July 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite tinted moisturizer of all time :) Lightweight, medium coverage, and bonus points for SPF! I wanted to get the oil-free formula, but it was sold out at Sephora, so my face did get shiny after 3-4 hours of wear because I have oily skin. Then again, if you have normal to dry skin then it shouldn't be a problem; during the summer months it's okay to have dewy looking skin anyway. It's definitely pricey, but the amount of products lasts a long time and it's really good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is by far the best tinted moisturizer I have tried. It gives sheer to medium coverage with flawless finish. The shades are perfectly formulated and aren't too yellow as Nars and Bobbi Brown foundations. I love it and will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
- very little scent
- nicely emollient (especially good for dry skin)
- gives a gorgeous, natural, slightly dewy glow
- no mica or "sparkles"
- easily blendable
- lightly buildable coverage
- fantastic colour range
- nice consistency; not thick, but not thin or watery either
- good lasting power
- no oxidation
- excellent at evening out skin tone
- made my skin look smoother
- didn't emphasize my pores
- not too much product needed (about a quarter-sized amount will do)
- easily mixable w/a liquid highlighter, if needed

CONS
- sheer coverage (may not cover moderate to severe redness; will not conceal scars, spots, etc.)

I am so incredibly pleased with this TM (the regular version, not the illuminating or oil-free versions). I requested a sample of it from a makeup artist at Sephora, and I am so very happy that I did. I love it so much that despite the expensive price tag I'm thinking of buying a second tube of it to hide away in my makeup stash for just in case, you know?

I have skin that tends to be quite dry (especially in the winter), though my nose and eyelids get oily during the summer. I really need whatever I put on my face to be truly hydrating. I find most BB creams just suck the moisture out of my skin and many foundations are just too heavy and end up looking cake-y on me.

I'm between a MAC NW20 and NW25, and I tried the Nude shade of this TM. I have obvious yellow undertones, a very slight bit of rosacea, some larger pores around my nose and to the sides of my nose, and no scaring or acne. I applied this TM with my fingers to cleansed and moisturized skin (I used Olay's Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin).

The story: After six years of wearing Everyday Minerals' makeup, I decided to switch back to liquid foundations. Over the last couple of months, my search has included six different foundations, three different TMs, and three BB creams. I got tired of returning all of them because none of them worked for me. I finally realized that a truly hydrating TM was what I needed, not a medium or heavy foundation or a drying, over-hyped BB cream.

Now, I already have another TM that I really like - Marcel's Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in Creme Beige. It's got decent coverage and provides great hydration, though it is quite thick. But I wanted something else, something that I could pull out of my makeup stash anytime I needed a pick-me up, something that made me feel like I was pampering myself on days when my skin (and my ego) really need a boost. After all the recent failures with other products, this TM was pretty much my last hope for finding a TM that would do everything that I listed above.

The texture of this TM is quite nice. It has a smooth consistency that is neither too thin nor too thick. It applies very nicely - it doesn't dry too quickly, doesn't get tacky upon application, is easily blendable, and it can be applied in a few *thin* layers, though it doesn't provide much in the way of concealing flaws. It's far better at evening out uneven skin tone and works great in conjunction with a spot concealer. It does not feel heavy, even in warm weather. Also, it did not look blotchy, patchy, or cake-y on me by the end of the day like some TMs do.

At first, it looked quite dewy on my skin. But after several minutes, it sank in and took on a gorgeous glow that looked very natural (my mom commented that it didn't even look like I had anything on my face). It matched my skin tone perfectly and has not oxidized. I have even worn it while moving furniture in warm, humid weather. Despite sweating a bit, this TM stayed on my face (this is very likely due to the fact that my dry skin tends to make it easier for some products to cling to it and stick around a bit longer).

The real test for this TM is when I'm at work - if by mid-day the pores to the sides of my nose look stretched, which creates thin lines due to my skin being dehydrated, I know a product is not right for me. With this TM, not only could I not notice any tightening and stretching of my skin, I could hardly notice the pores! And that's under awful fluorescent office lighting. My normally dull-looking skin was super hydrated by this TM, even in the office. Of course, because of the office environment, my nose and eyelids did get shiny (they always do, no matter what is on my face) and needed just a light touch of translucent powder to touch up (I used Rimmel's Stay Matte with a flocked sponge). The first day I wore this TM to work my skin looked so radiant that I'm pretty sure I noticed a few female coworkers take a careful second look at my face.

I would most definitely buy this TM over and over again.

An aside: It's worth noting that despite this product having the word "moisturizer" in its name, my experience has been that it's important for people with dry skin to use a moisturizer *under* most TMs, this one included. I was surprised to hear this from a few makeup artists since my belief was that this wasn't necessary since, well, it's a moisturizer! Why does there need to be additional moisture applied under it? Wouldn't this just make my skin super shiny? No. Not at all. Not with this TM, at least. In fact, I found out the hard way that, for me, not following my usual cleansing routine and applying a moisturizer beneath a TM or BB cream usually ended up with my skin looking very dehydrated by lunch time, and this is despite how much water I was drinking. This isn't helped by the fact that I work in an office building with recycled air, no open windows, and which always has either air conditioning or heating on year-round. So, ladies with combination-dry skin like mine, don't be tempted to skip your regular moisturizer.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kChoooi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my all time favourite!
I have been using this for the last 7 years and I still love it. Porcelain is a little bit too pale and nude is a little too warm so I normally get both and mix. In the winter I get away with porcelain and end of the summer nude looks ok on me. it blends into the skin really well and helps create that flawless skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the tube I have. it matches my skin tone, and it looks dewy and nice on my skin (which oily in the summer, dry in the winter). However, it doesn't last very long before it becomes more greasy than dewy. I don't use it during the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kelciebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been looking for a tinted moisturizer for summer. I bought this because it came so highly reccomended. I have to say, while I like it, I'm not so enamoured with it that I think it's worth the price. I have oily skin and I was concerned that the "natural, dewey finish" would be a problem. It isn't. I generally have to blot and touch up with powder about halfway through the day, but that's not a problem. I know tinted moisturizers don't generally have a ton of coverage, but for the price I paid for this product I did expect it to be a bit better than it is. I don't know that I will buy it again, but I can see why others have rated it so well. My skin looks lovely when I wear it. I just wish it wasn't so overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by shirininx

This is my absolute go-to foundation type product!

First off, my skin is reasonably well conditioned (foundations can only conceal so much eh?), this TM works well for my most of the time. On occasions where I need a bit more concealing I reach for other foundations with more coverage.

What I love most about this TM is the healthy glow it gives. It sort of melts into my skin and evens out the skin tone in the most natural way.

I am onto my second tube and will most happily repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sarahliz8186

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Feeling that I needed a break from Foundation (Estee Lauder's double wear), I felt it was time to invest in a high end tinted moisturiser, helping to restore some fresh life back into my skin. If you've always been a foundation girl then be prepared for a shock if using this or any other tinted moisturiser.

I really, really wanted to love this product but unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. This isn't to say that Laura Mercier's TM is rubbish, it just doesn't do my skin any justice. I feel that Tinted Moisturisers best suit skin free from blemishes, pimples or pores. This TM seemed to highlight exactly why I prefer and suit good coverage foundations.

The product itself is worth the money as the tube was much bigger than expected, bigger than the standard sized foundation bottles. The coverage for me was not enough but it did give my face a nice shine (healthy glow). The colour match for me was 'NUDE' but my word, this was too light and I felt that I would have given Casper a run for his money.

Because I have little pimples on my forehead, small blemishes on my jaw and visible pores, I felt that LM's TM really highlighted these imperfections and so from this, I will definitely stick to my foundation. A GREAT product for those with naturally flawless skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Neasabray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Still unsure whether I would buy this product again. I only bought it a couple of months ago and it's already almost gone. The coverage is exceptionally light and its longevity is questionable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by rmys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

l love it because it looks so natural on my face and balances skin tone..