Mary Kay Velocity

on 6/11/2004 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a bit tired of Happy, although I like it. This isn't really that much like Happy, IMHO. It's a lot better! Yes, it has a initial citrus burst, but the florals in this one are much better, esp. the banana flower, it smells so pretty and fresh, I keep sniffing myself all day. Doesn't smell quite as "orange" as Happy and I don't sense an ozonic note here, as I do in Happy.
I bought Velocity for a friend, thinking I was "above" this type of scent now, then put some on at her house, and it smelled better than any of the testers I tried that day! I like it, great for the spring and summer, or any casual/fun day.
The upside down and iridescent bottle is so cute, too.

on 5/23/2004 2:48:00 PM

Liked it at first but after spraying it on and wearing all day. It absolutely made me sick...the smell became nausiating. Will never use it again...cheap and icky.

on 5/22/2004 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite perfumes. I'm usually more into body sprays, but this is light enough to be likable. It doesn't last that long, but if you layer it over the moisturizing gel, it gives it a boost. Very energizing scent. I also love the shower foam to wake me up in the morning!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It reminds me a little of Clinque Happy...but isn't as good. After wearing it for a few hours it started to smell different, even tho I didn't sweat or anything. The bottle was really cute tho. A couple of people told me that it reminds them of Coolwater and Adias Moves.

Love this fragrance. It's a great pick me up when the weather is not so great. Makes me think of spring/summer. Lasts a long time especially when I layer it with the Velocity hydrating gel.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!! i personally think it smells better than clinique happy. i use this often, and my bf loves it. :D

on 4/2/2004 6:47:00 PM

This doesn't smell like Clinique Happy. It smells like Clinique Happy Heart! I don't like this at all because I can't stand Clinique Happy Heart.

on 3/29/2004 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

This one isn't for me, I gave it away.

on 3/12/2004 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A "Happy" clone. I like it, but I never reach for it. Hmmm...I guess I find it boring.

This is one of the few perfumes I like. I am a body spray girl. I really like sweet and citrus scents alot. As most smells it took me a week to decide if I liked it. I determined I did like it and I continue to wear it now and then. It has a strong citrus smell, that I like alot. You only need a little because it is strong. As someone said in an earlier post it is a smell more suitable for teens and women in their 20's. It is not a "mature" scent. I have used all the products in the velocity line and I love the smell of the face wash and lotion the best. To bad they couldn't completely mimic the smell. But it's still great and I give it a 4.

Popular Fragrances