November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Jumping Juniper solid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav shampoo.

I have oily scalp, this cleanses without stripping my dry hair, smells really nice and lathers very well. What more do you want from a shampoo?

I'm already into my third or forth bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love shampoo bars! First of all, they last me a lot longer than a regular bottle of shampoo so I find I'm saving money by using them. I also love how well they lather and the fact that there's no packaging involved. I bought Jumping Juniper because I heard it was good for oily hair and it smelled lovely. First of all, this definitely helps control how oily my hair gets. I find I've had less problems that way since using it. However, it sometimes goes too far the other way and leaves my hair feeling dried out so if you already have dry hair don't touch this! Obviously you'll need a good conditioner. I currently use this a couple times a week and use Godiva the rest of the time and find that doing it that way keeps the oiliness under control without drying out my hair too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

to me, all the shampoo bars are the same but they are all good for me. they make my hair soft, strong and healthier overall and since using them, have treated my dry scalp.
would repurchase anytime but i don't use them exclusively because they are quite pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by laujess153

i hope i dont end up writing a really big review on this product but i do really want to tell you guys how dissapointed i was with it, i saw these shampoo bars on the lush website and was really excited to use one and they was so highly reccommended and the website made them sound like a magical product that id never discovered yet they are also eco friendly without the packaging and are not tested on animals and as a animal lover i approve on that greatly so i went to the shop the shop assitant advised me to have this one which wasnt the one i was after from the website but i told her my general hair is greasy everyday so she reccommended this i probarly should have mentioned i dye it once a month seeming as im naturally blonde and dye it brown as she might have advise me something else, i used this product for the first time today with i think its the lush veganse something like that, and im really doubting whether to use it again tomorrow,
firstly the shampoo doesnt lather up much in your hair and as my hair is half way down my back i wasnt quite sure if i was using enough,
secondly this is a really bad disadvantage whilst washing away the shampoo i noticed my brown hair dye going down the plug hole with it and it wasnt slightly the water was really running brown well its definitly not excess hair dye because i havent died my hair in about a month now it was definitly stripping the colour from my hair,
thirdly i felt as if i had left it without the conditoner that it would have left my hair really dry my hair is in quite good conditon at the moment after years of cutting and deep conditoning and hate anything thats going to make my hair bad again well iv noticed something since washing my hair earlier ... my scalp has been really itchy and iv noticed dranduff i dont suffer with dranduff nor a senstive scalp i had it before about 5 years ago and since using this once its caused dranduff and now my scalp feels really dry and itchy despite the conditoner,
dissapointed with this and would definitly reccommended re thinking this it might work on your hair but it doesnt work on mine!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Neposedi

I used to wash my hair everyday because my hair was so oily but then this shampoo dried up my scalp th worst. I got dandruff and stopped using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to love it, but I can't. Maybe it's because I have colored and damaged hair because it dried the absolute crap out of my hair. I could not run my fingers through my hair and later on, caused dandruff. I would suggest only to use this if you have very oily hair and non color treated hair. Also, it melted in the shower for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by olinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good shampoo for oily hair, but I also think that is because the first ingredient is sulfate. I do have oily hair but I don't mind, but I wouldn't suggest this for people who have color-treated hair. I don't use this everyday because it can be really drying and after I use it I use a hair mask afterwards or a leave-in conditioner. I did buy the square tin but I think it made it worse the edges of my bar are jelly like now. Overall its okay for oily hair but can be really stripping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I think I may have found my HG shampoo for my oily hair! I've been a big Lushie for years, but I was always skeptical of the shampoo bars. They're so small, so I didn't think they'd last long, I was afraid they'd strip my color, and they just seemed...a little too different than regular shampoo. But I took the plunge and bought this one and I don't think I'm ever looking back!
Jumping Juniper is a pretty purple shampoo bar, which is about the size of a hockey puck. It smells great -- a nice, light, herbal, floral scent. The scent really is light; I barely notice the smell when I'm using it and it doesn't cling to your hair afterwards, so if you don't like the scent I would still say to try it out.
Lush says to wet your hair, wet the bar, and swipe it 3 times through your hair before lathering and rinsing. I have long hair, so I swipe it through about 6 times to get a really good, foamy lather. It rinses clean without leaving any residue or heaviness behind. My hair actually squeaks when I rinse this out; I don't think any other shampoo has ever made my hair so clean!
Since using this, my fine, oily hair has been much, much less greasy. I find that using this as a daily shampoo works better than only using it a few times a week. When I use this regularly, it controls my oil for 1-2 days, which is better than any other shampoo I've tried. It tangles my hair a bit, so I still apply conditioner to the ends to detangle every time I shower. This hasn't stripped the color of my bleached hair, which is also very important. Once dry, this leaves my hair shiny, bouncy, and not at all greasy. I will definitely repurchase after I try out some other shampoo bars from Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I typically have very oily hair by the end of the day, and I wash it daily. That's just how my hair is. I hate it and I thought I would just have to deal with it until I found this little gem. It really helps reduce the oils in my hair. I can go every other day without washing it while using this. I was using Rehab by LUSH before this but I find that this works with my hairs chemistry much better. My hair feels much healthier since I don't have to wash it as often. It also adds shine, which is a major plus since my hair used to be dyed bright red every other week and is severely damaged 3/4ths of the way down. I love the smell, it's like a light lemony herbal scent that isn't too overpowering. I will be repurchasing it when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I FINALLY found a LUSH shampoo bar that doesn't strip my color! As for the oil control, I do believe it works to an extent. I didn't really think that it did until one day I used one of my other shampoos and I was a grease factory by the end of the day. The smell is deliciously herbal. I've had my current bar for about 6 weeks now and I have about a third of it left, even though it helps with the oil I still wash my hair every day or day and a half. I am loving this and will definitely repurchase!!!