July 28, 2014 | 1995 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by suzyorchid

I gave this a 3 because I think its an average product.

Pros:
- It takes off eye makeup quite well and quickly
- The price is very reasonable for the amount that you receive. I think this will last me a while.

Cons:
- I find my eyes to be a bit dry right after it. The consistency of this product is in liquid form (not a gel, nor oil-based) which may explain the dryness.
- I don't find it to be gentle at all. I don't have to rub it in my eyes but it doesn't leave a clean, moisturized feel afterwards. I actually feel like I need to rinse my eyes after using this.
- This stung my eyes a little when it got into my eye. It wasn't a sharp stinging but it hurt and my eyes watered for 5-10 seconds
- This isn't a natural product at all despite the name suggesting Chamomille. This is my BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT with this product. I thought The Body Shop sourced natural ingredients but when you look at the ingredient list, you will see that are some bad ingredients in it. Very disappointing and misleading I think

Despite giving this a 3 (because of its effectiveness and price) I definitely will not re-purchase this at all. There are many makeup removers out there that offer more at the same reasonable price point I think.

UPDATE: I took off 1 lippie (for a total of 2 lippies). Found this does NOT take off certain waterproof mascaras. Pretty disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be very gentle, and very good at getting off all my eye makeup. It is all natural, and very reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mlem287

I found this very irritating, it stings, but I do have very sensitive skin. It took off my makeup, but I think the oil based ones do the trick faster and more efficiently.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by chrispookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best eye makeup remover ever! I use the liquid one and I apply it on a cotton pad (1 for each eye) and it's great at wiping my usual eye makeup (concealer, corrector, eyeliner). It's definitely not oily, not smelly, and doesn't need any rinsing afterwards. You may need to wipe the area more than once if you have heavy eye makeup on. Even after removing all of my eye makeup, mascara or eyeliner will still run after a shower or washing my face but that's something that'll happen no matter what eye makeup remover you use, IMO.

The only good thing about the packaging is its large size, which makes it last about 1-2 months with me. It's a shame there's no travel size. I have to wrap the lid in tape, then wrap the bottle in a plastic bag then tape it again and then put it in my makeup bag in my suitcase...what a hassle! Another thing that's annoying about this is the cap. Sometimes, with handling, it goes wonky and snaps which hurts my fingers/nails (no serious injuries) but it's worth it for the stuff this product does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

i love this make up remover and this is probably my favorite product from Body Shop! it removes make up without being too harsh on my skin and it removes really effectively. the bottle is huge too and i find this to be a very good for value product - this bottle can last you for a very long time! i've been using this for almost 5 years now, and i will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Lindseyxo

Does this remove my eye make up? Yes.
Does it do so efficiently? No.
Is it gentle, as it claims to be? Definitely not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye makeup remover because it takes all my eye makeup and doesn't irritate it or leave it feeling dry. The chaomomile helps to condition the eye so it feels nice afterwards. Its a bit pricey compared to drugstore eyemakeup removers being around ~$14-15 but one bottle lasts a very long time, and you rarely need alot of product to get rid of your eye makeup. TBS is always having some kind of sale so its easy to pick this up for much cheaper. (I bought this as a B2G1 free =) The packaging comes in a plastic bottle with a snap top. I remember they used to have this in gel form, but they reformulated it to a lotion which I'm not fond of so I use the liquid instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by pinksaburke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this make-up remover during a promotion at TBS this weekend. I'm glad I only purchsed the trial size and it only cost me $2. I like that it is gentle on the eyes BUT it does nothing to remove waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by nikkionthego

I bought this remover after not using it for years, and it is much worse then I remember. It works OK for regular make-up, but does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for waterproof. A huge disappointment!! Back on the hunt...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very splitted feelings for this product. It says on the bottle that it's great for sensitive which I don't believe in. I like the idea of the soothing chamomile, but to me it seems more harsh than soothing. It stings a lot when it gets in the eyes and makes a strange foam on the cotton pad. Also it contains benzyl alcohol which can cause eye irritations and with that said it doesn't make any sense to put in an eye makeup remover to me. The big variety of parabens added doesn't make me happy either.
With all that said it actually removes my eye makeup efficient and I fortunately haven't felt any eye irritations yet. But I wouldn't but this again and my hunt on a great organic and gentle eye makeup remover goes on.