November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Scrubs - Biore - Pore Unclogging Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by dwhite16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have African American sensitive oily skin & this product works great on my skin. This is the best cleanser that I have used so far. It doesn't break me out at all & is very exfoliating @ the same time. I would definitely recommend it if you have skin like mine. The packaging is blue & white now instead of green

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by littlecagedbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Note: I have sensitive skin(breakout prone on chin & redness on cheek), that gets oily(not excessive) during the day.

Anyways, I've had clogged pores for a while now (2 years). They started to get better around April this year but I still had breakout on my chin, cheeks & forehead. Previously, the only way I could force the sebum out was to pick at it(I know, only damaged my skin). However, new ones kept pooping up!:(

Before using the scrub, I tried to use the Biore Pore strips but they didn't really help with the bigger bumps! I gave up on the strips and came across this product.

When I first got this product, I decided to use it twice a week(every 3 days). Since this is a 'scrub', i thought it would be too harsh on my sensitive skin for daily use.
After 2 weeks, I noticed that there were some minor improvement but I was still getting clogged pores! So I eventually gave up on using it for a while as I thought it wasn't doing anything.

Eventually, I started to use it again. Don't know what made me do it but I picked it up and decided to use it EVERYDAY this time! Best decision I made! The reason why I decided it was ok to use daily was because I use the cetaphil cleanser, which doesn't completely wash the make up off my face. So using the scrub acts as a second wash and surprisingly, my face can handle it.

After the first 2-3 weeks, the pores on my foreheads started to rise and turn into pimples. This was good because I could now remove the sebum! I had about 5 big ones on my forehead and each week, some turned into pimples. It was a sign to me that the product was working!

The pros? No new clogged pores poppin up anywhere on my face! I also stop having any breakouts on my chin! :D I use to have 2 pimples pop up on my chin daily! My face is so smooth now. I still have small marks from popping those clogged pores but give it another couple of weeks, my face should be clear of them! I can't wait to have a mark free face!

I can only speak of a good experience for myself. Everyone is different but after so many products, I think this product will be with me for a while!

During this past winter, my skin had really dry, redness on cheeks with clogged pores. This has been a lifesaver and my skin has not looked this good in 2 years! I'm so happy that I don't need to wear as much makeup. I must add that I have also stopped having too much dairy (milk) and this may have also helped.

I do hope that this product will continue to help over summer! If anyone wants to try it out, I would like to suggest to actually use it daily. I think the product actually suggest daily use! Btw, I only use it at night! The only con is the product can be slightly drying, but nothing moisturizer can't fix!

9/8/13: Stopped using it over Summer because my skin was good to me. Winter came around and my chin & forehead clogged breakouts came back. Started using this again on the problem areas areas. Now 1 month in, my chin is happier. I do still have tiny bumps on my forehead but that's probably due to a combination of my side fringe, hair spray and MU. This will definitely be a staple for when I get clogged pores every year!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Laladollx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Leaves my skin feeling fresh, revitalized, radiant, smooth and free of any acne.I Definitely will repurchase It's Well worth it (;

XoXo,
Asia

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser has been my go-to face wash for a few years now. It keeps my skin smooth, no flakey dry patch and keeps my blackheads and pimples in check. I'll try other cleanser, but I always come back to the biore scrub. It's pretty gentle for scrub, not too drying. A few reviewers mentioned the old style (green colored) versus the new (blue and white) and the only difference I've found is the lack of color additives in the new version, which seems like a good thing. I recently took a break from using the biore scrub to try a new face wash, and I did get a slight flare in pimples--this seems to be more like my pores are getting cleared out. I follow this and pretty much any face wash with a witch hazel toner, so I can't comment much on the residue that some have had issues with. I'd recommend this scrub for oily/combo and blemish-prone skin.

Update: after giving this plenty of time to adjust to skin, I've still been getting lots of breakouts. I tried a cetaphil cleanser bar and my skin has improved and is back to its pre-breakout state.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by gplaourliia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had never had acne, or even struggled with pimples. Basically I had perfect skin, until I used this product. I had two pimples and used this for two weeks whenever I showered and it tingled, but it worked i had gotten rid of those two tiny pimples. I thought this was a great product, but when the product ran out I didn't repurchase because I had never had to use products on a regular basis before. But after about a week of not using this product I started to get pimples and then about a month later had developed acne for the first time in my life and it is all due to this product. It is now a year later and my skin is still acne prone. I HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It cleaned surface of skin, it didn't get deep into pores. Doesn't get rid of blackheads.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a mild case of acne and my skin is better than it has ever been since I started using clean and clear the papaya and lemon one. But I wanted more results so I looked into Biore and it looked to be promising. BUT I was wrong. First impression right now, I HATED it. The chemical smell was absolutely terrible. It comes out in a squeeze tube, which isn't so bad, but pumps are more convenient. The texture was rough and was hard to wash off. After I patted my face dry, I looked in the mirror and my face looked dirty still. (Smell was overwhelming and I can still smell it after I put products over it). Face feels ok, no tight effect on skin. After trying it just now, I already have the receipt ready to return it. DO NOT BUY.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Razza353

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to used Proactiv for about 5 years but then went overseas on student exchange for 7 months. I ran out and needed something when I couldn't easily get it over there.

I randomly tried this a few months into my trip, and within a few weeks it had cleared up my redeveloping acne and to this day, almost a year later, keeps my face blemish free and wonderful. I couldn't love it more.

The price could be cheaper, at $10, with that said however I used to spend $80 or so every few months on the Proactiv kit, which I did swear by, but this is a fraction of the cost and works beautifully on my oily/acne-prone skin.

Love it! Definitely would buy again.

I guess it does come down to each person being different because reading these bad reviews, I honestly can say I haven't experienced any negative side effects on my skin. It's great. I don't feel a residue in fact I feel my face is more awake and feels lovely after use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying, my skin is not sensitive whatsoever, I can put dirt and peanut butter on my skin and not get a breakout or any adverse affects. But this is by far the worst cleanser/scrub I've ever used. I like to wash my face and have a clean refreshed feeling afterwards. This leaves my skin dirty and greasy, whereas I normally have dry skin. This is comparable to not washing and then slathering olive oil all over my dirty face. No bueno. I'm definitely surprised at any good reviews on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by calibby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This scrub isn't too intense but I could still feel it working. I just bought it recently and I use it in the shower. Right after my shower, I use the Biore Blemish Fighting Astringent on my face and all of the dirt come off so easily and my pore size has decreased a lot. I love Biore's products!