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

Allow me to state this now: This is my absolute favorite, near-HG powder foundation and so far, I have found no other brand that can remotely compare to it. I can wax lyrical about this for days--the shade (I have shade #21) matches my skin perfectly, the powder gives a silky, refined and even finish, whether you use the sponge dry or wet or even if you apply it with a brush, and for some inexplicable reason, my complexion is bathed in a 'glow' whenever I wear it! No matter what the lighting condition is, it will make your skin look practically flawless but sans the 'I'm-wearing-foundation' look. Also, even if you forget to blot during sunnier days, it won't make you look like an oilslick, the powder will simply increase your 'glow'. Love it!
I suppose my only gripe is that I have to travel to other Asian countries like Hong Kong, Malaysia or Singapore to purchase this, but hey, small price to pay for such a tremendously fab product, right? I'm definitely hoarding 3-4 pieces of this next time I travel!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by pinknyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first foundation i ever owned many years ago. Tried it cuz of the rave from my frens. But the product is pretty dissappointing. This clogged my pores and cause breakouts. Also, the shade looks a little too white for me and caused me to look ghostly in photos. Although coverage is pretty good, it will make me look cakey if i over apply. Also, it accentuate the flakiness in my skin if i didnt mositurise before using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ginnygordon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG powder foundation! I had been using diorsnow powder foundation and I was quite happy with it until I found this, which works better for me and is about a quarter of the price. I have slightly oily/combo skin and I am starting to get fine lines around my eyes. This foundation provides good coverage (medium to full - I can skip concealer unless I want my dark eye circles completely disguised), is mattifying, and feels soft and natural on the face. Even with a generous hand, this doesn't look powdery and fake. I am pretty fair and I use the lighest shade (20), and while it is a little more yellow-toned than my skin, it helps to counteract the pinkness in my cheeks and redness due to blemishes. I have already gone through one powder and I am on my second. I also have 3 backups (absolutely unheard of for me). If I use this with Shiseido spf 55 lotion, I don't have to blot or reapply, but if I use it with a different sunscreen underneath, I need to blot once or twice a day - we'll see how it holds up in the really hot summer weather (I'll update). I have absolutely no complaints about his product, except that it is hard for me to get (many thanks to a very sweet MUAer who helped me get this foundation).
Edit: I am still using it after going through 4 refills and I have *several* more refills on the way! It is still hg (even though I can't help but try new foundations every once in a while) and it beats all other foundations I have tried so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ainokami

bought this 2-way powder foundation after all the raves from the local magazines. Thought of giving it a try as the descriptions of the product sounds so convincing...
Don't think it gives good coverage at all. Too powdery for my liking. I tried applying with wet sponge and it still looked very very powderish. I preferred dewy and glowing looking skin, which looks more natural.
My face also looked horribly white in photos and as if I wore a mask.
Found out that it clogged pores and my skin turned to be oilier and has more whiteheads popping out... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a 2-way foundation, its worth it!
In the past i thought it looked very heavy, till now i used a brush to apply it and its so natural lookin' and evens out my skintone!

will surely repurchase it again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

If you're looking for a two-way foundation that is value for money.... I would highly recommend u to go for this one !

I rarely continue using my foundations,but this is my 2nd one....and so far, I really liked the effect it gave on my skin. The shade is a lil fair for me, but it's acceptable.

The best aspect bout this foundation is that it doesn't give you that cakey-powdery look with i hate hate hate ! It gives me some sorta radiance on my look, making me look as if I have 10 hours of sleep, even on days that I don't. Only down-side to it is that it's lasting power is average.

Like all powder foundations, you should always apply them BEFORE makeup base. If your moisturizer is too matte/drying, applying powderwill only make it look cakey.You can also try to wet the sponge to achieve a more natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

This was my first 2-way foundation. It has a medium coverage. It gives you a nice matte flawless finish right after putting it on. However the staying power isn't that great, it pretty much slides off by mid-day. I have repurchased many times, probably because I didn't bother to venture into other 2-way foundations.