July 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Mascara - MAC - Zoom lash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Flaky, smudgy, no thank you :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by maryttan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out after my sister passed it on, complaining that it didn't work on her lashes. Since my sparse, Asian lashes have been permed recently (so they hold the curl), I thought I would give it a try.

PROS:
- Really dark black which creates a very defined look
- Lengthens quite well
- Small tube that fits everywhere
- Nice big bristly brush so it picks up every lash quickly.

CONS:
- Quite clumpy, and goes on very thick. I had to run a cotton bud over my lashes after to remove the excess mascara and stop the clumping on lashes.
- Probably wouldn't work on lashes that are straight or prone to losing curl easily as the formula is quite heavy.
- Takes a while to dry so there was smudging...

I probably wouldn't purchase this for myself as the application is a little hard to manag and I would be afraid that it streaks, runs or smudges all day. I suppose this would be a product that works really well for girls who have naturally thick and long, curly lashes (unlike mine!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by eunicette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This mascara doesn't hold the curl in my eyelashes at all. After using my eyelash curler and applying the mascara, I could literally see my lashes drooping as the mascara dried, until they were horizontal. Still haven't found anything better than Marjolica Majorca.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Niamhus27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was super disappointed with this. I found this mascara extremely shoddy for such a high end product (not to mention expensive!!) Its clumpy, lumpy, doesn't dry for ages...the list goes on. It had no lengthening or volumising properties whatsoever. Don't waste your hard earned cash, and try L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by BrittGlass32510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I loooove this mascara, though it does get a bit of product on my lids when applying. The black is amazing and it adds so much length and volume. People always ask me what mascara I'm wearing, and it's this! The price is so reasonable. Why not buy this when it's only a few dollars more than most drugstore brands? HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by jazzygirlxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my mascara I love it. it's not clumpy and lightweight it takes a lot to smear it and I would say its pretty smudge proof.I get so many compliments on my eyelashes although I do have naturally long eyelashes this does wonderful work to them and if you don't have long eyelashes this will increase the visual length of your eyelashes and your eyes will be flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by fdfasfd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in "Blue Charge", which is a bright cobalt blue. I had a really hard time making this work, as it would clump and look awful, but have finally found a method that works for me.

1. I replaced the brush. The brush is hard, with short bristles that appear very close together. This makes the mascara sit on top of the brush in clumps, which then transfer to your lashes. I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal Voluminous and after I was done a tube of it I just washed the brush with soap and water and replaced the Zoom Lash brush with it. It fits perfectly.

2. I use 1 or 2 light coats of my usual mascara underneath, and then brush the Zoom lash on top, just for the colour. The colour is noticeable but not that in your face, probably because I have short black lashes and also because I use a black mascara underneath. I prefer the subtlety though.

3. I've had this mascara for a month or so now, so it's a little drier, which I think also helps.

Hope this helps! It's not a good mascara in and of itself, and the brush is godawful but I deal with it because I like the colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by molliemooch

I wish this mascara would work for me. I have it sitting on my makeup vanity so I can try to make it work every day. I live in Australia, so I paid $33AUD, which is very pricey for a mascara. But sadly, it just won't work for me. It's formula is very wet, and takes a long time to dry on my lashes, it gets spidery very easily and although I like the length it gives, it doesn't give me any volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara that I have ever used. I've only used it twice and it flakes and clumps. Luckily this mascara came with a kit with other Mac products because I would really be upset if paid $16.00 for this product alone-Sorry Mac-I love your products but this one is going in the trash I would never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Clumps and smudges, and doesn't even give me an exceptional amount of length or volume. It also has a very strong "inky" smell. Sorry MAC fans, this was not for me.