October 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:27:00 AM More reviews by sharryade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this. It is very gentle for the eye area. I don't even need to wipe, just place the cotton pad with this on the eye area, my eye make up will get dissolved.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by BellaLuella

Love this as a make up remover. It is now a staple in my bag. I love it better then those ones where you have to shake. Love it better then albacore. It leaves no greassiness. I have had about three eye surgeries within a year and this has been so gentle and takes the make up off completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like such an idiot! It wasn't until I started reading some of the negative comments that I realized that this is actually a HORRIBLE make up remover!

It stings, and I thought that that was just the way make up removers were! I thought that the trade off of using a non-oily make up remover was stinging. I realize now that I deserve better, especially for what I'm paying for it!

Besides the stinging, it is not effective! I'd have to spend 5 minutes rubbing my eyes with this harsh stuff to end up with racoon eyes.

SIGH - thus beginith my search for a new eye make up remover!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by suzyorchid

I gave this a 3 because I think its an average product.

Pros:
- It takes off eye makeup quite well and quickly
- The price is very reasonable for the amount that you receive. I think this will last me a while.

Cons:
- I find my eyes to be a bit dry right after it. The consistency of this product is in liquid form (not a gel, nor oil-based) which may explain the dryness.
- I don't find it to be gentle at all. I don't have to rub it in my eyes but it doesn't leave a clean, moisturized feel afterwards. I actually feel like I need to rinse my eyes after using this.
- This stung my eyes a little when it got into my eye. It wasn't a sharp stinging but it hurt and my eyes watered for 5-10 seconds
- This isn't a natural product at all despite the name suggesting Chamomille. This is my BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT with this product. I thought The Body Shop sourced natural ingredients but when you look at the ingredient list, you will see that are some bad ingredients in it. Very disappointing and misleading I think

Despite giving this a 3 (because of its effectiveness and price) I definitely will not re-purchase this at all. There are many makeup removers out there that offer more at the same reasonable price point I think.

UPDATE: I took off 1 lippie (for a total of 2 lippies). Found this does NOT take off certain waterproof mascaras. Pretty disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be very gentle, and very good at getting off all my eye makeup. It is all natural, and very reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mlem287

I found this very irritating, it stings, but I do have very sensitive skin. It took off my makeup, but I think the oil based ones do the trick faster and more efficiently.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by chrispookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best eye makeup remover ever! I use the liquid one and I apply it on a cotton pad (1 for each eye) and it's great at wiping my usual eye makeup (concealer, corrector, eyeliner). It's definitely not oily, not smelly, and doesn't need any rinsing afterwards. You may need to wipe the area more than once if you have heavy eye makeup on. Even after removing all of my eye makeup, mascara or eyeliner will still run after a shower or washing my face but that's something that'll happen no matter what eye makeup remover you use, IMO.

The only good thing about the packaging is its large size, which makes it last about 1-2 months with me. It's a shame there's no travel size. I have to wrap the lid in tape, then wrap the bottle in a plastic bag then tape it again and then put it in my makeup bag in my suitcase...what a hassle! Another thing that's annoying about this is the cap. Sometimes, with handling, it goes wonky and snaps which hurts my fingers/nails (no serious injuries) but it's worth it for the stuff this product does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

i love this make up remover and this is probably my favorite product from Body Shop! it removes make up without being too harsh on my skin and it removes really effectively. the bottle is huge too and i find this to be a very good for value product - this bottle can last you for a very long time! i've been using this for almost 5 years now, and i will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Lindseyxo

Does this remove my eye make up? Yes.
Does it do so efficiently? No.
Is it gentle, as it claims to be? Definitely not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eye makeup remover because it takes all my eye makeup and doesn't irritate it or leave it feeling dry. The chaomomile helps to condition the eye so it feels nice afterwards. Its a bit pricey compared to drugstore eyemakeup removers being around ~$14-15 but one bottle lasts a very long time, and you rarely need alot of product to get rid of your eye makeup. TBS is always having some kind of sale so its easy to pick this up for much cheaper. (I bought this as a B2G1 free =) The packaging comes in a plastic bottle with a snap top. I remember they used to have this in gel form, but they reformulated it to a lotion which I'm not fond of so I use the liquid instead.