October 31, 2014 | 1644 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dear John - a Movin' On Facial Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Love the smell of this cream but it's a little bit too greasy for my liking. It's good for a night cream as it does moisturize and impart a healthy glow to my skin; but even a light layer during the day leads to extreme shininess. I probably wouldn't buy this cream again only because my skin isn't on the incredibly dry side and because there are probably better products out there. I've recently tried the Korres pomegranate moisturizer and finding that I enjoy it much more for my combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by nmdorio

I'm a big fan of this moisturizer! I have normal to dry skin, and this product has been wonderful for me. I have no problem with using it in the morning - even though it's a rich cream, my makeup stays put and my face NEVER feels greasy. I've not had one breakout (well, outside of the normal monthly one!) with this moisturizer. It may be a little pricey, but considering how little you need to use, it's an excellent deal! Just bought another jar this morning. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is what I call a great moisturizer. About a year and a half ago I moved on to this cream and I still love it. I have dry skin, but since using this, my face is smooth and soft as a baby. I put it on day and night, except for really hot summer days. The price is reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this cream at first and was really excited about the possibility of a less expensive replacement to my all time favorite - Dr. Weil for Origins Plantidote Mega Mushroom Cream at $60/jar. But after a while, I started to notice my skin just wasn't the same with this cream. I had redness and the texture was a little ruddy and uneaven. Moistrizes well, but doesn't compare. I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 9:33:00 AM More reviews by clairesewell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin which sometimes gets really dry. I have tried almost every product out there and this is the only onw I keep coming back to. I only use it when my skin is really dry as it is so thick, but it solves the problem overnight.
    The jar of product has lasted me almost a year now but I don't use it every night. I use it maybe once a week during autumn to winter. It is not for use in the summer or hot weather unless you have VERY dry skin. It is also worth mentioning that I have very sensitive skin and this product has caused me no problems at all.
    It soaks in really well and a little goes a long way which is good because it is so expensive. It does leave a slightly oily texture to the skin when you first apply it but it is gone by morning. For this reason, it's best used overnight and not as a base for makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by SchizoBlonde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have genuinely dry skin, I would highly recommend this for the fall, winter, and spring months. I like the way it sinks in and doesn't leave a greasy feel. I use it primarily at night, and I wake up with a moist, nice feel to my skin. I do not use it when the weather is hot and humid. It is too rich for that. I would not use this if I had oily skin, indeed I avoid it on my nose which does have large pores and will break out.

Save this for cooler or cold months. Try something lighter in summer. For the right time of year, it is a very good product, and I am on my third or fourth jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by acooltrev

I love this moisturizer! I have oily skin, acne prone skin so i use other products that fight the oil and acne, which ultimately dry my skin considerably. This moisturizer counteracts that dryness so well and, amazingly, doesn't make me breakout. It feels somewhat slick when it first goes on, but absorbs very well after about a minute.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that BeneFit should just stick to gimmick-y makeup. This is one of the worst moisturizers I've ever used. It made my skin feel like a total oilslick, and doesn't have any beneficial ingredients or SPF or anything. 2 lippies because it does its job and moisturizes....It just doesn't do anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Yeseul4rang

I was a bit skeptical since it doesn't have good rating. Then, i checked korean websites (I am korean by the way) i found it has really high raiting... about 9.5 out of 10. so i thought i'd give it a try.
    people says it is greasy if you have oily skin.
    i have dehydrated oily skin but it worked fine on me.
    when applying i could feel it is very rich, you need a bit of work on blending but it socked in fast and after that you feel fresh. nothing greasy or sticky. all you can feel is your soft silky hydrated skin. People thinks that benefit's skin care line shouldn't be high rated but i like them so far. Even firmology actually does the lifting for me.
    Even the SA told me that Dear John might not be suitable for summer,
    but i think it is perfect for my oily skin even in summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by laninadiva

I have been using Dear John off and on for the past 2 years. I loved using it in the winter time. I used it every evening before I went to bed. I would wake up in the morning with silky smooth skin and my uneven red patches would look so much better. I tried to use it in the spring and summer months and I broke out with these huge gigantic pimples and I normally don't have much acne except a small PMS induced pimple every month. So the other day I got too much sun & I couldn't find anything else in my travel bag except Dear John to use on my face. It worked really well on my sunburned skin and made it feel wonderful (and I didn't get any zits.) So I felt prompted to review it on here. It is a great winter and very dry skin moisturizer. The downsides to me, the smell is a little too fragranced for moisturizer and the packaging is awkward. It comes in a large glass jar with screw off lid. It is too bulky IMO.