October 20, 2014 | 881 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

This is such a pretty color. It almost leans coral to me & I love how it looks different depending how youre lookin at it. very pigmented & easy to blend. Perfect for the summer or spring! It is also one of those eyeshadows you can put on the lid and blend it out & youre set!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When i first go this i was a little nervous about it.
Normally pink make my eyes look so tired.
But this eye shadow is so different!
It's a warm color. So it doesn't make you look tired at all
You can build it up and down. Which is good for work/school
I think i looks best on fair/medium skin color, just because you can't really see it in darker skin colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love Expensive Pink, in fact, my sister is out right now buying a new one!

COLOR: medium peachy, copper-gold pink (it's multidimensional)
TEXTURE: it's a veluxe pearl so the formula is very smooth and applies wonderfully like my favorite eyeshadows (Lancome Color Design). Definitely not at all like some of the drier MAC shadows.
WEAR: it does last a fairly long time, but I do notice it starts to crease towards the very end of the day, but it's not too bad.

_____________________________________________________________

I'm medium tan (NC42) and this looks great on my skintone, even better in the summer.
How I use 'Expensive Pink':
(1) as an all-over lid shade for a natural look [on my summer skintone. It looks more intense in the winter and it would on lighter skintones]
(2) all over the lid with black blended in the outer corner for a more dramatic look that isn't too over the top. You could do this for a night out but it's definitely subtle enough for the day
(3) all over the lid with a dark brown shadow blended in the outer corner. This is a softer look than the one I mentioned above. This is a subtle smokey look that looks great on those with olive/warm undertones, light or dark. I love doing this to add some more definition when using this color.

_____________________________________________________________

This is a very beautiful, versatile shade that's easy to work with and would look good on just about every skin color from the lightest to the darkest! Mine shattered, which was unfortunate and odd since I have never had this happen with another MAC eyeshadow. I had to crush up the remaining with the back of a brush and apply it like a pigment - inconvenient but it worked well enough given the texture of this shadow. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful color that lasts forever. Looks great with soft brown. It is very elegant color that I'd wear to a dance or party...wouldn't want it for an everyday though. Worth the money and one of my absolute fav Mac e/s!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, Expensive Pink, you looked so beautiful in the pan. Why do you have to look completely ridiculous on me? You are way too bright and coral, with dare I say a hint of unflattering orange, against my cool toned fair skin. Sigh, we were not meant to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is really Pretty. On my lids, it comes out to a corally/gold color. It has shimmer but its not gaudy at all. Def would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is not pink, it's more a peachy gold with hints of pink. I wonder why they named it expensive pink. It really reminds me of Nars orgasm blush in eyeshadow form except maybe not as warm as the blush. It's nice, i like it a lot. It really makes my complexion appear brighter and more awake. If you're not very dark or very fair, i think this is a great shade. Otherwise, I'd suggest trying it out in store because i think it will look different depending on your skin tone. I think this would look more coral on people who are lighter. I love wearing this all over my lid on lazy days, and im ready to go! Super pretty color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Not my favorite MAC shadow - I usually love veluxe pearl textures but this doesn't come across on me the way most "pinkish" shadows that are flattering do. It isn't a true pink and the sheen doesn't flatter my brown eyes unless I literally blend it to death with a semi matte light brown. One of the very FEW MAC shadows I wouldn't repurchase. Most I have bought more than twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by patti1963

This comes off as a coral color on my skintone (NC15)
I like the shimmer and I am not certain how I feel about this color even though I have worn it 3 times since I got it!

I guess I could take it or leave it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pink color with gold reflects. I wore this the other day with Seedy Pearl in the crease, Rice Paper on the brow bone, and I applied Brun with a big fluffy brush lightly over EP to warm the look up. It was gorgeous! I don't like pinks too often, but this one is a beauty!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No