September 2, 2014 | 1836 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

USA $24. Australia $40. Out of principal I shouldn't have bought this product as I'm getting pretty sick of paying so much for beauty products. ($40 for 1.4gm of product!? ) but my under eye darkness is beyond a joke and I am going to try this out. First impression? The mua sold me a much darker shade than I thought I would need. It's darker than the erase paste I'm used to. I really hope this will make a difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Laoshu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought this corrector in porcelain bisque three times. The first time I bought it, I was enamored with it because it almost completely erased my dark circles; a dab of extra concealer afterwards and they'd be more or less gone. However, as time has gone on, I've suffered from severe bouts of insomnia that sometimes cut my sleep time down to four or five hours. My circles have gotten progressively worse to the point where I can't even go to the grocery store without some concealer on--they are that bad. At this stage, this corrector only brightens my undereye area. It doesn't make much of a dent as far as concealing goes. I can see an improvement, but anyone who saw me would probably still think I was a zombie. So if you *really* have severe dark circles like me, don't expect this to be the magic ingredient that it's made out to be. I'd still recommend this to women who have light to moderate dark circles, as I can see it making a much bigger difference for them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Silfor

Big let down, it's doesn't cover as well as expected, it isn't that creamy and it creases very easily, I bought this with the finishing powder and they really don't work well together, although the finishing powder side is very good on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by galacticmousse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This not going to erase dark circles. However, it definitely lightens them and makes a significant difference. Creamy formula, good coverage, works well alone or under concealer. It does crease, and the price is high, but it lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by megraupach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

After the big hype on this corrector, I decided to pay the ridiculous $40 here in Australia. The coverage isn't incredible, although it does brighten the eye. I wouldn't say it was a must have, or for me at least, but it didn't provide significant results. While it brightens the eye, I can't say that it vanished my blue/purple dark circles completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Nadiabeauty

I love this corrector. It's definitely a must-have. My dark circles are quite hard to cover and this product does the trick. I have been using it for the past 3 years. It's a little expensive but it will last you for a long time even if you wear it everyday like i do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Sarahcelik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like diese corrector💝

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I had been looking for a concealer for a while. I have bought several different drug store options recently to avoid going high end. The problem was that I never owned a high end concealer before, other than MAC Select Cover liquid concealer. I did get results with the MAC concealer that were above and beyond what I got from DS concealers. But I saw that beauty gurus online were getting much different results.

After figuring that I needed to try creamy concealers, I was between LM Secret Camouflage and Bobbi Brown. I went with Bobbi Brown thus far. Being a newbie, I think that the Bobbi Brown is easier to apply to the under eyes. I have noticed the drastic difference in the way my make up looks. And I starting noticing that I always did have dark circles, just not too bad. PROS- really moisturizing, creamy, opaque coverage, love the packaging

As for the CONS, it is really expensive. And for the amount you get, it would have been wiser to go with LM Secret Camouflage. But I love that this product is 'dummy-proof' and flawless.

Overall, this is my best concealer/corrector yet. I will use it when needed. Hoping that I will find something similar but cheaper before repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by slobrina17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So, I am NC40, olive/yellow east indian and I have always struggled with dark circles (much worse now that I am getting older, preggo, and not sleeping well). The online SA reccomended I try the corrector in peach/bisque and I have to say that it works wonders. I've been using for about a month and it is the only thing that has ever really brightened my purply/brown circles. I do use the concealer in Honey over it.

Comparison: I believe I have tried almost every corrector on the market from several different brands, in different color ranges (yellow, pink, salmon, peach, orange). None seemed effective. I was always reccomended dark peach in person by BB SAs; however, it truely did nothing for me. Regular peach was too light...bisque just didn't look right. Anyway, the peach/bisque actually works. I thought the SA might be crazy, but I tried it anyway, and I'm so pleased I did.

Application: I use Laura Mercier eye base in peach on my eyelids and inner corners of my nose (as my eyelids are dark also). I find correcting both the top and bottom make a big difference for me. Then I do my foundation (use BB stick foundation), and eye shadow. I swipe my ring finger in the corrector, and then pat/swipe very lightly onto my undereye (I swipe from the outer corner inwards right under the lash line to help with creasing). I give it a moment to set while I apply my blush, and then I swipe my ring finger in the concealor and pat on top of the corrector (only pat, no swiping). Give that I quick moment to set while I brush my hair or something, and the lightly powder the whole eye with Makeup Forever's HD powder and a large face powder brush. I pat the powder on and lightly swipe. After that I give the powder a moment to set while I apply mascara. Now, BB concealers/correctors are creasy (hence the 4)...I solve this by spraying some UD all nighter on a sponge and tapping it over my under eye. I've tried skipping the powder step and it doesn't work as well. I've also tried the corrector without the concealer. I looks OK at first, but over time doesn't look as good as the combo. I wish so many steps were not involved, but all in all my whole face only takes about 10 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jadyxo

This corrector is okay, but I dont think it lives up to all the hype. It's not creamy at all and I dont think it corrects that well. I will continue to use this up but I wont repurchase.

EDIT: 11/8/13
I will be returning this. It makes my undereyes sooo dry and flaky.