October 26, 2014 | 1375 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by DeeClaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews, I decided to give it a try and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Because of my oily skin, some moisturizers leave my face oilier than before. This one didn't and left my face feeling really smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by xlooceex

this moisturizer did the job...its moisturized my skin without making it oily or shiny. however, i dont think i'd be buying this again as im looking for a moisturizer with more natural ingredients such as antioxidants and vitamins, etc.

------------------------------------
after about using this for 2 months, i've to say its one of the better moisturizers out there. it lefts my skin extremely smooth and soft and does not leave any oily residue whatsoever. i think its a good moisturizer for the day time under sunblock/makeup. use something with vitamins/antioxidants at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by teago

This moisturiser is divine! I have acne prone oily skin prone to dry flakes and woah this is the best! Gets rid of any flakey skin and makes my it soft and smooth. The only thing wrong with it is that sodium pca is not made to settle in to skin so therefore leaves a slight shiny residue but nothing a bit of powder cant fix :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by miiko

I got this as a sample from Kiehls. It is a basic moisturiser which absorbs into my skin quite well. But it is nothing exciting. I prefer something with anti-oxidant. The yate lotion is the one i was eyeing (no samples) but it is a bit too expensive to purchase without a trying a sample first.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Sweetchica329

URG! I wanted this moisturizer to work soo badly, however, the morning after putting it on, i woke up with badly chapped and broken out skin. It looked like a bad rash (obviously bad allergic reaction to one or more of the ingredients). It was quite terrible. I do not recommend this with people who have sensitive and or acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by brightpinkflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this moisturizer at all. Even though it is oil free, it feels really greasy and it doesnt get absorbed into my skin. Furthermore, it makes my skin looks oily! I will not purchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

10-15 years ago the choices for oily/combo skin hydration were limited. Neutrogena was pretty much the only option and for many, myself included, that option left me greasy and broken out.
Enter Sodium PCA. Certainly an expensive alternative, but I'm perfectly willing to finance h/e products that work for me. Especially when my options for less expensive choices either don't work for me or don't exist.
I've got normal to oily skin that is breakout prone. I do not require hydration all over my face at any time of the year. Instead, I use moisturizer on strategic areas of my face. Now that I'm in my mid-30s, I use moisturizer around the eye area twice a day.
I've moved away from Sodium PCA in favor of Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel (http://www.cosmeticscop.com). Both moisturizers hydrate drier areas of my face leaving a smooth, dry finish. Both are fragrance free and neither irriate or cause my skin to break out. Sodium PCA comes in a jar, which I don't love, but also don't mind. Skin Balancing Moisture is in a tube, which I prefer.
Price aside, my main complaint with Kiehl's is product formulation stagnation. Kiehl's only added vitamin A to Sodium PCA last year. Otherwise, this hydrator doesn't incorporate much in the way of skin care advances from the last 10 years (advanced water binding ingredients, a variety of antioxidents, skin communicating ingredients, etc.). Instead, Kiehl's offers the option of getting those benefits from additional products. I prefer one product that delivers more of the benefits I desire.
I've stopped using Sodium PCA and can only see returning to it if other options become unavailable. This is a reliable moisturizer for my skin type and needs, just not a terribly exciting one. For the price, I'd like something more interesting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only moisturizer I've ever repurchased, other than back in the early 90s when I was convinced that yellow Clinique crap would be the answer to my adolescent skin woes. You live and you learn, and I think I've finally settled down with Kiehl's Oil-Free Moisturizer.

I use it every morning, and often at night, especially in the summer months. It always goes on smooth and disappears into my skin quickly, unlike most moisturizers, which leave the inevitable greasy sheen.

It has no scent and the packaging is rather plain, so it make take some of the fun out of a more frilly person's beauty regime. However, this moisturizer will never break you out or shine you up, even on the most humid of days. The price is right, and the payoff is even better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by troublebound

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does not irritate my sensitive acne/clog prone skin, does not cause blemishes, and does moisturize. It doesn't sink in very well though, Sodium PCA can never completely be absorbed. It sits on my skin and looks greasy so I can only use it at night. It does work very well as a light nighttime moisturizer but I will not use it during the day anymore. I would think that there are better products out there, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by tarter1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i think the kiehl's sodium PCA oil free moisturizer is excellent. it is very light. i have combo/sensitive skin and i would use this at night. my skin always felt great in the morning! however, i do have a problem with blackheads on my nose and i do not believe the hype about "oil free" anymore because these products still clog pores! this is a great/perfect moisturizer for anyone who doesn't have to worry about clogged pores and blackheads! i would re-purchase because the price is reasonable and it did make my face feel very smooth. i only complain about my own blackhead problem and the "oil free" claim that MANY companies use.