August 22, 2014 | 1041 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by olyaspb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always repurchase it:) It's a wonderful feminine scent, stays on clothes and hair, you just need a tiny amount:) My favourite among the Poisons perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a strong floral fragrance. It's very complex and sensuous fragrance. A strong blast of orange blossom marks the start. The drydown is like a jasmine bomb. I find it fabulous as a signature scent for winter because it smells warm. Lasts all day and longer. 2 sprays are enough and I can still smell it the next day on my clothes. I love it that I don't need to touch up and the fragrance is still beautiful.
Update (Aug 2012): I've had the same bottle since 2007 and lately I've noticed a stale note has started to appear. I believe the fragrance has started to go stale despite keeping out of sunlight in a drawer. In light of this, I will only buy a small bottle of this or store in a fridge since I tend to rotate between fragrances. If you live in the tropics or desert, beware as it will go stale within a couple of years. Above all, buy fresh stock by checking the batch code on the box.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I *LOVE* this perfume. Every single time I wore this perfume out, I would get toooons of compliments from both girls and guys. So many guys complimented me on this perfume that it's not even funny. Even guys that rarely compliment girls on anything, told me that this perfume smells extremely sexy and mysterious. I love the fact that when I put this perfume on, I can still smell it on me five hours later. The bottle is also beautiful too. It has a pearly white finish. My only complaint about this perfume is that it's really expensive. It costs anywhere from $110 to $140. The sales associate at Shopper's Drug Mart said that this perfume was not really appropriate with young women and that it would suit women in their 40's. I would have to disagree with this. I think this perfume is great for women in their 20's and 30's. I will DEFINITELY keep repurchasing this! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Very fresh, floral and clean scent. Quite unique amongst the florals, not like anything I smelled.

I used to be into sweet scents, but now I'm more into florals and I totally love this one!

Perfect for evenings, weddings or any special occasion. Not something I would wear a lot cuz that would be a waste.

The silage on clothes is quite good, but on my skin it only lasts about an hour. But I don't know, that's the case with almost every other perfume I tried except Coco Mademoiselle and Amarige. Perhaps because my skin is on the dry side. Perfumes cling better to oilier skin.

I tried Hypnotic Poison and hated it, and from the reviews here I can tell that if you like Hypnotic you won't like Pure and vice versa...

Lovely perfume that I won't repurchase just because of the very poor lasting power...it doesn't justify the cost :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Pure Poison is the 4th version of Poison. It came out in 2004. It is a very clean scent, but complex. Top notes include fresh notes of bergamot and jasmine, then white flowers come in, erotic and intoxicating, while sandalwood and amber in the base give it depth. It is a unique scent that I keep coming back to.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

personagrata took the words right out of my mouth on this one. when this perfume was being advertised in the fashion mags the card for this one literally haunted me. i knew the moment i smelled it i had to have it and I DID.
will definately re-purchase when i run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this on my wrist right now, and I instantly made the decision that this is not the scent for me. This is a scent for floral lovers, and I certainly don't fall within that genre. It's clean, fresh, and very heavy on the flowers. It reminds me of a woman in a flowing white dress, who spends hours in her garden wearing an enormous straw sunhat; however this isn't for summer or daytime. This is a wild night in a bottle for floral lovers: rich, heavy, and luxurious flowers. I suppose I expected something a bit more erotic and dark to be associated with the "Poison" name. It's nice, but it's just not me. I think I'll stick with Addict and Hypnotic Poison.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice floral perfume,smells like white flowers and orange blossom with vanilla,its a little sweet.Comes in a beautiful bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by personagrata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Old fashioned stylish romantic scent, uncommon and different. Among all those sickening sweet , weird, fruity something scents, this one is a really masterpiece. great for special occasions , weddings etc. Only for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I bought this about 9 months ago & have been using it on & off. I really adore the smell of this; it's not too strong unless u spray more than twice (once or two times is enough) best part is that it lasts throughout the whole day too which i like.