April 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by carihikikomori

This corrector/concealer is thick, creamy, and provides great coverage. It comes in a wide variety of skin tones and looks pretty natural when blended. However, it is quite thick and creases easily if left by itself. I set it with translucent powder and it stays in place all day.
Make sure to use it sparingly - it's very thick and pigmented so a little goes a long way!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by alisonmarie1

This is a holy grail product. Love it, I have dark circles under my eyes and just using my (MAC pro-longwear) concealer just wasn't getting the job done. Heard great reviews, took the plunge and got it. Pretty expensive for the size, that is the only down fall for me. Lasts about 4 months, I do like putting a good bit on even though a little goes a long way. Highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 2 weeks now, after the SA at the BB counter convinced me to try the corrector for my dark undereye cicles. I didn't read the reviews on MUA prior to purchase, but if I did, a lot of what happened would have made sense. The corrector works very well due to its heavy composition and high pigmentation. It makes me think of Dermablend, a heavy duty concealer for post-surgery marks. Which means a little goes a long way and your skin needs to be properly hydrated in order to provide a perfect canvas and hold. The dry texture means creasing is an everpresent danger. And creasing, never flattering by itself, is deadly around the eyes. Adds 5 years to your appearance.

So my tips are:
Use a good eyecream, even when you have an oily skin. This skin around your eyes is rarely oily, so use an eyegel at the very least. Let it be properly absorbed.
Next, apply with fingers if you are confident with that. I find my bodyheat helps with an even distribution, plus I get a better feel for how much product I'm using every time.
After you are satisfied with the result, let it sit for a few minutes. Go brush your hair or teeth or something. Then apply your concealer. This is also advised by BB; the 2 products are meant to work in layers, not mix.
I don't use the BB concealer, because I find that too cakey and not enough brightening. So I prefer to use Touch Eclat or similar on top of the corrector.
Lastly, I skip the powder. The staying power of the corector mean you don't need a setting powder, and powder around your eyes almost always cause creasing.

I know this sounds like a lot, but I incorporated the corrector in my daily makeup routine with 1 extra minute. And if done properly, you'll love the result.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Money well spent. I've been intensely using it for 2 years, and still got a little bit left in the pan.
I have quite bad brown circles under my eyes, this covers them nicely. Not totally though.
Creases like hell, took me a little time to learn how to use it properly, I don't put it directly under my eye, and use the tiniest amount. I gives a shiny finish, but I don't set it with powder (it's not that bad, and i don't like a lot of stuff under my eyes, and the powder sometimes creases).
I have it in Light Peach, I'm an NC15-20. The color could be a bit lighter for me.
Overall this product is a godsend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mariealessandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great at concealing dark circles under the eye and in the inner corner. I set it with the bobbi brown setting powder that comes with the concealer, however I find that this product still creases. In terms on coverage though, it is great. It's a little sticky but I find that when I warm it with my finger, dabbing gently, it is much easier to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by xTinkerbell786x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for £18 and it's SO not worth it at all. I have it in the shade med-dark bisque and I'm a nc30-35. I apply this under my prolong wear concealer which I love. I find that the BB corrector does very little at all, apart from adds a bit of a 'brightening effect' under my eyes. I have severe hereditary dark circles and I thought getting a corrector to correct the colour and a concealer for coverage would work wonders but it really did not. The main problem with this corrector is the consistency. It's tacky and sticky and doesn't even apply and blend in probably! It's just moves around and ruins anything that I layer on top of it! My make up around my water line such as eyeliner, concealer, foundation, powder flakes off in tiny bits when I use this underneath! Absolute waste of money. It may be a good product if only it applied to my actual skin! It needs warming up before using which I've tried to do, which does help it go on better but overall in terms of dark circles, this makes absolute no difference to my under eyes whatsoever. I really want to try the Giorgio armani corrector next instead, so if like me this didn't work out for you, try that one instead as it comes in a liquid form so no creasing or awkward consistencies under the eye! Would not repurchase this product in a million years!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I found this at a CCO and was so excited but sadly I was disappointed with it. It doesn't really do a good job at enhancing my dark circles (which aren't even that bad!), its sticky, its thick, and it creases like crazy. I do not recommend this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kelliechevron

I used the peach corrector for dark circles and darkness around the mouth. I only have light shadows/darkness under my eyes and in the inner corners, and this product covers them perfectly, even from different angles. I was careful only to apply it to the bag/shadow itself, not anywhere near my actual lower lashline, and I applied a couple of thin layers and topped it with translucent powder (Shiseido). I've tried many, many products to cover bags, and I really think this is the best one I've found.

Unfortunately it isn't opaque enough to cover/correct the discolouration around my mouth/chin, although it does reduce it somewhat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by cbegg

I went to my local Bobbi Brown counter in search of their creamy concealer and never thought to purchase a corrector. After trying the two together i was really surprised of how much of a difference this one product makes. Because i'm at work from very early in the morning until late at night i really need something thats going to stay all day (and it did!). Feels really light and not too heavy on the skin (even with the concealer on top) and has a really good coverage. I would say it would be possible to get away with wearing the corrector by itself because of the coverage however, the concealer on top makes my dark circles completely dissapear! As for the packaging, i have always loved the look of Bobbi Brown products and this doesn't disapoint. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great for people who have very dark circles or just slightly so. If you have very dark circles, you need to use a concealer on top of this. If you don't, you can get away with just the corrector. I bought the color Light Bisque and for reference I am NC 25/30 in MAC makeup. I should have gotten Light Peach instead because I have a warmer complexion but this still works great. I will say that the texture is sticky, not like a gel. But because of this it provides a good base to place concealer on top of. I often don't set this with a powder and it still works just as well. I will say that if you do have fine lines, this will probably crease on you.