September 30, 2014 | 1921 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this product for a few years now after being faithful to Lancome since I was a teeneager. Even at 30, I don't need (or care for) heavy foundation. I wear sunscreen everyday and this works well when I apply over it. Smooth, light coverage and I have had no issue with breakouts. A little bit with a damp sponge makes the product go a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is a good TM...however, I don't feel it's worth the price. The cover is minimal, even for a TM.

Although my skin looks refreshed and flawless w/ it on I won't be purchasing again. LM is one of the best foundation lines out there in my opinion, I just can't make myself love this TM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LM has changed back to her original formula and I now am using it again. NUDE is slightly too dark for my skin but works well. I also have theBALM in light and like theBALM better (and its much cheaper). I have the LM TM compact, and to get this to spread I use argan oil, otherwise it is too drying. Not the best TM out there but certainly a stand out for those who want some coverage but not foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This just didn't do it for me and my oily skin. Upon application, it blended very nicely and this had pretty good coverage! But like most tinted moisturizers, this didn't control my oil very well and I found myself blotting through out the day and by the end of the day, I felt like an oily mess. I feel like this would be very good for those who have dry to normal skin .. but oily skin people, I'd stay away! I've pretty much come to a conclusion that all tinted moisturizers won't work for me though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

Love this!!! The sample size is 1 oz and is $19. That is a great deal considering the smash box full size bb cream is around $40 for 1 oz! This blends so well and is not sticky. It actually has some coverage for a tinted moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my quest for the perfect TM is finally over. I had been wanting to try this product for a long time but I was intimidated by the hefty price tag. After trying it though, I can say this product is well worth the hype.

I usually go for TMs that are more luminous but I like the finish this gives me. No shimmer or glitter but definitely not flat and still very naturally looking. Provides the most coverage of all the TMs I've tried (light to moderate) so I wear it more like a foundation. Nude is a really good match for my light asian skin.

I'm a bit of a product junkie especially when it comes to TMs but I love this so much, I don't want to wear anything else (except my Pixi TM on days that I want a bit less coverage).

I also tried a sample of the oil-free version which I found a bit difficult to spread (I have normal to dry skin) but might be an option for those with oily skin.

Will continue to repurchase again and again!

Update: I am still loving the TM but I absolutely despise the tube packaging. It's big and bulky and it explodes every time I take it traveling. Am considering purchasing the compact version of the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Shame on me for trying this w my oily/combo skin, but oil-free version performed equally. Great finish for first hour, turned me into an oil slick after 1 hour and throughout day. It lasts, good colors, my skin just got too darn greasy. NOT 'dewy'. Powdered and everything. This and the oil free do not work for my skin. Oil free even worse. Ironically. Returning. FYI: HG homemade TM: equal parts Clinique dramatically different moisture GEL (not lotion, Gel) mixed w MAC pro longwear concealer. Sounds weird, but it dries matte in like 2 seconds and stays that way all day without the powder fest. MUST TRY if skin is combo/oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite tinted moisturizer of all time :) Lightweight, medium coverage, and bonus points for SPF! I wanted to get the oil-free formula, but it was sold out at Sephora, so my face did get shiny after 3-4 hours of wear because I have oily skin. Then again, if you have normal to dry skin then it shouldn't be a problem; during the summer months it's okay to have dewy looking skin anyway. It's definitely pricey, but the amount of products lasts a long time and it's really good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is by far the best tinted moisturizer I have tried. It gives sheer to medium coverage with flawless finish. The shades are perfectly formulated and aren't too yellow as Nars and Bobbi Brown foundations. I love it and will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
- very little scent
- nicely emollient (especially good for dry skin)
- gives a gorgeous, natural, slightly dewy glow
- no mica or "sparkles"
- easily blendable
- lightly buildable coverage
- fantastic colour range
- nice consistency; not thick, but not thin or watery either
- good lasting power
- no oxidation
- excellent at evening out skin tone
- made my skin look smoother
- didn't emphasize my pores
- not too much product needed (about a quarter-sized amount will do)
- easily mixable w/a liquid highlighter, if needed

CONS
- sheer coverage (may not cover moderate to severe redness; will not conceal scars, spots, etc.)

I am so incredibly pleased with this TM (the regular version, not the illuminating or oil-free versions). I requested a sample of it from a makeup artist at Sephora, and I am so very happy that I did. I love it so much that despite the expensive price tag I'm thinking of buying a second tube of it to hide away in my makeup stash for just in case, you know?

I have skin that tends to be quite dry (especially in the winter), though my nose and eyelids get oily during the summer. I really need whatever I put on my face to be truly hydrating. I find most BB creams just suck the moisture out of my skin and many foundations are just too heavy and end up looking cake-y on me.

I'm between a MAC NW20 and NW25, and I tried the Nude shade of this TM. I have obvious yellow undertones, a very slight bit of rosacea, some larger pores around my nose and to the sides of my nose, and no scaring or acne. I applied this TM with my fingers to cleansed and moisturized skin (I used Olay's Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin).

The story: After six years of wearing Everyday Minerals' makeup, I decided to switch back to liquid foundations. Over the last couple of months, my search has included six different foundations, three different TMs, and three BB creams. I got tired of returning all of them because none of them worked for me. I finally realized that a truly hydrating TM was what I needed, not a medium or heavy foundation or a drying, over-hyped BB cream.

Now, I already have another TM that I really like - Marcel's Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in Creme Beige. It's got decent coverage and provides great hydration, though it is quite thick. But I wanted something else, something that I could pull out of my makeup stash anytime I needed a pick-me up, something that made me feel like I was pampering myself on days when my skin (and my ego) really need a boost. After all the recent failures with other products, this TM was pretty much my last hope for finding a TM that would do everything that I listed above.

The texture of this TM is quite nice. It has a smooth consistency that is neither too thin nor too thick. It applies very nicely - it doesn't dry too quickly, doesn't get tacky upon application, is easily blendable, and it can be applied in a few *thin* layers, though it doesn't provide much in the way of concealing flaws. It's far better at evening out uneven skin tone and works great in conjunction with a spot concealer. It does not feel heavy, even in warm weather. Also, it did not look blotchy, patchy, or cake-y on me by the end of the day like some TMs do.

At first, it looked quite dewy on my skin. But after several minutes, it sank in and took on a gorgeous glow that looked very natural (my mom commented that it didn't even look like I had anything on my face). It matched my skin tone perfectly and has not oxidized. I have even worn it while moving furniture in warm, humid weather. Despite sweating a bit, this TM stayed on my face (this is very likely due to the fact that my dry skin tends to make it easier for some products to cling to it and stick around a bit longer).

The real test for this TM is when I'm at work - if by mid-day the pores to the sides of my nose look stretched, which creates thin lines due to my skin being dehydrated, I know a product is not right for me. With this TM, not only could I not notice any tightening and stretching of my skin, I could hardly notice the pores! And that's under awful fluorescent office lighting. My normally dull-looking skin was super hydrated by this TM, even in the office. Of course, because of the office environment, my nose and eyelids did get shiny (they always do, no matter what is on my face) and needed just a light touch of translucent powder to touch up (I used Rimmel's Stay Matte with a flocked sponge). The first day I wore this TM to work my skin looked so radiant that I'm pretty sure I noticed a few female coworkers take a careful second look at my face.

I would most definitely buy this TM over and over again.

An aside: It's worth noting that despite this product having the word "moisturizer" in its name, my experience has been that it's important for people with dry skin to use a moisturizer *under* most TMs, this one included. I was surprised to hear this from a few makeup artists since my belief was that this wasn't necessary since, well, it's a moisturizer! Why does there need to be additional moisture applied under it? Wouldn't this just make my skin super shiny? No. Not at all. Not with this TM, at least. In fact, I found out the hard way that, for me, not following my usual cleansing routine and applying a moisturizer beneath a TM or BB cream usually ended up with my skin looking very dehydrated by lunch time, and this is despite how much water I was drinking. This isn't helped by the fact that I work in an office building with recycled air, no open windows, and which always has either air conditioning or heating on year-round. So, ladies with combination-dry skin like mine, don't be tempted to skip your regular moisturizer.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No