August 27, 2014 | 1742 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I stumbled upon this during my search for the 'Kiss My Face' botanical acne gel. The health store didn't carry the Kiss My Face product, but I did find this, and after looking through the list of ingredients I figured I'd give it a try. What a lucky find! I've had these persistant blemishes and this has been extremely effective! In fact, I would say it's even more beneficial for blemishes than pure tea tree oil, as it is significantly less irritating. I actually put a small layer of it on my entire face after toning. It super feels refreshing. Not only has it reduced existing blemishes without redness or excessive drying, but I haven't gotten any blemishes since I started using it a week and a half ago. As far as more deep rooted blemishes go, I think the key is consistant application. It suggest 5-6 times a day, and if you can survive without concealer and can reapply as often as possible, it is extremely effective. I had a terribly painful cystic blemish on my chin, and it completely reduced the inflammation, redness, and pain within 24 hours. And the best thing is that there's no dry, red lesion left behind, like there would have been with BP or even pure tea tree oil. Strongly recommend it. Plan to return to buy several bottles of it.

Also ladies, I just want to mention something else I've discovered. For the past month I've experienced all these extremely uncharacteristic and persistant blemishes around my mouth and chin. Well, after much frustration I did some research, and I found tons of articles claiming that whitening toothpaste is often the cause of adult acne around the mouth. Ding ding ding! About a month ago I switched to Crest Vivid White. I immediately switched to Tom's Flouride Free Natural Toothpaste... doesn't taste fantastic but I haven't had one blemish around my mouth since. So for women with extremely sensitive skin such as myself, there really may be correlation between whitening toothpaste and skin irritations. Thought I'd share.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it's a awesome product!!! it erases ur pimples really quickly. The only negative thing is that its kinda pricy... nearly 7 dollars just 10ml. goes too fast. but if u just have one or two pimples on ur face its a good product to clear them off. if u have a lot...then could try tea tree oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product itself is great--gets rid of pimples fast AND is natural! I love the roller ball application, but my only complaint is that way too much of the product comes out at once and drips down my face. For the price of this blemish stick ($6 at Trader Joe's), I go through it way too quickly. I won't repurchase because it's much cheaper to just mix your own blemish treatment with tea tree oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWESOME product! It clears me up better than anything I have ever used! I lost mine and immediately went out and bought another. I was developing 2 cystic pimples and applying this over them a few times a day and right before bed, they went down significantly and stopped hurting.

Excellent!

UPDATE: I truly don't know how I lived without this for so long. Absolutely fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this at trader joe's right when I was having hormonal whiteheads popping up. I usually have clear skin, but as I'm nearing my mid 30s, I'm having some issues. This stuff is great! I saw results with 2 applications a day. I'm on day 4 and my blemishes are gone. I thought I'd have issues with the roll-on application, but I just shake once, roll, and it delivers enough liquid to cover several spots (so I'm not rolling it all over my face). It works SO much better than the clinique stuff I'd been using, is more affordable, and natural. YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 7:04:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the best stuff! repurchase again and again. they sell it at the health food store but its imported from the US and cost sg$20. ridiculous. and you go through it so quickly too. the packaging isn't great but i can't think of any alternative way of applying this liquid. overall, for what it does, its definitely worth it. (always out of stock at my store!)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by nogenrewriter

I was at a local Whole Foods and really wanted to get Nelson's Homeopathic acne gel but they no longer carried it and so i figured i would give this a shot. On open acne lesions, it stung a bit but i didn't mind because it really felt like it was getting "in there." i didn't use it 5-6x a day, but 2-3 because of time. i really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work for me at all. my biggest gripe, however, is that i went through a whole stick in less than two weeks. the stuff either gets stuck or gushes out all at once. it might be better to use a q-tip with it instead of rolling it directly on the face. it may have done something over time or if i had actually done the 5-6x a day as directed, but i saw absolutely no improvements and will try to get my hands on Nelson's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the good reviews here on MUA. I usually have clear skin now but had one of those time-of-the-month breakouts and about five little super red zits seemed to emerge on my forehead overnight with no warning. Grr.
Recommended usage is 5-6 times a day… a lot! I managed maybe 3-4 times, because I didn’t want to put it over my make-up. It does work well under make-up, though.
After one day of use, there was a reduction in redness/inflammation, and while the pimples didn’t shrink, they didn’t grow any bigger. After the second day, they did shrink, and they were really easy to hide with concealer since they were almost entirely flat and not very red. After the third day, I was almost back to my normal clear self. I am definitely always going to keep this product around!!
There are two downsides… the first being the packaging… not too fond of roll-ons because sometimes too much product comes out… which brings me to the second downside… alcohol is very high up on the ingredients list, and I know that alcohol really dries out my skin, so I have to be very careful that this is applied to only the blemish and not the surrounding skin or I could end up with dry patches around the blemish – not good. But these two downsides aren’t enough to deter me from using this product, considering how well it worked for me. I definitely, definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by babiappl3

ii had actually purchased this a few months ago and left it in my drawer because i hadn't read the label that said apply 5 or 6 times a day so i assumed it just didn't really work. the smell was strong as well and it stung a little so i stopped using but recently i was looking up blemish solutions and saw that this had extremely high reviews so i decided to dig it back and use it again. i must say, although this isn't a miracle worker it is amazing at reducing redness. if i apply this enough all my blemishes will really reduce dramatically in size and redness. i'm already on my fourth stick of this. Which leads to the worst part of this product, i buy a stick for about 5.50 at trader joes and i can literally go through 2 sticks of these in less than month. Your supposed to apply this quite a few times during the day for it to work but the packaging often cause none to come out or so much that it drips all over and you end up wasting the product on an area that didn't even need any. Overall i will continue to buy this becaus it's amazing and i find it better than any acne spot treatment i've ever used but they really need to improve the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I waited a few weeks to write my review on this product so I could see if it would really live up to all the glowing claims. And I must say that YES it does. I use this product daily on my entire face and have been acne free ever since. My skin is 100% clear with no new breakouts and it cleared up the existing breakouts very quickly. This is my new HG and I am going to be buying it in bulk since I can only find it online. I encourage anyone who suffers from acne to give this product a try. My only complaint is the packaging – it comes in a roller ball applicator that can tend to drip. You also seem to go through the product rather quickly if you’re using for your entire face. But I’m not complaining, this stuff has helped me when I thought there was no hope for my skin.

**************************EDIT****************
This product has stopped working and has done nothing to help with blemishes.