Desert Essence Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

4.2

Not tested on animals

Witch Hazel Extract, Alcohol Denat., Eco-Harvest Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomile Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Lavender Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil. 6/30/09

this is my new go-to acne treatment. it works!!! and it's all natural too :) if i have a blemish coming on or if there's one already there, i use it. the thing will dry up and go in a day or two! the antiseptic properties of tea tree oil will make any blem just go away. it's more gentle than pure tea tree oil...it has about 9 other calming ingredients in it. i don't mind the smell, because it works, so i could care less lol.

granted the roller isn't the best idea, so i just dab my finger on it

on 10/26/2008 6:04:00 AM

This smells better than the original tea tree oil, but I found that it wasn't as effective, probably because it's less potent. If you put this stuff too close to your eyes, your eyes will start tearing. However, this stuff does work, eventually, and it is worth your money. Pimples start flaking away and blemishes peel off if you have the patience to keep using it.The packaging is horrible though- if you push too hard, the little rollerball releases too much product.

on 10/10/2008 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this online from Vitacost for $5. I used it occasionally for zits but it really didn't help. At first the ball leaked, then it got stuck so it sat around. One day I decided to take the ball off (trash it) add more tea tree oil and use it for mosquito bites. It became useful again but it's almost gone. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I stumbled upon this during my search for the 'Kiss My Face' botanical acne gel. The health store didn't carry the Kiss My Face product, but I did find this, and after looking through the list of ingredients I figured I'd give it a try. What a lucky find! I've had these persistant blemishes and this has been extremely effective! In fact, I would say it's even more beneficial for blemishes than pure tea tree oil, as it is significantly less irritating. I actually put a small layer of it on my entire face after toning. It super feels refreshing. Not only has it reduced existing blemishes without redness or excessive drying, but I haven't gotten any blemishes since I started using it a week and a half ago. As far as more deep rooted blemishes go, I think the key is consistant application. It suggest 5-6 times a day, and if you can survive without concealer and can reapply as often as possible, it is extremely effective. I had a terribly painful cystic blemish on my chin, and it completely reduced the inflammation, redness, and pain within 24 hours. And the best thing is that there's no dry, red lesion left behind, like there would have been with BP or even pure tea tree oil. Strongly recommend it. Plan to return to buy several bottles of it.

Also ladies, I just want to mention something else I've discovered. For the past month I've experienced all these extremely uncharacteristic and persistant blemishes around my mouth and chin. Well, after much frustration I did some research, and I found tons of articles claiming that whitening toothpaste is often the cause of adult acne around the mouth. Ding ding ding! About a month ago I switched to Crest Vivid White. I immediately switched to Tom's Flouride Free Natural Toothpaste... doesn't taste fantastic but I haven't had one blemish around my mouth since. So for women with extremely sensitive skin such as myself, there really may be correlation between whitening toothpaste and skin irritations. Thought I'd share.

on 10/4/2008 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

it's a awesome product!!! it erases ur pimples really quickly. The only negative thing is that its kinda pricy... nearly 7 dollars just 10ml. goes too fast. but if u just have one or two pimples on ur face its a good product to clear them off. if u have a lot...then could try tea tree oil.

on 8/22/2008 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The product itself is great--gets rid of pimples fast AND is natural! I love the roller ball application, but my only complaint is that way too much of the product comes out at once and drips down my face. For the price of this blemish stick ($6 at Trader Joe's), I go through it way too quickly. I won't repurchase because it's much cheaper to just mix your own blemish treatment with tea tree oil.

on 8/21/2008 4:50:00 PM

AWESOME product! It clears me up better than anything I have ever used! I lost mine and immediately went out and bought another. I was developing 2 cystic pimples and applying this over them a few times a day and right before bed, they went down significantly and stopped hurting.

Excellent!

UPDATE: I truly don't know how I lived without this for so long. Absolutely fantastic product!

on 8/14/2008 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this at trader joe's right when I was having hormonal whiteheads popping up. I usually have clear skin, but as I'm nearing my mid 30s, I'm having some issues. This stuff is great! I saw results with 2 applications a day. I'm on day 4 and my blemishes are gone. I thought I'd have issues with the roll-on application, but I just shake once, roll, and it delivers enough liquid to cover several spots (so I'm not rolling it all over my face). It works SO much better than the clinique stuff I'd been using, is more affordable, and natural. YAY!

on 7/6/2008 7:04:00 AM

the best stuff! repurchase again and again. they sell it at the health food store but its imported from the US and cost sg$20. ridiculous. and you go through it so quickly too. the packaging isn't great but i can't think of any alternative way of applying this liquid. overall, for what it does, its definitely worth it. (always out of stock at my store!)

I was at a local Whole Foods and really wanted to get Nelson's Homeopathic acne gel but they no longer carried it and so i figured i would give this a shot. On open acne lesions, it stung a bit but i didn't mind because it really felt like it was getting "in there." i didn't use it 5-6x a day, but 2-3 because of time. i really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work for me at all. my biggest gripe, however, is that i went through a whole stick in less than two weeks. the stuff either gets stuck or gushes out all at once. it might be better to use a q-tip with it instead of rolling it directly on the face. it may have done something over time or if i had actually done the 5-6x a day as directed, but i saw absolutely no improvements and will try to get my hands on Nelson's.

Popular Treatments (Face)