April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was in the mall once when LUSH had a special event. I bought a few goodies and received a free goodie bag! One of the items was called Flying Fox shower gel. I absolutely love shower gels and use them all over my body. But, this scent and lather is disgusting to me. After I used it once, I just tossed it to my mom to use. I prefer other scents. I will not buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just read the reviews after posting, oops. Many share the same view on mothballs.

I got a sample of Flying Fox, so please disregard price and packaging. I just have to ask, does anyone else think this reeks of mothballs? I tried it and it did soften my skin, but the smell afterwards...holy....

I purchased the Godiva hair puck not too long ago and used it twice, when all of a sudden *poof* is stunk like mothballs. I recently learned Flying Fox and Godiva are the same scent, so that explains the bizarre mothball-y thing going on. I'm not alone, my husband, friends, sister and mom all agree it stinks. Is it the humidity in the south or is that just what jasmine smells like? A scent that for some, is great and for others is mothball central? Odd...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yummmmmm. This is def. one of those smells you either love or you hate...I love it, can't get enough. If this is too strong for you try the alkmaar soap! it is slightly milder..more vanilla-y but still jasmine. This doesnt make my skin any drier or softer, just clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off - you HAVE to love a lot of Jasmine to like this product plain and simple.

Upon first sniff in Lush, I wasn't a fan of Flying Fox Shower Gel. I purchased something else instead, but left that day with Godiva shampoo puck not so much for the scent but because it was recommended for my hair type.

Godiva grew on me. I liked the scent and the lasting power the scent had in my hair. At the time I wasn't aware Flying Fox was the identical scent. When I returned to Lush I asked about a complimenting scent to Godiva and Flying Fox was suggested. This time I liked it a bit more and purchased it.

The staying power of the scent on my skin is amazing. SOme days I can skip perfume altogether and the scent from the shower gel and my hair combined is enough so people do think I'm wearing a little perfume (not an overpowering, eye watering scent, you actually have to be fairly close to smell it).

My skin is soft and I smell great and get compliments on it from my coworkers and friends. I have since purchased Lust solid perfume (again same scent!) to go with them as well.

This really is a love it or hate it scent - but I personally love it

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by vdudes

Flying Fox shower gel is wicked if you like soft skin and jasmine. The scent is strong but I find it works to wake me up if I am showering in the morning and relax or calm me if I am showering at night. The scent truly stays on my skin for hours and hours lightly though (I am still able to wear perfume without smelling too strong). There is a large amount of Jasmine in Flying Fox which is an aphrodisiac, and is therefore great to use before a hot date, and the scent also works to calm PMS (for all the boys with girlfriends reading this). There are 5 types of honey in Flying Fox which work to leave you skin silky-smooth and moisturized after using it. The only reason why I gave it a rating of 4 is that, since the scent is very strong, there are times in which I skip over it in the shower and use something softer in scent. Other than that... Flying Fox is where it's at!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by TomBoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I got a sample of this stuff from LUSH, and I seriously hope that never happens again. This stuff stinks something horrible, I had to take three extra showers to wash the smell off of me, and out of the bathroom, it was that strong. It also left my skin feeling extremely itchy, and I don't have allergies to any of the ingredients.
-TBB

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Kgrrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love! This is a beautiful scent. Cleans without stripping my skin. It's slightly pricey but I will definitely repurchase. The scent of this stays on my skin for a few hours post shower :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by melanyjada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product so much that I've bought it for both my mother and my best friend.

I adore this & the first time I smelled it - I was less then impressed but I decided to give it another go after getting a feel for Lush.

What I mean by that is - a lot of the stuff smelled really overwhelming in the store but once I got it home into my shower, I fell in love and could really appreciate the smell after it melted into my skin.

I'm so glad I gave this another shot because it's just DELICIOUS.

That's the one word that comes to mind when I think of this just, delicious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like they say, you'll either love the scent or hate it. Personally, I'm in love with it. I realized that on LUSH's US website it's categorized as "relax into a restful mood after a warm shower" type of product but here it's marketed as it has an "aphrodisiac effect". Well I think I believe the latter more because jasmine, ylang ylang and honey all combined smell really sexy to me. I wouldn't call this scent as 'relaxing' at all. I was given this product as a free gift by Lush but I must tell you that this is one of their best products ever so I'll definitely repurchase when I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You will need to love jasmine to use this gel - it's powerfully perfumed and not for the faint hearted! The jasmine scent is heady yet cool and tempered and given depth by a hint of green tea. There seems to be a little ylang ylang in there too, but not too much - a good thing as I find ylang ylang extremely sickly, but this gel is sensual and invigorating rather than overtly sweet.

Lathers well, even in our hard water area, and is gentle on the skin despite the concentration of essential oils it must take to produce this level of perfume, which lingers faintly on the skin. I only use the tiniest amount, and afterwards feel like I've been bathing in flowers.