Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub

3.5

INGREDIENTS: ACTIVE: SALICYLIC ACID 2.0%. INACTIVE: WATER, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC WAX, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM LAUROYL LACTYLATE, MENTHOL, BENZOPHENONE-4, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, FRAGRANCE, BLUE 1 LAKE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1.

I've been using this scrub since September of 2012, and I have to admit that I really love this scrub. I'm not going to say that this scrub will make you have less acne, but it does feel really good when applied. It has a tingling sensation, which is amazing. And while the little microballs don't dissolve, it feels like an actual scrub. I would recommend this scrub for people who don't have really bad acne, and who like a little change.

I'm liking this so far. I purchased it after reading the beautiful Lilly Ghalichi (who has flawless skin) uses it.

Pros: inexpensive, does seem to help a bit with acne, nice smell.

Cons: the beads can be a bit hard to wash off, and can also be drying if you use too much. My tip is to just be careful how much of the product you squeeze out and to use cooler water when trying to wash it all off.

I try to apply just a little bit in the mornings-there's no makeup/sunscreen to have to take off in the mornings anyway so my skin doesn't get really dry. I am using a different makeup remover product during the evenings at the moment. I'm not sure how I would rate it as a makeup remover.

I'm

I used this daily (I don't know what I was thinking) and it made my skin extremely tight and dry. I have combination skin and this really made my skin dry and I did not use this all up for that reason.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really do love this scrub a lot. It's unlike any other scrub I've used. Usually when I use round-beaded scrubs, I feel like it never cleans my face. This scrub really does good work on my skin!

The formula is really great. It's like a really moisturizing mandarin mint scented cream embedded with round beads. It never dries out my skin; it feels so moisturizing.

Salicylic acid is a key ingredient in this scrub and it always fights my acne so well. It calms my skin and soothes the break outs. I find that it doesn't unclogg my clogged pores, but it prevents my pores from being clogged and cleans away some of the surface dirt around said clogged pores.

I've been using it twice a day for the past few days and my skin is unbelievably fresh and smooth. I know it's bad but I can't stop touching my cheeks! I definitely would repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay, so not only does this product smell great (Mandarin Mint, who woulda thunk it?!), but for people with oily, acne prone skin, this, followed by a light moisturizer, will basically clear up anything. The zits on my face have pretty much vanished with me using this about 2-3 times a day. I'm a Biore-believer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had a flare up of blocked hair follicles on my upper arms and decided to try something new to treat this annoying problem. I had been dry skin brushing which seemed to work for awhile but never completely got rid of the tiny bumps. So I choose this product due to the salicylic acid and it has really cleared up my skin. I have been using it at night with exfoliating gloves. I also had a few small zits on my chest area and it has cleared that up too. I do get a spot here and there on my face but I am too scared to use this there as my face can be sensitive and I don't want to cause a break out. Overall, I am happy so far with the way it has worked on my body and will continue to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product one day because I was having a really horrible skin reaction to foundation-acne treatment combo that I was using during the day. I mean, my skin was freaking out with hugee red bumps on every part of my forehead. I heard a good review on this product saying that it cleared up breakouts and, obviously, unclogged pores. So on a whim I bought this scrub and started using it twice a day, thinking that if this product didn't work I would be hauling my butt to a doctor to get this skin situation taken care of.

This scrub cleared up the big red bumps in about 2 weeks (it was a lot of hard work to get rid of the bumps...trust me). I have oily skin, but the oil isn't so bad when I remember to use moisturizer after washing my face, and I have extremely acne-prone skin. Although my acne isn't too noticeable or severe, manyyy products break me out from Nars tinted moisturizer and Bare Essentials mineral makeup to the Clean and Clear face wash products and anything with tea tree oil in it.

I repurchased this item, thinking that it would continue to do good things for my skin. I was so wrong! I started having blackheads ALL over my face. I've had whiteheads and normal red bumps before, but never blackheads! And they were all over the sides of my cheeks!! Although this scrub gets rid of big bumps and has that nice cooling sensation when used, I can't believe the small blackheads all over my cheeks that this product gave me. I also started breaking out on my chin and neck! I've never in my life had a slight problem with breakouts around my jaw area, but now it seems extremely difficult to keep this area under control. I've gone back to Clearasil, which has always given me clear skin even though I've strayed away from it numerous times to look for other alternatives.

The price was cheap, the big bumps are gone, but the little blackheads everywhere? Horrible. I'm still trying to repair the damage this product has done. Stupidly, I tried using this again the other day, thinking that maybe it would work for me if I just used it once a week as an exfoliating treatment. It brought all the blackheads back. Thinking that maybe it would work well as a body wash instead, I tried it in the shower. Gave me bumps in places I never break out.
Would not recommend. Thank goodness for Clearasil products.

PROS:
Gets rid of big, painful acne spots
Works relatively quickly
Can be used everyday, for non-sensitive skin

CONS:
BLACKHEADS EVERYWHERE (Oh my gosh, I now know why people hate blackheads so much...)
Broke me out in places that I never break out in

I just started using this every night and I have quickly grown to love it. Using this everyday has not dried my skin out too badly, even though I do have dry skin. This really gets the day's dirt and make-up off your face. In terms of pore unclogging, I will say this "loosens" my pores so it's easier to extract them after cleansing, but the scrub probably won't diminish them for you--you have to do it yourself. This is the only Biore product I have used and so far I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have African American sensitive oily skin & this product works great on my skin. This is the best cleanser that I have used so far. It doesn't break me out at all & is very exfoliating @ the same time. I would definitely recommend it if you have skin like mine. The packaging is blue & white now instead of green

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Note: I have sensitive skin(breakout prone on chin & redness on cheek), that gets oily(not excessive) during the day.

Anyways, I've had clogged pores for a while now (2 years). They started to get better around April this year but I still had breakout on my chin, cheeks & forehead. Previously, the only way I could force the sebum out was to pick at it(I know, only damaged my skin). However, new ones kept pooping up!:(

Before using the scrub, I tried to use the Biore Pore strips but they didn't really help with the bigger bumps! I gave up on the strips and came across this product.

When I first got this product, I decided to use it twice a week(every 3 days). Since this is a 'scrub', i thought it would be too harsh on my sensitive skin for daily use.
After 2 weeks, I noticed that there were some minor improvement but I was still getting clogged pores! So I eventually gave up on using it for a while as I thought it wasn't doing anything.

Eventually, I started to use it again. Don't know what made me do it but I picked it up and decided to use it EVERYDAY this time! Best decision I made! The reason why I decided it was ok to use daily was because I use the cetaphil cleanser, which doesn't completely wash the make up off my face. So using the scrub acts as a second wash and surprisingly, my face can handle it.

After the first 2-3 weeks, the pores on my foreheads started to rise and turn into pimples. This was good because I could now remove the sebum! I had about 5 big ones on my forehead and each week, some turned into pimples. It was a sign to me that the product was working!

The pros? No new clogged pores poppin up anywhere on my face! I also stop having any breakouts on my chin! :D I use to have 2 pimples pop up on my chin daily! My face is so smooth now. I still have small marks from popping those clogged pores but give it another couple of weeks, my face should be clear of them! I can't wait to have a mark free face!

I can only speak of a good experience for myself. Everyone is different but after so many products, I think this product will be with me for a while!

During this past winter, my skin had really dry, redness on cheeks with clogged pores. This has been a lifesaver and my skin has not looked this good in 2 years! I'm so happy that I don't need to wear as much makeup. I must add that I have also stopped having too much dairy (milk) and this may have also helped.

I do hope that this product will continue to help over summer! If anyone wants to try it out, I would like to suggest to actually use it daily. I think the product actually suggest daily use! Btw, I only use it at night! The only con is the product can be slightly drying, but nothing moisturizer can't fix!

9/8/13: Stopped using it over Summer because my skin was good to me. Winter came around and my chin & forehead clogged breakouts came back. Started using this again on the problem areas areas. Now 1 month in, my chin is happier. I do still have tiny bumps on my forehead but that's probably due to a combination of my side fringe, hair spray and MU. This will definitely be a staple for when I get clogged pores every year!