September 16, 2014 | 2010 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cazzymiller

I LOVE this stuff. I can't get enough of it. I have tried everything from am-o-lin to hydrocortisone cream to Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and this is the only thing that actually moisturises my lips. It doesn't dry them out more like a lot of regular lip balms do. It feels tingly going on and then the tingle goes away and it just leaves your lips feeling moisturised and soft. If this ever gets discontinued I will have to stockpile it! The tinned lipbalm is a bit difficult to use since its hard and you kind of have to use your finger to scrape it out, but the stick is fine. Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by KristiCho

I'm used to creamier versions to help chapped lips like vaseline, coconut oil or carmex that comes in the squeezy tubes. This came in a gift packet along with other flavors. I just didn't love it. It's okay though, not terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a pretty good lip balm. I wouldn't say it is one of my favourites, but it keeps my lips soft only for the moment. its not a product that will make your lips softer over time. over all, id say this a pretty moisturizing lip balm, and its affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Rarukaye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product definitely makes my lips dry out. Initially they felt lightly protected, more so than when I used Chapstick years ago. But after repeated usage it became clear that my lips were continuing to become dryer, more so than if I'd used nothing at all! My facial and body skin are not dry so I don't know why this would make my lips so dry, but it does. I've tried other products in this line and my conclusion is that I am not impressed with how they work for me, overall, and I won't re-purchase any of them in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by waveswildandwide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a pleasant enough lip balm, smells nice and goes on smoothly, and isn't overly sticky. I just don't feel that it moisturises my lips at all. I find that this is true for most beeswax based lip balms, I prefer something with a vegetable oil base.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

All around great hydrating lip balm. I'm really fond of this, the mango butter, and the tinted lip balms. Another A+ product from Burts Bees!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Eshypeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After suffering from the awful side effects of roaccutane, my lips were dry, chapped and basically falling off. Every other lip balm I tried made them worse, except this. I purchase it in bulk from Amazon and it has been an absolute lifesaver. The best lip balm by far! My favourite variations are the acai berry and the blueberry and dark chocolate.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG that you absolutely cannot go wrong with. Practically odorless, medium-weight, and super-effective, Burt's Bees regular lip balm is the handiest thing I keep in my purse.

I think most people can agree that this is practically a flawless product for just about anyone, man or woman. Not cheap, per se, though not as pricey as some fancier lip balms with bells and whistles that do you no good. Burt's Bees is the bare minimum that goes above and beyond. My love for Burt's began here!

$3-4 bucks is a small price to pay for soft, attractive lips. Unisex, but lovely for lipstick base. Funny how such an un-girly product is the best friend to lipstick wearers. Give this a try if you haven't!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Lynda71480

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I've been using it for years and have yet to find anything that works quite as well. During cold weather my lips get chapped real bad when I don't use it. When this happens I put some on and it fixes them instantly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is - bar none - my favorite moisturizing lip product. I have tried many different things over the years, both high end and drugstore, and nothing compares to my good old Burt's Bees. I have extremely dry lips that can start to crack and bleed even though I live in a very temperate climate (SoCal), so I need something heavy duty. I've been using Burt's Bees for close to 10 years now and every time I try something new, I inevitbly end up going back to it. It feels light and not greasy or heavy like some other balms (looking at you, Carmex) and I love the slightly tingling feeling the peppermint oil gives my lips. It doesn't have much of a scent, which I prefer, and it moisturizes wonderfully, leaving my lips soft and kissable. If I forget to put it on for a couple days in the colder months, the difference is dramatic. This will always be a staple in my beauty arsenal.