December 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Pure Poison

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pure Poison is a very posh scent...it opens up with the blast of succulent bergamot and very zingy, yellow jasmine non like the jasmins I use to know in a perfume...until now...
the first stage is bright,clear flowers with a sweet vanilla note, and some orange blossoms...and it is beautiful...faraway in a distant drydown you can relate it to the first Poison (considering they have a simmilar base), but this one is quieter and more of a daytime fragrance..PP is very sexy, almost unbereable sexy scent..it stays close to the skin yet it has a power to reveal your inner girl,that freeminded,happy, careless person that you sometimes forget you relly are...
it is white,like a white lace underwear,soft,ambery and flowery...I enjoy it every time I put it on. it makes me feel very clean, sexy and I get loads of compliments each end every time!!

but there's much more to this fragrance than just flowers...it develops versatilely on different skin types, so the best way to test it would be to put it on your skin...if you feel comfortable wearing a great mixture of white flowers, some gardenia, jasmin and sandal-great..
if you find it to annoying and to sparkly(meaning loud and loaded with flowers),you will probably never love it...this is a perfume to fall in love with, or to ignore it...there's no middle..

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this smell (fresh, sweet, and clean) but I wouldn't buy it full price. There are much cheaper fragrances that pretty much do the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by becky39

Well this one is not a keeper, too floral for my taste, it IS pretty but not for me, i'll stick with my favorite Dior, Hypnotic Poison.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful combination of luxurious flowers and mysteriousness in one perfume. The bottle is most beautiful bottle i own in my perfume collection. I love this perfume, its very romantic. This is one of the staples in my perfume collection and will remain alongside my coco mademoiselle and chanel no 5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always repurchase it:) It's a wonderful feminine scent, stays on clothes and hair, you just need a tiny amount:) My favourite among the Poisons perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a strong floral fragrance. It's very complex and sensuous fragrance. A strong blast of orange blossom marks the start. The drydown is like a jasmine bomb. I find it fabulous as a signature scent for winter because it smells warm. Lasts all day and longer. 2 sprays are enough and I can still smell it the next day on my clothes. I love it that I don't need to touch up and the fragrance is still beautiful.
Update (Aug 2012): I've had the same bottle since 2007 and lately I've noticed a stale note has started to appear. I believe the fragrance has started to go stale despite keeping out of sunlight in a drawer. In light of this, I will only buy a small bottle of this or store in a fridge since I tend to rotate between fragrances. If you live in the tropics or desert, beware as it will go stale within a couple of years. Above all, buy fresh stock by checking the batch code on the box.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I *LOVE* this perfume. Every single time I wore this perfume out, I would get toooons of compliments from both girls and guys. So many guys complimented me on this perfume that it's not even funny. Even guys that rarely compliment girls on anything, told me that this perfume smells extremely sexy and mysterious. I love the fact that when I put this perfume on, I can still smell it on me five hours later. The bottle is also beautiful too. It has a pearly white finish. My only complaint about this perfume is that it's really expensive. It costs anywhere from $110 to $140. The sales associate at Shopper's Drug Mart said that this perfume was not really appropriate with young women and that it would suit women in their 40's. I would have to disagree with this. I think this perfume is great for women in their 20's and 30's. I will DEFINITELY keep repurchasing this! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Very fresh, floral and clean scent. Quite unique amongst the florals, not like anything I smelled.

I used to be into sweet scents, but now I'm more into florals and I totally love this one!

Perfect for evenings, weddings or any special occasion. Not something I would wear a lot cuz that would be a waste.

The silage on clothes is quite good, but on my skin it only lasts about an hour. But I don't know, that's the case with almost every other perfume I tried except Coco Mademoiselle and Amarige. Perhaps because my skin is on the dry side. Perfumes cling better to oilier skin.

I tried Hypnotic Poison and hated it, and from the reviews here I can tell that if you like Hypnotic you won't like Pure and vice versa...

Lovely perfume that I won't repurchase just because of the very poor lasting power...it doesn't justify the cost :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Pure Poison is the 4th version of Poison. It came out in 2004. It is a very clean scent, but complex. Top notes include fresh notes of bergamot and jasmine, then white flowers come in, erotic and intoxicating, while sandalwood and amber in the base give it depth. It is a unique scent that I keep coming back to.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

personagrata took the words right out of my mouth on this one. when this perfume was being advertised in the fashion mags the card for this one literally haunted me. i knew the moment i smelled it i had to have it and I DID.
will definately re-purchase when i run out.